Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2017, 09:52 AM   #17
Kelly Pedersen

Default Re: Naruto like campaign, beginner needs help

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLaNoche View Post
One thing I am struggling with is CHI vs. FP. I would prefer them to be separate. FP for effort human-like, CHI for powers outside of the human norm (to control the elements). The question is, can I just make CHI = FP? Should I have it as a separate stat that has to be bought up form 0 points?
I'd go with the latter. Powers presents a new advantage, Energy Reserve (Powers p. 119). It's basically "FP, but for supernatural powers only". By default, powers that cost FP can draw from either regular FP or an appropriate Energy Reserve, but "can draw from Energy Reserve only" is a canonical -5% limitation, so you'd give them all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLaNoche View Post
First off the point cost per level of this skill. From what I can get, little as it is at this point :( , is that every 5th level adds a level of E.Block at 5 points. Is the X for the DR the base, with a multiple of 2 per level?
Sorry, I probably got too complex there, while trying to be helpful. :-/
The idea behind the {X} was that you'd choose the amount of DR per level of Stone Arms that you'd want for your campaign, and multiply that by the number to get the point value. So if you decide that one level of Stone Arms only provides 1 DR, the point cost for level 1-4 would just be 2 points per level (with the 5th level costing 7 points, because it adds Enhanced Block). If you wanted each level of Stone Arms to give DR 2, meanwhile, the cost per level would go up to 4 points (9 at level 5).

Does that make it clearer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLaNoche
I see how you get the -10% for the Earth Chi power modifier.
-15%, actually.

But the breakdown of the above. I am kind of at a loss of the DR*2/level. Is that based on the base DR advantage with the -60% (5-3)? If so, then I think I am golden, or at least nicely bronzed to move forward. My head is spinning a bit...[/QUOTE]
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ghostly movement