Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 02-01-2024, 03:16 PM   #1
Wil_Lee_Coyote

Default Designer Edition Ogre Storage HELP!!!!!!!

Hello,

Within the past six months a gaming friend of mine passed away. I have inherited his huge Designer version of Ogre. I did not back the Kickstarter. I have since bought the rest of the cardboard counters that were offered in the Kickstarter. I am having trouble trying too fit everything into the big box, or does all this gaming material fit? Has anyone put out a video how to pack all this crazy stuff?

Any information would be great.

Long time listener, first time caller.

Last edited by Wil_Lee_Coyote; 02-01-2024 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Used wrong terminology
Wil_Lee_Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 03:55 PM   #2
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Default Re: 6th DE Ogre Storage HELP!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil_Lee_Coyote View Post
Hello,

Within the past six months a gaming friend of mine passed away. I have inherited his 6th DE version of Ogre. I did not back the Kickstarter. I have since bought the rest of the cardboard counters that were offered in the Kickstarter. I am having trouble trying too fit everything into the big box, or does all this gaming material fit? Has anyone put out a video how to pack all this crazy stuff?

Any information would be great.

Long time listener, first time caller.
First, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you had an opportunity to play with them. :-(

If by "rest of the counters" you mean all the sponsor sheets (ie, the sets found under https://www.sjgames.com/ogre/sponsored-counters/ ), they don't all fit. The box was designed to hold everything that came with the box, not every counter sheet backed by individuals. There have been a lot of external options people have used over the years; many of them completely ditch the big box so they can have several more manageable smaller boxes to move around instead.
Old 02-01-2024, 04:40 PM   #3
Wil_Lee_Coyote

Granite Penguin,

Yes I did get to play with him before he died. He was an Ogre fan and got me into it when the miniatures were first being produced. Definitely will miss him.
Yes I am talking about all the other extra counters that were sponsored. Thanks for the quick reply. This will keep me from going crazy. I do already have a 6th Edition box too. I will keep everything in the two boxes then.
Wil_Lee_Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 09:49 PM   #4
selenite

I ziplock counters and put them in the big box. Assembled Ogres, CPs, etc. go in tupperware containers. For actually playing the game I have a tote bag which carries enough for nine players.
selenite is offline   Reply With Quote