Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2009, 04:49 PM   #18
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: GURPS Fantasy , shared world, recruiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatmedic View Post
My initial 'zone of development' will be a region of temperate uplands- green, rolling hills. The inhabitants are a TL2 nation of pastoralists [sheep and goats].

These folk worship a local pantheon of gods. These gods are depicted as human-like, although the male gods have horns like rams and the goddesses have long, curly hair like fine wool. The head of the little pantheon is a mother-figure, at once the young shepherdess and the older midwife.
Huh. That setup doesn't inspire me much. I guess I thought you'd be letting each person contribute their own "fire" to an entire world, which you would police for consistency with your assumptions and rules, as well as helping to steer interactions between "palettes."

So if I have my blasingdell area, with some TL3 kingdom (to be left unspecified, but if a suitable candidate came from another participant, so be it) to the northwest, then you could mix and match locales, so long as they are consistent with your rules.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy world, necromancy