Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-23-2013, 02:40 AM   #31
Pomphis

Default Re: Regeneration (FP only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
You could potentially be negating a very expensive Advantage (up to 150 cp in Regen) with a very cheap Innate Attack (like Toxic ,1 pt of damage with Cyclic 1 day, Blood Agent for a base 0.7 cp ).
Not really, only the point lost to Cyclic wouldn´t be regenerated, others would.
Pomphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:08 AM   #32
Fred Brackin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomphis View Post
Not really, only the point lost to Cyclic wouldn´t be regenerated, others would.
If only 1 pt is lost it isn't Cyclic. Cyclic has to happen more than once.

<shrug> I just don't like it conceptually. In a thread where many people have been complaining that FP Regeneration shouldn't include Immunity to Sleep, Hunger and Thirst those people ought to be able to see a form of Neutralize has been thrown into Cyclic.

The fact that it is RAW doesn't disarm my dislike. I don't like Advantages with built-in Disads or vice-versa. They make for trouble/confusion in my experience.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:14 AM   #33
Nereidalbel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
If only 1 pt is lost it isn't Cyclic. Cyclic has to happen more than once.

<shrug> I just don't like it conceptually. In a thread where many people have been complaining that FP Regeneration shouldn't include Immunity to Sleep, Hunger and Thirst those people ought to be able to see a form of Neutralize has been thrown into Cyclic.

The fact that it is RAW doesn't disarm my dislike. I don't like Advantages with built-in Disads or vice-versa. They make for trouble/confusion in my experience.
He means the 1 point of injury per day from the cyclic attack, and cyclic attacks must have some way to be stopped.
Nereidalbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:22 AM   #34
Fred Brackin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nereidalbel View Post
He means the 1 point of injury per day from the cyclic attack, and cyclic attacks must have some way to be stopped.
I understand that and please trim the parts of my messages that you aren't expressing disagreement with

Tags
fatigue, fp only, regeneration