Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 09-27-2011, 01:43 AM   #1
StormyWaters

Default Anyone willing to online-demo?

Hey guys!

I've been interested in this game for a while, and I'd kind of like to try it out. I found they have a free sample, so I downloaded it.

Anyone willing to run something to demonstrate the game, so I can decide if I want to buy it?

Cthulhu: 1, 2, 3.

Munchkin Homebrew!

Illuminati: Deluxe, BFD, Y2K, MAD, Brainwash
StormyWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:28 AM   #2
Omegonthesane

Default Re: Anyone willing to online-demo?

Willing to GM Sorcerer's Impediments for demonstration's sake using preference of Skype or MSN; forums or PMs will take too long.

Especially willing to GM it with a more than solo party, if anyone else wants demo.
Omegonthesane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:21 AM   #3
Phoenix42

Well, one could record a gaming session and put it on YouTube...
Phoenix42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:07 AM   #4
StormyWaters

I'd love to play! I don't have anyone else here that can msn/skype, so if you want to go that route it's just me for now.

Munchkin Homebrew!

Old 09-27-2011, 02:46 PM   #5
StormyWaters

Okay, I think the cursory rules lost me.

Computer Operation/1? Is that like... Intelligence + 1?

Corporeal Song of Healing/5? I think you take Corporeal Powers and add 5 to find the target number? Is that right?

Munchkin Homebrew!

Old 09-28-2011, 12:27 AM   #6
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyWaters View Post
Okay, I think the cursory rules lost me.

Computer Operation/1? Is that like... Intelligence + 1?

Corporeal Song of Healing/5? I think you take Corporeal Powers and add 5 to find the target number? Is that right?
Corporeal Forces, but yes, you've got the idea. So if you have 3 Corporeal Forces and the Corporeal Song of Healing/5, your target number is 8 or less. (5+3=8)

Computer Operation is based on Intelligence plus the skill level. So if you have Intelligence 6 and one level of skill, you have a TN of 7.

That's generally the rule of thumb for all the Songs/Skills/other cool stuff. The weird exception is Fighting skill, used for unarmed combat. Untrained, a barehanded fighter uses Strength + Corporeal Forces to get the target number. A trained fighter adds Strength + Fighting + Corporeal Forces.

Yes, that can frequently push the TN past 12. Any excess gets added to the check digit on a hit, so that it does extra damage. (Since punches and kicks normally take a penalty to damage, this can be a blessing!)

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:13 PM   #7
tHEhERETIC

I play a little loose with the rules, but I'll clarify one thing RocketMan said. Skills get added to stats, because they're essentially natural things. Songs get added to Forces because Songs are essentially supernatural things.

Keep the natural/supernatural dichotomy in mind whenever your character is acting, because supernatural things make Disturbance. The GM handles that primarily, but if your character is trying to be supernaturally quiet you'll want to know what does and doesn't. Since an angel/demon is a supernatural creature who doesn't belong on Earth, he/she also makes Disturbance when destroying anything that does belong on Earth.

Oops, you are the GM. Flying, leaping tall buildings, calling down thunder...clearly supernatural.

p.s. I'm interested in playing, but I'm in a wildly different time zone. Meaning it's possible depending on what day of the week we're talking about.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 09-28-2011 at 04:16 PM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
meta, net play