Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-31-2006, 11:42 AM   #1
LoneWolf23k

Default Fantasy Infinite Worlds

In Pyramid Magazine last week, they had a great article called Tomos: The Divided Land, Fantasy Planehopping for GURPS, where they introduced a fantasy plane-walking civilisation using a "crossroads" type magical dimension connected to numerous other worlds.

And just today, It hit me.. This concept is perfect for crossovers between different fantasy settings, like Banestorm, Eberron and Uresia (amongst others). You could use Cabal as a way of connecting various cosmologies as "perceptions of the Four Realms" through varying connections, although the true nature of the Planes could remain a mystery.

An early idea for a campaign premise could involve heroes of different worlds having to band together to battle a Transplanar Empire threatening all their worlds...
LoneWolf23k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 06:13 PM   #2
Huyderman
MIB

Default Re: Fantasy Infinite Worlds

Personally I like the classic Planescape setting for planehopping fantasy. It was a great setting, with a distinct punkish gritty feel. But alas it was discontinued. :(
MiB#0505
http://www.huyderman.com/
Huyderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 09:25 AM   #3
tratclif

I'm still waiting to see the "Collegio Januarii" setting that was cut from the manuscript of Infinite Worlds. (It's been long enough since I last whined to Thomas about getting that out on e23 that I might ought to go whine again). But the Divided Land setting is very good, and the author has said that he has enough material for more articles on it.
tratclif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 04:30 PM   #4
LoneWolf23k

Another idea I just had was for an Infinity Special Operations or ISWAT division called "Aragorn Division", agents trained in how to fight in low-tech environments, skilled in the art of slaying monsters, and with a rare few magic-trained agents, all of which are sent into mana-positive low-tech worlds for various missions, often battling potential world-conquering magical or transplanar for the purpose of securing those worlds. These agents would be equipped with mostly low-tech weapons to avoid potential security risks..
Old 01-02-2007, 08:27 PM   #5
AOTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf23k
Another idea I just had was for an Infinity Special Operations or ISWAT division called "Aragorn Division", agents trained in how to fight in low-tech environments, skilled in the art of slaying monsters, and with a rare few magic-trained agents, all of which are sent into mana-positive low-tech worlds for various missions, often battling potential world-conquering magical or transplanar for the purpose of securing those worlds. These agents would be equipped with mostly low-tech weapons to avoid potential security risks..
This would, expanded out, make a very cool Pyramid article or an e23 supplement to Infinite Worlds.
Mib#3477
Formally Bobzilla
GURPS Checker for Prime Directive
AOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 09:12 PM   #6
LoneWolf23k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobzilla
This would, expanded out, make a very cool Pyramid article or an e23 supplement to Infinite Worlds.
Egads, I need to work on this!

Tags
infinite worlds