Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 11-06-2011, 02:22 PM   #151
Ulthar88

Default Re: [OOC] A Stranger Land

Interesting, Stix...

I believe fletching is an Armoury skill (unless someone can point me to a differing precedent). That would reduce your starting skill, but on the plus side, you could just take Armoury: Missile Weapons and be a bowyer as well.
Also, LowTech p. 30 gives details on a fletcher's kit. My own house rules include a Bowyer's kit, which includes the carpentry tools that a fletcher needs to make arrow shafts (12 lbs, 250$)

For a wilderness-guy, I heartily recommend the Swimming skill; and for such a concentration on the bow, I recommend the Strongbow perk.
Ulthar88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 02:58 PM   #152
zoncxs

Might I add dropping the survival skills and using those points to raise Naturalist. after all, Survival rolls can default to Naturalist at -3 (or -2?) and it provides even more benefits.
zoncxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:13 PM   #153
Stix4armz

I will think about the naturalist v. survival thing, and I will probably add swimming (I had it then I took it off). My question is if I can use Armoury: Missile Weapons to make arrows? Basic set seems to indicate that skill works making and repairing bows, crossbows, slings, etc; so I was wondering if that included the ability to make the ammunition for the weapons as well.
Stix4armz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:56 PM   #154
Ulthar88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stix4armz View Post
My question is if I can use Armoury: Missile Weapons to make arrows? Basic set seems to indicate that skill works making and repairing bows, crossbows, slings, etc; so I was wondering if that included the ability to make the ammunition for the weapons as well.
The description of the specialization suggests arrow-making as well, so I think yes, it encompasses both bowyer and fletcher.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:37 AM   #155
Ulthar88

It's getting on a week since my last IC post, with only Lamech offering a response. So I have to ask, is this thing still alive? ...feedback is good :)
Old 11-09-2011, 10:55 AM   #156
Lamech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulthar88 View Post
It's getting on a week since my last IC post, with only Lamech offering a response. So I have to ask, is this thing still alive? ...feedback is good :)
In all honesty unless were liable to suffer some serious problem with travelling before we get to town it will be best just to fast forward too it. Are we really going to have difficulty with travelling at night, setting up shade during the the day and travelling to town? Just assign say... half FP if we end up in combat, and maybe require a couple survival rolls.
Hiriko
Andrew
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:04 AM   #157
Ulthar88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
In all honesty unless were liable to suffer some serious problem with travelling before we get to town it will be best just to fast forward too it.
I made such an offer last week, but no one jumped on it. Perhaps I just didn't make it clear enough -- I shall try to be more explicit :P
Old 11-09-2011, 03:42 PM   #158
zoncxs

Yeah, I was waiting for us to get to town since I last posted about saying which way was the town so we can get moving.
zoncxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:28 PM   #159
Stix4armz

I will try to finish up stating my gear and editing my character sheet by tomorrow so that Ulthar can enter me in.
Stix4armz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 05:29 PM   #160
Ulthar88

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoncxs View Post
Yeah, I was waiting for us to get to town since I last posted
Sorry, I was unclear on that. I was still waiting for a reply on the last post at sundown.

(As an aside -- I consider the pace of strategic travel to be a "player choice" thing. So if at any time you want it handled differently, just let me know.)

So, assuming Skullcrusher agrees, we can proceed to town (or next encounter). Along the way, we could pick up a new character.
Alas, jmurrell has backed out citing RL interference; and Hemlock has been MIA for a while, possibly more technical difficulties. But if Stix can get his character polished up soon, I can drop him in almost immediately.

Tags
a stranger land