Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-22-2014, 12:20 AM   #711
William

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

I like the way you amalgamated the two versions of Toad. The in-story character development is a nice touch.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:20 AM   #712
Otaku

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Speaking of Toad (and the length of this thread possibly meaning I should know the answer already), how does he compare to the early 90's version of Toad... who in retrospect is movie Toad without the flashy fighting Skills, but in a position of leadership in the group (and doing a good-but-not-great job).

Also, don't all versions have some sort of controllable toxic secretion that causes paralysis? If not all, I remember it being a part of the movie (where he spat it in Jean Grey's face) and in part of the comics (where he secreted it from at least his hands and could use it to paralyze foes). Obviously, my memory is my memory and quite fallible, and I asked this suddenly realizing I don't have time to just go look it up myself. Sorry. ^^'
My GURPS Fourth Edition library consists of Basic Set: Characters, Basic Set: Campaigns, Martial Arts, Powers, Powers: Enhanced Senses, Power-Ups 1: Imbuements, Power-Ups 2: Perks, Power-Ups 3: Talents, Power-Ups 4: Enhancements, Power-Ups 6: Quirks, Power-Ups 8: Limitations, Powers, Social Engineering, Supers, Template Toolkit 1: Characters, Template Toolkit 2: Races, one issue of Pyramid (3/83) a.k.a. Alternate GURPS IV, GURPS Classic Rogues, and GURPS Classic Warriors. Most of which was provided through the generosity of others. Thanks! :)
Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 12:31 PM   #713
Phantasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku View Post
Speaking of Toad (and the length of this thread possibly meaning I should know the answer already), how does he compare to the early 90's version of Toad... who in retrospect is movie Toad without the flashy fighting Skills, but in a position of leadership in the group (and doing a good-but-not-great job).

Also, don't all versions have some sort of controllable toxic secretion that causes paralysis? If not all, I remember it being a part of the movie (where he spat it in Jean Grey's face) and in part of the comics (where he secreted it from at least his hands and could use it to paralyze foes). Obviously, my memory is my memory and quite fallible, and I asked this suddenly realizing I don't have time to just go look it up myself. Sorry. ^^'
I tend to avoid the X-Men Dork Age!Toad, written by aspiring Image artists before Image was a company and after Clairmont left the X-books after his unparalleled 15 year run.

As for the toxic secretion, that was introduced during the Dork Age, probably one reason I forgot he occasionally had it. Movie!Toad's fast-hardening mucus-resin was a bit too much of a gross-out for a neo-silver age write-up.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:29 PM   #714
Phantasm

TRASK, OLIVER

Identity: Trask does not use a dual identity.
Legal Status: Citizen of the United States with no criminal record.
Other Aliases: None.
Place of Birth: Unrevealed.
Marital Status: Presumably married, divorced, or widowed.
Known Relatives: Larry (son).
Group Affiliation: SHIELD, formerly Stark Industries.
Base of Operations: Arlington, Virginia.
History: Oliver Trask was a skilled engineer working for Stark Industries who had developed a scanner which could determine whether a superhuman was in the vicinity (see Stark Industries). However, he was obligated by his hiring contract to let SI have all the credit; he was certain that Tony Stark himself would be given the credit for it if knowledge of the scanner's existence was released to the public, if Stark Industries didn't just sit on the scanner or destroy it (see Iron Man). Because of this, he falsified his notes to indicate it was a failure.

Trask had long been an admirer of SHIELD director Henry Gyrich, and arranged to meet with him by riding on Stark's own invitation to a Hellfire Club party as a "plus one" (see Gyrich, Henry Peter; Hellfire Club; SHIELD). Trask had the same anti-superhuman bias as Gyrich, a view lacked by Stark. At the party, Trask let Gyrich know of the scanner and arranged to have the prototype delivered to Gyrich's desk behind Stark's back. Gyrich was impressed and arranged for Trask to be hired by SHIELD directly.

Trask worked closely with the engineering team that developed the Sentinels for SHIELD, doing some work on their sensors and programming himself (see Sentinels). Because of his role in their development, Trask was present at the Sentinels' unveiling to the public. During the unveiling, Trask and Gyrich were attacked by the mutant shapeshifter Mystique and her terrorist organization, the Mutant Liberation Front, only to be saved by the mutant adventurers known as the X-Men and SHIELD's Interpol liason, Teresa Rourke (see Bainsidhe; Mutant Liberation Front; Mystique; X-Men). Trask chastised the X-Men for operating so openly, which in his mind necessitated the production of the Sentinels in the first place.

