Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2021, 01:16 PM   #351
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Telrith calls out "onward stonemaul! onward!"


He himself moves into the sloped hall at move three, shield presented in front of him. Mudman is right behind him.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 01:32 PM   #352
PumpkinLorica
 
PumpkinLorica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Gathika takes an all out defense for dodge
__________________
/ᐠ. 。.ᐟ\ᵐᵉᵒʷˎˊ˗
PumpkinLorica is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 02:54 PM   #353
ajardoor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

The elementals follow their orders.

TURN 6

The bandits who shot last second drop their pistol crossbows and draw small swords.
In the meantime, another flaming oil bottle is thrown towards Vic's position.
(Someone roll for me. Attack roll 14 -4 Range +4 targeting a hex. Malf 13. Damage 1d(5) burning.)

4 fire upon Vic, throwing caution to the wind.
(4 X Skill 13 -4 Range +4 Acc&Aim -2 cover +1 All-Out Attack. Damage 1d+0 imp.)

Another 4 fire at Telrith, they are also forgoing defense.
(4 X Skill 13 -4 Range +4 Acc&Aim +1 All-Out Attack. Damage 1d+0 imp.)
__________________
My blog: http://tabletoprpg333.home.blog
ajardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 09:23 AM   #354
PumpkinLorica
 
PumpkinLorica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Gathika notices the light of the Molotov, she takes step and staying behind the wall she makes a pop up attack, casting create water over the hex to extinguish the fire.

Create water (14), she makes it with an 8!

She had a -2 from pop up attack. Using her sword as magic wand cuts 1 yard and then the step cuts another yard. So she is casting a 2 yards away.

While casting she shouts:

ELDER MEOW-MEOW PAWAAAA! ( • ̀ω•́ )/彡☆
__________________
/ᐠ. 。.ᐟ\ᵐᵉᵒʷˎˊ˗
PumpkinLorica is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 12:51 PM   #355
vicious Violence
 
vicious Violence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Vic sees the molotov cocktail flying in the air and steps one yard away from it.

This is getting spicy hot! I could use help with this fire!

He waits for Gathika to put the fire out and continues with his defense.
vicious Violence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 05:06 PM   #356
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

The fire tries to build up as Bain judges the situation.

Gathika can deal with this, I will wait for her and then I will attack.

He listens to Vicious’ remarks about the fire; and then watches Gathika putting the fire out…

Bain takes a shot against a bandit, his attack connects, and then ends his turn with a fast-draw.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 05:34 PM   #357
ajardoor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PumpkinLorica View Post
Create water (14), she makes it with an 8!

She had a -2 from pop up attack. Using her sword as magic wand cuts 1 yard and then the step cuts another yard. So she is casting a 2 yards away.
(OOC: I don't think you can use a sword as a wand. Does it have the Staff enchantment on it, at least? Also, "pop-up attacks" are for ranged attacks only, you just Step once. Still, you make the casting roll, mark off the cost.)

The spell extinguishes the fire and leaves behind a somewhat diluted puddle of greasy oil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Bain takes a shot against a bandit, his attack connects, and then ends his turn with a fast-draw.
The tightly packed enemies suffer a double casualty from Bain's offensive, but he ruins his slick violence by dropping his stuff at his feet!
__________________
My blog: http://tabletoprpg333.home.blog
ajardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 05:42 PM   #358
ajardoor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

After the fire goes out, Vic and Telrith continue to stick close to their elemental buddies. They also keep their defenses up, a wise choice...

TURN 7

The cornered thieves collectively drop their ranged weapons and unsheathe light swords one and whole. They then take a step closer. There are now 8 left.

(OOC: Active Defenses: Parry 10F or Dodge 9. Did I get the count right? Probably still in the light.)
__________________
My blog: http://tabletoprpg333.home.blog
ajardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 07:53 PM   #359
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Bain crouches and draws an arrow; then, he whispers:

Be careful, if you see less enemies than expected, search among the dead and look into the shadows.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 08:00 PM   #360
PumpkinLorica
 
PumpkinLorica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Gathika will take a step behind Telrith, she will be watching from her new position. After listening to Bain and Vic she suspects there could be magic in the works, hiding the bandits.

She casts Dispel Magic (14) and succeeds!
Gathika: 3D6 → 10(6 +1 +3)
__________________
/ᐠ. 。.ᐟ\ᵐᵉᵒʷˎˊ˗

Last edited by PumpkinLorica; 06-17-2021 at 04:57 PM.
PumpkinLorica is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dfrpg, dungeon fantasy, magic, riddle of steel, sharpshooter, sierra hotel adventurers, swordlogic

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.