Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-21-2007, 01:30 PM   #1
jindra34

Default ISWAT Help

i'm starting a 450 point relatively free-form ISWAT campaign talking place in Q3, Q4 worlds and am looking for ideas/weird mechanics to include in gameplay
Old 03-22-2007, 03:40 PM   #2
sgt.sargent

Default Re: ISWAT Help

What kind of ideas or types of weird?

Settings? Like a world based on MC Escher's work or The Maxx? Like a Discworld sort of setting? Like members of the IST coming out in to the multiverse and deciding they need to oppose "those world hopping meddlers", meaning both homeline and Centrum agents as due to their similarities the IST makes no distinction between the two?

Or strange mechanics, as in odd rulesets to use? Like using ritual magic or UMana? Like trying to build the gadgeteers vehicle using Vehicles for 3ed GURPS then converting the results? Like deciding what sort of worlds the characters can come from and then having them make characters based on one a few different, preset, rulesets?

Or ideas such as multiverse spanning plots by an Illuminati type group? Or Centrum working to indirectly help Nazi expansion to help get homeline focused away from Centrum's efforts?
Old 03-22-2007, 03:59 PM   #3
jindra34

One neither Centrum nor Riech-5 will be enemies
two wierd as in nearly getting eaten by (regular) bunnies, gravity working in reverse, or space time being twisted is outer edge
three anything else likely will go
Old 03-22-2007, 04:10 PM   #4
jindra34

oh yeah i just remebered there are 9 types of magery... standard, ritual, synatic, runic, a Umana for al those and a non-confined "ninja" type
Old 03-22-2007, 05:47 PM   #5
quarkstomper

This is a world I used in the Infinity game I ran a while back. I always meant to return to it, but the plot of the campaign went in other directions.

The timeline was uninhabited and undergoing the tail end of an ice age. A day or two after their arrival, the strange things started appearing; creatures that the previous survey teams hadn't reported. First came the faeries. Then someone saw a unicorn. By the time the dragon appeared, the team had already lost contact with homeline.

The timeline used to be a high-mana one, but for some reason (which we never did determine, but which might have been connected to the ice age) the magic went away and the magical creatures disappeared. But it so happened that one of the members of my group had the Mana Enhancer advantage and she inadvertantly "jump-started" the world's magic. Unfortunately, this also effectively shifted the timelines position in its quantum, cutting the team off from home.

Of course, there was also a magical city, trapped in the ice, where the powerful sorceress who once ruled the land lay in a dreamless slumber, waiting for the day the magic would return...
quarkstomper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
infinite worlds