Trask has since been given the role of overseeing the Sentinels' deployment for SHIELD. He also began the creation of a national database of the identities of every superhuman in the United States, using information provided by the Sentinels' genetic scanners, facial recognition software, and social networking sites.
Height: 5' 9".
Weight: 150 lbs.
Eyes: Brown.
Hair: Brown.
Uniform: None.
Strength Level: Oliver Trask possesses the normal human strength of a man his age, height, and build who engages in little regular exercise.
Known Superhuman Powers: None.
Other Abilities: Trask is a skilled electronics engineer with a background in computer programming.

75 points
Attributes:
ST 9 [-10]; DX 9 [-20]; IQ 13 [60]; HT 9 [-10].
Secondary Characteristics: Dmg 1d-2/1d-1; BL 16 lbs.; HP 10 [2]; Will 12 [-5]; Per 12 [-5]; FP 9 [0]; Basic Speed 4.50 [0]; Basic Move 5 [5]; Dodge 7.
Languages: English (Native) (Native Language) [0].
Cultural Familiarities: Western [0].
Advantages: Circuit Sense 4 [20]; SHIELD Rank 6 [30]; Status 2 [0*]; Versatile [5]; Wealth (Comfortable) [10].
Perks: Haughty Sneer [1].
Disadvantages: Callous [-5]; Combat Paralysis [-15]; Intolerance (Superhumans) [-5]; Pacifism (Cannot Kill) [-15]; Skinny [-5].
Quirks: Admires Gyrich [-1]; Dislikes Tony Stark [-1]; Mild OCD [-1]; Proud [-1]; Uncongenial [-1].
Skills: Administration (A) IQ+0 [2] – 13; Biology/TL8 (Genetics) (H) IQ+0 [4] – 13; Computer Programming (H) IQ+1 [8] – 14; Electronics Operation/TL8 (Medical) (A) IQ+5 [4] – 18†; Electronics Operation/TL8 (Sensors) (A) IQ+5 [4] – 18†; Electronics Repair/TL8 (Sensors) (A) IQ+5 [4] – 18†; Engineer/TL8 (Electronics) (H) IQ+4 [4] – 17†; Engineer/TL8 (Robotics) (H) IQ+0 [4] – 13; Mathematics/TL8 (Applied) (H) IQ+0 [4] – 13; Savoir-Faire (High Society) (E) IQ+1 [2] – 14; Savoir-Faire (Police) (E) IQ+1 [2] – 14;
Starting Spending Money: $8,000 (20% of Starting Wealth).

* Includes +2 from Rank.
† Includes +4 from Circuit Sense.

Role-Playing Notes:
Trask is a weak, conniving backstabber who would sell out his own mother to get ahead. He admires Gyrich and despises Stark, and is on fairly good terms with Sebastian Shaw.

Design Notes:
1. Yeah, I know his name in the comics was originally Bolivar, not Oliver, but ask yourself this: when was the last time you heard of or met anyone with the name "Bolivar"?

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.

Last edited by Phantasm; 06-28-2020 at 03:07 PM.
Old 06-27-2014, 02:34 PM   #715
Phantasm

UNUS THE UNTOUCHABLE

Occupation: Professional criminal, former professional mixed martial arts prizefighter.
Identity: Publicly known.
Legal Status: Naturalized citizen of the United States with a criminal record.
Other Aliases: Gunther Bain.
Place of Birth: Milan, Italy.
Marital Status: Single.
Known Relatives: None.
Group Affiliation: Sometime partner of the Blob, member of the Brotherhood of Mutants.
Base of Operations: Mobile.
History: Angelo Unuscione immigrated to the United States at age 18 to enter the mixed martial arts circuit, billing himself as "Unus the Untouchable". Although he had what would be considered a successful career, he was repeatedly denied a shot at a championship title, in no small part due to being outed as a mutant. Embittered, Unus decided to take revenge on the MMA federation by kidnapping and holding the owners for ransom. This scheme was thwarted by the X-Man known as Beast, who developed a machine that increased Unus's field to incredibly powerful levels, to the point where he was unable to breathe because his field wasn't permitting any gases through (see Beast; X-Men). Humbled, Unus released his hostages, and Beast used his machine to return Unus's powers to their normal levels. Unus was arrested and sent to prison.

