Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip > The Fantasy Trip: House Rules

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-21-2019, 02:19 AM   #19
Shoug

Default Re: IQ to power spells

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLV View Post
I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about here. When did I say they didn't recharge their staffs? Where did you get the sarcastic dismissal that followed?

Seems like something you could either a) explain better and with a less hostile delivery, or b) delete.
Earlier in the thread you talked about how you used to use Mana based entirely on your IQ to cast spells. All I did was point out that, by current ITL RAW, that's the equivalent of having a fully charged level 2 manastaff. Which is probably why you "...had staffs that could store mana too, and never found it necessary." It's been my confusion this whole thread, that nobody who's tried it seems to think that completely replacing ST with IQ as the casting resource is an unbalancing idea. I didn't mean for there to be any hostility at all, and I don't feel like deleting it because it might get people to discuss the whole "free mana" thing that apparently everybody did back in the day.
Shoug is offline   Reply With Quote