Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-27-2020, 02:01 PM   #31
thalcos

Default Re: Blog - One Shot Adventures - New Posts

This month on my adventures blog, there's a new GURPS Banestorm adventure set in one of my favorite fantasy cities of all time, Tredroy - The Moon of Thorns.

In The Moon of Thorns, the PCs are fresh to Tredroy and asked to track down a hoodlum who assaulted a baron and embarrassed his soon-to-be wife. As they traverse the landmarks of Tredroy looking for the scoundrel, they soon stumble into the path of a secretive death cult, who is finalizing a dark scheme that they started centuries ago - the revival of the crusader, Prince Ivor.

I've always loved how Tredroy smashes all the real-world cultures and religions aspect of Yrth with familiar fantasy tropes, all one Venice-sized city. While the adventure is designed as a one-shot, it also makes for a good kickoff for a new campaign, or a fun diversion in an ongoing game.

As always, the adventure includes pregenerated 150-point characters, cool handouts, and VTT tokens and assets to make it easy for GURPS GMs to grab their friends and explore Yrth. Enjoy!

Enjoy!

There are over a dozen other adventures on 1shotadventures, many of which cover some of GURPS' more unusual genres:

Enjoy!

-J.C.
thalcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 06:22 PM   #32
thalcos

This month on my one-shot GURPS adventures blog, the theme is medieval horror, inspired by one of my favorite old-school videogames, Darklands, which was a gritty RPG set in folklore-inspired 15th century Germany.

In Lands of the Dark Wicche the PCs discover that a vengeful witch has set her sights on the bishop of Wurzberg, along with his illegitimate son. Ordered to find the bishop before the witch can strike again, the PCs must survive a brutal journey across a land infested by outlaws, traitorous rebels, devil worshippers, and creatures ripped from authentic folklore.

The adventure includes pregenerated 100-point characters, cool handouts, and VTT tokens and assets to make it easy for GURPS GMs to grab their friends and play. Enjoy -- and please let me know if you have any feedback or requests for other genres!

There are over a dozen other adventures on 1shotadventures, many of which cover some of GURPS' more unusual genres:
Old 02-14-2021, 06:37 PM   #33
AOTA

Just want to say thank you for all the work you do for these adventures. Once conventions start up again I want to run some of these at them.
Mib#3477
Formally Bobzilla
GURPS Checker for Prime Directive
AOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 08:58 PM   #34
thalcos

Hey thanks! I also miss the convention scene and can’t wait to get these to a non-virtual table again soon.
Old 04-01-2021, 10:43 AM   #35
thalcos

This month on my one-shot GURPS adventures blog, I return to solo adventures. All in a Night's Work was one of my first experiences with GURPS, and I always found it an excellent introduction to the system.

In The Dragon's Demise, you discover that a treacherous swamp claimed the life of your grandfather. Your grandfather had dug up the fabled Celestial Emerald from a sunken temple, and then was unceremoniously eaten by a black serpent dragon. The dragon was slain days later… and the emerald still lies in its carcass…

The adventure includes two pregenerated 150-point characters to make it easy for new players to just get going and play. Enjoy and share! (And please let me know if you somehow break this - solo adventures are tough to wrangle!)

Also, this month you'll also find reviews of two third-party one-shot adventures - Macdeath! and the Alien RPG's Chariot of the Gods. Since I ran these both in GURPS, you'll find conversion notes and VTT assets for them as well.

Last edited by thalcos; 04-01-2021 at 10:46 AM.
Old 04-30-2021, 10:21 AM   #36
thalcos

This month on my one-shot GURPS adventures blog, the theme is 1960s espionage. If your players are looking for some classic James Bond-style adventure, you'll want to take a look at this month's free adventure.

In Never Forget to Die, the agents receive word that the Soviets have sourced a powerful amnesia drug... lethepoxide. Desperate to get their hands on a sample and discover the drug's inventor, MI:6 parachutes some of their most skilled agents on to a cruise ship heading for Ibiza. From there, the agents are embroiled in a global race with the KGB to find the scientist and stop him from selling the drug… or persuade him he’s selling to the wrong side!

The adventure includes pregenerated 200-point characters, cool handouts, and VTT tokens and assets to make it easy for GURPS GMs to grab their friends and play. Enjoy -- and please let me know if you have any feedback or requests for other genres!

There are tons of other adventures on 1shotadventures, many of which cover some of GURPS' more unusual genres:
Old 06-23-2021, 10:22 PM   #37
thalcos

This month on my one-shot GURPS adventures blog, the theme is 18th century horror. If you're looking to subject your players to Lovecraftian horror through the lens of The Last of the Mohicans, this adventure is for you!

In The Festering Locusts of Fenmore, the year is 1758 and war has scarred northern New York. Desperate to get his father and sister to move south to Saratogha, a colonial militiaman asks his closest friends to help. Soon, the PCs find themselves alone, surrounded by strange foes, and entangled in the man’s dark secrets.

The adventure includes pregenerated 100-point characters, cool handouts, and VTT tokens and assets to make it easy for GURPS GMs to grab their friends and play. Enjoy -- and please let me know if you have any feedback!

There are tons of other adventures on 1shotadventures, many of which cover some of GURPS' more unusual genres:
Old 06-23-2021, 11:01 PM   #38
Polydamas

Thanks for continuing this! I think its easily as useful a project as Gaming Ballistic or TBone's GURPS page.

This forum got less aggravating when I started using the ignore feature
Polydamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 11:22 AM   #39
thalcos

GURPS Atomic Horror was always a book I enjoyed reading, but never actually played. My horror adventures are usually set in the typical 1920s Lovecraftian era, or in the distant past with very little technology for PCs to rely on.

But this month, I found myself inspired by the tropes of 1950s schlock horror and crafted a scenario that fully embraces that genre -- Those the Comet Brings! The characters are teenagers heading to the Jersey Shore, when a meteor crashes in the woods and strands them. Soon, they're dodging strange, lizard-like creatures in the woods and trying to find a way to escape.

The free adventure includes pregenerated 100-point characters, cool handouts, and VTT tokens and assets to make it easy for GURPS GMs to grab their friends and play. Enjoy -- and please let me know if you have any feedback!

There are tons of other free GURPS adventures on 1shotadventures, many of which cover some of GURPS' more unusual genres:

Last edited by thalcos; 08-30-2021 at 03:25 PM.
Old 11-14-2021, 09:51 PM   #40
thalcos

This month on my free adventures blog, it's a return to the 17th century Caribbean, with an epic, swashbuckling pirate adventure - The Siren's Citadel!

Fresh off a disastrous privateering expedition, the heroes are stranded on the Caribbean island of Nevis and pressured to perform a dangerous hostage exchange for the desperate English governor. However, they soon end up in a race to discover the island’s mysterious Secret Citadel, where they are drawn into one of the world’s most scandalous events!

The free adventure includes pregenerated 150-point characters, cool handouts, and VTT tokens and assets to make it easy for GURPS GMs to grab their friends and play. Enjoy -- and please let me know if you have any feedback!

There are tons of other free GURPS adventures on 1shotadventures, many of which cover some of GURPS' more unusual genres:

Tags
adventures, blog, blogs