Unus escaped prison several months later and teamed up with the Blob, another foe of the X-Men, in order to discredit their mutual enemies (see Blob). The two designed their own X-Men uniforms, based on those of Cyclops and the Beast, and went on a rampage through midtown Manhattan (see Cyclops). Once again, the X-Men defeated him and he was returned to prison. While awaiting trial, they broke out of prison to join up with Magneto and his Brotherhood of Mutants (see Brotherhood of Mutants; Magneto). He has served with the Brotherhood ever since.
Height: 6' 1".
Weight: 220 lbs.
Eyes: Blue.
Hair: Black.
Uniform: Red woolen bodysuit, black trunks with a ziggurat pattern on them, black boots.
Strength Level: Unus possesses the normal human strength of a man his age, height, and build who engages in intensive regular exercise.
Known Superhuman Powers: Unus is a mutant who can psionically create a powerful force field around him, protecting him from harm. This force field can be varied in intensity at will, ranging from completely off to being strong enough to completely deflect .50 caliber machine guns. The field permits light and air to pass through so that he can breathe, see, and be seen; it is not known whether the field will protect him from lasers or gases. Quite possibly, the field will protect him against the enhanced energy of a laser. This field makes it difficult for those who attempt to grapple him to keep hold of him.

Unus is also able to use the field to push objects away from him, though he cannot push with his force field at a greater strength than he could normally.
Other Abilities: Unus is skilled at Brazilian Jiujitsu.

735 points
Attributes:
ST 14 [40]; DX 12 [40]; IQ 10 [0]; HT 12 [20].
Secondary Characteristics: Dmg 1d/2d; BL 39 lbs.; HP 14 [0]; Will 10 [0]; Per 10 [0]; FP 12 [0]; Basic Speed 6.00 [0]; Basic Move 6 [0]; Dodge 9.
Languages: English (Accented) [4]; Italian (Native) (Native Language) [0].
Cultural Familiarities: Western [0].
Advantages: Appearance (Attractive) [4]; Damage Resistance 85 (Force Field, +20%; Link (w/ Slippery), +10%; Switchable, +10%; Mutant Psionic, -10%) [553]; Enhanced Parry (Bare Hands) 1 [5]; Fit [5]; Slippery 5 (Force Field, +20%; Link (w/ Slippery), +10%; Switchable, +10%; Mutant Psionic, -10%) [13]; Telekinesis 10 (Repulsion, -60%; Mutant Psionic, -10%) [15]; Wealth (Comfortable) [10].
Perks: Classic Italian Features [1]; Dirty Fighting [1]; Style Familiarity (Brazilian Jiujitsu) [1].
Disadvantages: Bad Temper (12) [-10]; Overconfidence (9) [-7]; Pacifism (Reluctant Killer) [-5]; Social Stigma (Criminal Record) [-5]; Stubbornness [-5].
Quirks: Adrenaline Junkie [-1]; Holds Grudges For A Long Time [-1]; Show-Off [-1]; Stop Having Fun, Guys! [-1]; Vanity [-1].
Skills: Current Affairs/TL8 (Sports) (E) IQ+0 [1] – 10; Judo (H) DX+2 [12] – 14; Karate (H) DX+2 [12] – 14; Knife (E) DX+2 [4] – 14; Lifting (A) HT+0 [2] – 12; Performance (A) IQ+0 [2] – 10; Public Speaking (A) IQ+0 [2] – 10; Running (A) HT+0 [2] – 12; Savoir-Faire (Dojo) (E) IQ+0 [1] – 10; Skiing (H) HT-1 [2] – 11; Swimming (E) HT+0 [1] – 12; Wrestling (A) DX+2 [8] – 14.
Techniques: Leg Grapple (Judo) (H) def+1 [2] – 15; Leg Throw (Judo) (H) def+2 [3] – 14; Lower-Body Head Lock (Wrestling) (H) def+5 [6] – 14.
Starting Spending Money: $8,000 (20% of Starting Wealth).

