Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-06-2007, 03:17 PM   #11
elShoggotho

Default Re: Space Infinite Worlds?

Canon homeline technology may work only to and from Homeline (like quantum conveyors). Thus, the quantum theory doesn't have the ring of universal truth.
There are several other technology models allowing world-jumping which are not bound to the quantum theory. The Probability Broach only needs the exact time coordinates of a given timeline, as does Heinlein's flying car or the Sliders portal. Plus, the Heinlein drive doubles as a stardrive, instantly moving the car along the dimensions of space.
There could be stardrive variants which work in more than one timeline, but they should be rare to come about. A Space 1880 starship certainly wouldn't work anywhere else, for example, because its ether propellers simply don't work in voidspace. On the other hand, warp technology could work in several continua with a few adjustments. There are similar enough stardrives nearly anywhere else.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:44 PM   #12
quarkstomper

In the Infinite Worlds campaign I ran with my group last year, I let them install their parachronic conveyer into a Veritech fighter in the Robotech universe. Sadly, though, we never did get around to using it again as the next mission the group went on was a purely terrestrial one and I forgot they had it.
quarkstomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:34 PM   #13
LoneWolf23k

One important detail I think would be important for a Space Infinite Worlds campaign would be advancing Homeline (and Centrum) a bit more in the timeline, as mentionned in the Parachronics Plus idea in the Adding Worlds sidebox in Infinite Worlds p 203.

I don't think advancing Reich 5's timeline would really be needed, however; I'd just give them UFOs and advanced Nazi Super-Science (the kind that sneers at lots of stuff) and hope for the best.
LoneWolf23k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 10:18 PM   #14
elShoggotho

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf23k
[...]
I don't think advancing Reich 5's timeline would really be needed, however; I'd just give them UFOs and advanced Nazi Super-Science (the kind that sneers at lots of stuff) and hope for the best.
Reichsflugscheiben, dear. Not UFOs, Reichsflugscheiben. Just give them anything that was planned or crazy theorists ever appointed to the Nazis, and you're just about right for some over-the-top campaign world.

Tags
infinite worlds