Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-02-2005, 05:52 PM   #11
Byteknight

Default Re: deckplans of a Infinity Conveyor anyone?

Thanks for the links and pics. The vehicle looks like it can be used as a conveyor!
Byteknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 06:02 PM   #12
Silverknife

In my GURPS Vehicles, a standard subquantum Parachronic Conveyor has negligible power costs, take up weight/50 cf of space and can carry 200 lbs per pound of conveyor. They can be installed in any sort of vehicle as long as that vehicle has a metal frame and they don't require a projector system.

Pick a 4-wheel drive vehicle, get the weight and cargo/passenger capacity of the vehicle and install an appropriate sized conveyor, plugged into the car's 12v system.

A 10 lb. conveyor rated for 2000 lbs takes up 0.2 cf and costs $40,000
A 15 lb. conveyor rated for 3000 lbs takes up 0.3 cf and costs $60,000
Old 06-02-2005, 06:27 PM   #13
seano1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverknife
In my GURPS Vehicles, a standard subquantum Parachronic Conveyor has negligible power costs, take up weight/50 cf of space and can carry 200 lbs per pound of conveyor. They can be installed in any sort of vehicle as long as that vehicle has a metal frame and they don't require a projector system.
That's what I remember, maybe it's been charged in 4e.
seano1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 08:09 PM   #14
Silverknife

A Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 Rocky Mountain Edition has a gross vehicle weight rating of 6100 lbs, of which maximum payload is 1502 lbs.

A parachronic unit rated for 6200 lbs would weigh 31 lbs., take up 0.62 cubic feet of space and cost $124,000. (Maximum payload now 1471 lbs)

Towing capacity of the Jeep is 3500 lbs. A parachronic slave unit built just for the trailer rated for 3600 lbs would weight 18 lbs, take up 0.36 cubic feet and cost $72,000. (Excluding weight of the trailer, payload now 3482 lbs)

Or we can add the towing capacity to the unit inside the Jeep. This gives us a parachronic unit rated at (6100+3500) 9600 lbs capacity, weighing in at 48 lbs and filling 0.96 cubic feet of space at a cost of $192,000. (Payload of jeep excluding trailer now 1454 lbs)

None of that includes the cost of the jeep or the trailer. But that does give you something with seats that they can immediately relate to. And if they still can't, go buy a Jeep Grand Cherokee plastic model and assemble it.

Or want to be moblie? Why not try a Harley Davison Ultra Classic Electra Glide Touring bike. Dry weight is 788 lbs, add the weight of the driver and passenger (180 lbs each), round up to 1200 lbs capacity. Conveyor is just 6 lbs., takes up 0.12 cubic feet and costs only $24,000 each. Add another $20,000 for the Harley and you've got yourself individual transport for one of your operatives.

Last edited by Silverknife; 06-02-2005 at 08:51 PM.
Silverknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 08:15 PM   #15
flyingwombat

In the game I just ran at Kublacon The PCs, I-Cops, had access to a Medicine show wagon with self-propelled capability. The horses could be stored inside for transposition if necessary or the outtimers could obtain native horses on site. In an emergency, the horses could be released and and the wagon would reconfigure to self-propelled mode.

The players immediately broke into laughter when I mistakenly used the word "jettison" instead of released. (images of horses being thrown Monty Python-style) from the wagon.

As for foorplans. No. But just take a 19th century wagon's dimensions and go from there.

I just did this on the fly. I didn't it was important to have detail concerning it.

Last edited by flyingwombat; 06-02-2005 at 10:20 PM.
flyingwombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 08:25 PM   #16
AOTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by WineShark
For scouting uninhabited worlds with no vehicle infrastructure, Infinity uses the Mobile All Terrain Conveyor. (Based on the Hagglund BV206 and BVS10 tracked vehicles ) This is the base exploration and armed/armored vehicle for ISWAT use. I’m working on an airborne self-powered conveyor for use in exploration, and maybe a survey airship or UAV-style vehicle. (Right now I need mass figures for such.) Marine conveyors are an attractive mobile option, especially if mobile marine projectors are used. (You float up to the modern day Italian coast, and jump a covert TL 2 conveyor ship back to the Roman empire.)
I want one of those. I wish it had some internal shots and I could use to make some deck plans. Anyway a neat idea for a exploring vehicle.
Mib#3477
Formally Bobzilla
GURPS Checker for Prime Directive
AOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 08:55 PM   #17
Silverknife

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingwombat
... In an emergency, the horses could be released and and the wagon would reconfigure to self-propelled mode.

The players immediately broke into laughter when I mistakenly used the word "jettison" instead of released. (images of horses being thrown Monty Python-style) from the wagon....
Hmmm! If the horses were "jettisoned" backwards, would be a great way to get rid of pursuit! You just might want to figure that one out for a fun game sometime!
Old 06-02-2005, 09:51 PM   #18
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

Writing from my PDA, if this shows up in the wrong forum, I'm sorry.
Quote:
Hmmm! If the horses were "jettisoned" backwards, would be a great way to get rid of pursuit! You just might want to figure that one out for a fun game sometime!
You people are sick puppies. Not as sick as Six Gun Sam, who brought up Sliders. He knows what it is . . . he's just evil!

I went to several RV sites to find floor plans for their RVs when I was working on the CMP Sick Puppy (for a different web forum), but I've used those plans as conveyors before.
One of my favorite games is when I zap party members from various worlds into one with a multi-dimensional RV.
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 10:20 PM   #19
flyingwombat

Quote:
I just wanted to assure everyone that no horses were harmed in my game. ;-)

But there was this annoying fly...
flyingwombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 10:40 PM   #20
Ed the Coastie

I think it would be neat to put a parachronic unit inside a Moller M400. I figure that if I can tweak the rules to put one in a (wooden) stagecoach, I can do so for a mostly fiberglass aircar.

Actually, I can see the Moller being a very useful scout vehicle for Infinity. Four man crew; decent range and speed; and an engine that uses unleaded gasoline but will burn moonshine in a pinch.

Hmmm...I will have to work up stats for that...

Tags
infinite worlds