Role-Playing Notes:
Unus is a jock, plain and simple. While not exactly a bully, he's difficult to reason with and has to date coasted through life on his looks, athletic ability, and powers.

Old 06-27-2014, 02:38 PM   #716
Phantasm

VANISHER

Identity: Known to the authorities.
Legal Status: Citizen of the United States with a criminal record.
Place of Birth: Unrevealed.
Group Affiliation: None, though he has been known to hire henchmen for various jobs.
Base of Operations: Mobile.
History: Very little is known about the origins of the man calling himself the Vanisher. He first came into conflict with the mutant adventurers known as the X-Men after he teleported into an otherwise impregnable government vault and stole classified documents (see X-Men). The X-Men were approached by SHIELD agent Maria Hill, who asked them for their assistance in apprehending him (see SHIELD). They managed to do so before he could sell or otherwise distribute the documents, and the Vanisher was taken into custody in power-dampening shackles.

Some time later the Vanisher escaped from prison, and seeking to remain under the authorities' radar organized a gang of young street urchins to act as petty thieves under his direction. However, these thieves came to the X-Men's attention when one of them stole their friend Vera Cantor's purse (see Cantor, Vera). Although the Vanisher was defeated, he fled before he could be captured.

The Vanisher later came into conflict with the Fantastic Four, only to be defeated and imprisoned in the otherdimensional space he teleports though by Reed Richards (see Fantastic Four; Mister Fantastic). Reed commented that he suspects the Vanisher will return at some point.
Height: 5' 10".
Weight: 175 lbs.
Eyes: Brown.
Hair: Bald; no facial hair.
Uniform: Black bodysuit, black boots; occasionally supplemented with a Hawaiian shirt and sunglasses.
Strength Level: The Vanisher possesses the normal human strength of a man his age, height, and build who engages in little regular exercise.
Known Superhuman Powers: The Vanisher is a teleporter with the ability to transport himself and some additional mass instantly to any point on the planet.

The Vanisher is known to be able to teleport anywhere, even if he hasn't been there before or is unable to see where he's going. It is believed that he accesses an alternate sidereal dimension through which he can view the regular world, but the nature of the other dimension is unknown. There appears to be no effective limit to the distance he can teleport, although it is unlikely that he could travel to other planets or even the moon. The Vanisher is able to carry up to 60 pounds of equipment with him when he teleports.

The Vanisher has an instinctual sense which prevents him from materializing inside a solid object.

340 points
Attributes:
ST 10 [0]; DX 12 [40]; IQ 12 [40]; HT 10 [0].
Secondary Characteristics: Dmg 1d-2/1d; BL 20 lbs.; HP 11 [2]; Will 12 [0]; Per 12 [0]; FP 10 [0]; Basic Speed 5.50 [0]; Basic Move 5 [0]; Dodge 9.
Languages: English (Native) (Native Language) [0].
Cultural Familiarities: Western (Native) [0].
Advantages: Absolute Direction [5]; Combat Reflexes [15]; Warp (Blind, +50%; Can Carry Objects (Medium Encumbrance), +50%; Gyroscopic, +10%; No Strain, +25%; Range Limit: 10,000 miles, -10%; Reliable +10, +50%; Mutant, -10%) [265].
Perks: One-Task Wonder (Electronics Repair (Security), Disabling Only) [1]; Safe Teleport [1].
Disadvantages: Compulsive Gambling (12) [-5]; Cowardice (9) [-15]; Greed (9) [-22]; Pacifism (Cannot Kill) [-15]; Restricted Diet (Gluten Intolerance) [-10]; Social Stigma (Criminal Record) [-5]; Trademark (Calling Card) [-5].
Quirks: Allergies (Hay Fever) [-1]; Not Until My First Cup! [-1]; Show-Off [-1]; Talks to Himself [-1].
Skills: Autoteleport (H) IQ+4 [20] – 16; Current Affairs/TL8 (Headline News) (E) IQ+0 [1] – 12; Filch (A) DX+0 [2] – 12; Guns/TL8 (Pistol) (E) DX+0 [1] – 12; Lockpicking/TL8 (A) IQ+2 [8] – 14; Navigation/TL8 (Land) (A) IQ+2 [1] – 14*; Observation (A) Per+0 [2] – 12; Search (A) Per+0 [2] – 12; Sleight of Hand (H) DX+0 [4] – 12; Stealth (A) DX+0 [2] – 12; Streetwise (A) IQ+0 [2] – 12; Traps/TL8 (A) IQ+2 [7] – 14†.
Starting Spending Money: $4,000 (20% of Starting Wealth).

* Includes +3 from Absolute Direction.
† Defaulted from Lockpicking.

Role-Playing Notes:
A petty man who uses his abilities for his own gain, Vanisher is both a showman and a coward. He likes to let folks know that he's either stolen or going to steal from them, and will often leave a calling card. If things go rough, however, he will always attempt to teleport to safety, leaving any allies and henchmen behind to fend for themselves.

Old 06-27-2014, 04:37 PM   #717
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrock1031 View Post
I tend to avoid the X-Men Dork Age!Toad, written by aspiring Image artists before Image was a company and after Clairmont left the X-books after his unparalleled 15 year run.

As for the toxic secretion, that was introduced during the Dork Age, probably one reason I forgot he occasionally had it. Movie!Toad's fast-hardening mucus-resin was a bit too much of a gross-out for a neo-silver age write-up.
As you wish; if you're going for a Silver Age vibe, then Toads "improvements" from later times aren't as nice of a fit. As for me, I enjoyed him from this period. I haven't read X-Men since I gave them up around 2000 or 2001, and I haven't gone back to read most of the stuff from when I was active (early 90s to when I quit): it might all be bad, but I didn't get sick of it until around the time I quit.

Frankly I don't find the "X-Men" concept to hold up very well; Xavier's fall was only a bad thing because of how convoluted they made the project. Stopping and scrutinizing his actions after the fact, I think he may have caused more damage to relations with non-empowered humanity than Magneto. ;)

Oh and.. I was under the impression the major reason the artists that founded Image left was because they were not being given much or any writing duties (it varied from person to person). For example, Rob Liefeld was allowed to help "co-plot" New Mutants/X-Force, but the real writer was Fabian Nicieza (spelling?), and he is often credited for the Liefeldian successes. Deadpool would have been just another Marvel/DC Knock-Off without Fabian laying the groundwork that Joe Kelly built upon. At least assuming I didn't mix up anyone. XD
My GURPS Fourth Edition library consists of Basic Set: Characters, Basic Set: Campaigns, Martial Arts, Powers, Powers: Enhanced Senses, Power-Ups 1: Imbuements, Power-Ups 2: Perks, Power-Ups 3: Talents, Power-Ups 4: Enhancements, Power-Ups 6: Quirks, Power-Ups 8: Limitations, Powers, Social Engineering, Supers, Template Toolkit 1: Characters, Template Toolkit 2: Races, one issue of Pyramid (3/83) a.k.a. Alternate GURPS IV, GURPS Classic Rogues, and GURPS Classic Warriors. Most of which was provided through the generosity of others. Thanks! :)
Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 04:59 PM   #718
jeff_wilson
Computer Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrock1031 View Post
Yes, the original Toad just had the strong leaping legs.

re TOWER, Tower also has/had some shrinking ability, in his first appearance he was small enough to stand under or behind a couch, out of sight, before ambushing his victims.

The Campaigns of William Stoddard
jeff_wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 05:16 PM   #719
Refplace

Wow Unus is a whisper fromm the past.
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 01:03 PM   #720
Phantasm

VERTIGO

Identity: Vertigo's existence is unknown to the general public.
Legal Status: None.
Place of Birth: The Savage Land.
Group Affiliation: Savage Land Mutates.
Base of Operations: The Savage Land.
History: The origins of the woman known as Vertigo are currently a mystery. She was apparently born in the Savage Land, a hidden "lost world" in Antarctica, and was mutated to her current form in some as-yet unexplained manner (see Savage Land).

Vertigo first appeared alongside the other Savage Land Mutates in their clash with the Avengers (see Avengers; Savage Land Mutates). Through comments made, it is assumed that she was a "replacement" for the Mutate named Equilibrius, who was absent from the encounter and whose powers are similar to her own (see Equilibrius).

Vertigo has since been seen with the other Savage Land Mutates in their subsequent clash with the Brotherhood of Mutants (see Brotherhood of Mutants).
Height: 5' 6".
Weight: 115 lbs.
Eyes: Green.
Hair: Green.
Uniform: White one-shoulder one-sleeve bodysuit with a green swirl pattern on it
Strength Level: Vertigo possesses the normal human strength of a woman her age, height, and build who engages in regular exercise.
Known Superhuman Powers: Vertigo possesses the psionic ability to create a field that will disrupt the sense of balance of anyone in it. With practice, she has learned how to make it so that she can specify who in the field is affected and who is not. Under the effects of her field, her victims suffer from nausea, loss of balance, and klutziness; some have even retched.

640 points
Attributes:
ST 12 [20]; DX 12 [40]; IQ 11 [20]; HT 12 [20].
Secondary Characteristics: Dmg 1d-1/1d+2; BL 29 lbs.; HP 12 [0]; Will 11 [0]; Per 11 [0]; FP 12 [0]; Basic Speed 6.00 [0]; Basic Move 6 [0]; Dodge 10.
Languages: English (Accented Spoken/Illiterate) [2]; Savage Land Speech (Native Spoken/Illiterate) (Native Language) [-3].
Cultural Familiarities: Savage Land [0].
Advantages: Affliction (Vertigo Field) 8 (HT-7; Area Effect (32 yds), +250%; Cancellation, +10%; Incapacitation: Seizure, +100%; Alternate Enhancements (Disadvantage: Total Klutz, +15%; Incapacitation: Retching, +50%; Irritant: Nauseated, +30%), +19%; Malediction: Uses Speed/Range Table, +150%; Selective Area, +10%; Variable, +5%; Psionic, -10%) [516]; Appearance (Attractive) [4]; Combat Reflexes [15]; Fit [5]; Hard to Kill 3 [6]; Hard to Subdue 3 [6]; High Pain Threshold [10]; Patron ([FNORD]) (Equipment: More than Starting Wealth, +100%; Special Abilities: Possesses Equipment from a Higher TL, +100%) (9) [30]; Resistant to Disease (+8) [5]; Resistant to Poisons/Toxins (+3) [5]; Survivor 2 [10].
Perks: Dirty Fighting [1]; Skintight Uniform [1].
Disadvantages: Bloodlust (12) [-10]; Light Sleeper [-5]; Low TL -8 [-40]; Overconfidence (12) [-5]; Sadism (9) [-22]; Wealth (Poor) [-15].
Quirks: Distinctive Feature (Green Hair) [-1]; Immodest [-1]; Proud [-1]; Rapid Talker [-1]; Vanity [-1].
Skills: Brawling (E) DX+2 [4] – 14; First Aid/TL0 (Human) (E) IQ+2 [1] – 13*; Fishing (E) Per+1 [2] – 12; Hiking (A) HT+0 [2] – 12; Knife (E) DX+1 [2] – 13; Knot-Typing (E) DX+3 [2] – 15*; Naturalist (Savage Land) (H) IQ+1 [2] – 12*; Running (A) HT+0 [2] – 12; Spear (A) DX+2 [8] – 14; Survival (Jungle) (A) Per+1 [1] – 12*; Wrestling (A) DX+1 [4] – 13.
Starting Spending Money: $800 (20% of Starting Wealth).

* Includes +2 from Survivor.

Role-Playing Notes:
Unlike her predecessor, Vertigo is a cold-hearted killer who delights in torturing her victims with her powers before delivering the killing blow. She has no sense of kinship with the other Mutates, but is engaged in a torrid physical relationship with Barbarus, who she may or may not come to the defense of, depending on her whims.

Design Notes:
1. Vertigo, and all the Savage Land Mutates, have their social traits calculated for TL8 campaigns. In campaigns set entirely in the Savage Land, remove Low TL -8 and raise Wealth to Average, a net increase of 55 points, and permit them to take 100% of their Wealth as Starting Cash ($250).
2. In Year Two or Year Three, the Savage Land Mutates' Patron will be revealed as none other than Apocalypse. As I am only chronicling Year One at this time, however, GMs are free to make their mysterious Patron whoever they wish.

Tags
avengers, captain america, captain marvel, chandley, character creation, chargen, iron man, marvel, phantasm, supers, thor, x-men