Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2011, 02:30 PM   #811
Gold & Appel Inc
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: One Mile Up
Default Re: Art for games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Skarr View Post
High-Heeled Heroine. It's a game. And, a girl once told me that it was easier to "grind" down a railing with heels since you could latch htem over one edge and have a better center of balance. Don't know about that, but hey, it works for game logic.
Yeah, I'd buy this in any campaign cinematic enough for HHH in the first place (at a minimum - might demand a playtest if faced with a specific claim such as the one above regarding a realistic campaign, but it wouldn't be off the table outright).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Skarr View Post
Yeah, well, most guys, when they see a muscled woman suddenly get scared. It's like ballet-dancer feet: there's a fetish for it, but it's not mainstream. I had a number of guys think that Pink's abdomen, in this picture, was too muscular to be attractive.
A fetish refers to a compelling attraction to something that is normally considered non-sexual (eg: feet), which isn't the category that I'd personally place, "possessing a healthy, active body," in. How confident in their masculinity are these guys you showed it to?
Gold & Appel Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:39 PM   #812
Gorkamorka
Ceci n'est pas un hyperlien
 
Gorkamorka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Iceland
Default Re: Art for games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Skarr View Post
(Oh, and yes, that is a "Me thinks thou dost protest too much," bit, if anyone's wondering . . ..)
So Mark...I have a challenge. There is no question that you have skill. One can see that by looking at how much you have improved since you started to post your images. But I think you could try to break your mold a bit and try something slightly different then you have been doing. Re-do Jessi with a body like This and if you want the high heels at least use shoes like These. Of course she would still have to wear just the bear minimum of clothing (Goes without saying)

What do you think?
Gorkamorka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:46 PM   #813
Anthony
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Berkeley, CA
Default Re: Art for games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Skarr View Post
Okay, Pink's skinny, but I wouldn't say she's anorexic.
To be fair, modern comic book versions of Supergirl are also anorexic twigs. Sailor What's Her Name is also really skinny (and has no muscles despite toting around swords). The other two are merely thin with no muscle definition.

Last edited by Anthony; 07-29-2011 at 02:59 PM.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:09 PM   #814
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)
 
Mark Skarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Somewhere high up.
Default Re: Art for games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
Sure, sure. ;) Gotta wonder why what "most guys" think matters to a thief who exploits Parkour. If she's doing her thief job right, "most guys" won't ever see her, and maybe she should try to scare off the ones who do.
That's what the gun is for. And the magician's handcuffs. And the guy with the M-14 who's watching her butt. She's part of a party, so she relies on the other team members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
And Parkour comes with a philosophical mindset that puts a healthy self-image (like fit, with good muscle tone) before what others (like "most guys") think. But that's just me . . . given the choice between "skinny," "average," "athletic," and "heavy," I'll pick "athletic" every time both in others and as a (probably unattainable) goal for myself.
I'm in shape. "Round" is a shape. Hence, I'm in shape. ;-)

Well, at the beginning point of the game, Jessi is in a highly self-destructive phase as her emotional anchor, Jasmine, has vanished (literally, right before her eyes), her father has fallen into a coma and her mother has had a nervous breakdown. She's going to the group therapy session, with the rest of the party as a condition of her parole.

And I go with "Hollywood Casting:" Mutant Porn Star over Actual Athlete.

And I give you a very, very rough version of Sturdy Woman!
(And she's not turned up to maximum.)
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:11 PM   #815
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)
 
Mark Skarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Somewhere high up.
Default Re: Art for games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorkamorka View Post
What do you think?
I didn't see this before my last response. I had actually loaded Jessi back in the engine (after taking the shot of Sturdy Woman), to give her more definition.

I had never seen those shoes before, but they are awesome. I don't have anything close to them, but I'll see what I can do.
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:36 PM   #816
nightwind1
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Default Re: Art for games

You do excellent work, man, but I'd love to see more characters that don't look like Lesbian Stripper Ninjas.
nightwind1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:02 PM   #817
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)
 
Mark Skarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Somewhere high up.
Default Re: Art for games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold & Appel Inc View Post
Yeah, I'd buy this in any campaign cinematic enough for HHH in the first place (at a minimum - might demand a playtest if faced with a specific claim such as the one above regarding a realistic campaign, but it wouldn't be off the table outright).
Yeah, I believe it as far as I can throw it. But, with HHH, I don't see it as being relevant. And, it makes for a good story. ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold & Appel Inc View Post
A fetish refers to a compelling attraction to something that is normally considered non-sexual (eg: feet), which isn't the category that I'd personally place, "possessing a healthy, active body," in. How confident in their masculinity are these guys you showed it to?
A couple of them were very confident. The rest, yeah, not so much. A couple of them were my lesbian friends, and they're split on the issue. Some of them like a voluptous, muscular woman (which I really find as an oxy-moron), and others like very slender, petite women (like me--er, like I like, not like I'm a petite woman . . . nevermind).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightwind1 View Post
You do excellent work, man, but I'd love to see more characters that don't look like Lesbian Stripper Ninjas.
I don't think I have any lesbian characters . . . nope. I know a number, but no. And very few of my characters are ninjas. But, several of my characters have been strippers. ;-) I mean, I wouldn't be much of a pervert if they weren't, right?

Here's a rough, updated version of Jessi. The stockings did not like her new legs, so they had to get lost, which is too bad as the character usually wears them. So, different shoes and much more defined muscles (also, the legs did get bulked up a bit).

I've just grabbed 8 more cores for rendering from MonkeyFist as I'm about to be out for the rest of the day. It'll be early tomorrow before I post a "final" version of Jessi.
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:00 PM   #818
Anthony
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Berkeley, CA
Default Re: Art for games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Skarr View Post
Here's a rough, updated version of Jessi. The stockings did not like her new legs, so they had to get lost, which is too bad as the character usually wears them. So, different shoes and much more defined muscles (also, the legs did get bulked up a bit).
She's still skinny, but strong/underfed is a different look that fits the concept. However, I'd be tempted to make the face skinnier and bonier, and also make the hair shorter and less lustrous (long loose hair isn't a great plan for anything athletic, and it generally makes 'underfed' look more like a deliberate theme).
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:34 PM   #819
robkelk
Untitled
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: between keyboard and chair
Default Re: Art for games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Skarr View Post
Yeah, well, most guys, when they see a muscled woman suddenly get scared. It's like ballet-dancer feet: there's a fetish for it, but it's not mainstream. I had a number of guys think that Pink's abdomen, in this picture, was too muscular to be attractive. So, it got toned down, and the pants (which I really liked), got changed to a miniskirt.
Which is a shame, because I think the earlier version is the best image of Pink I've seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Skarr View Post
Sailor, uh, what's-her-name (I'll have to check with Rob, I forget), isn't anorexic!
Sailor Pisces, bodyguard to Queen Serenity in Gernsback-2.

(Yes, the anime fans made it into the solar system in Gernsback-2...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightwind1 View Post
You do excellent work, man, but I'd love to see more characters that don't look like Lesbian Stripper Ninjas.
Which is one big reason why we've borrowed some of it (with permission!) for Gernsback-2.
__________________
Rob Kelk
“Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts.”
– Bernard Baruch,
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 03:00 AM   #820
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)
 
Mark Skarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Somewhere high up.
Default Re: Art for games

Final render of Jessi. That is to say that the render is complete, but other changes can still be made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
She's still skinny, but strong/underfed is a different look that fits the concept. However, I'd be tempted to make the face skinnier and bonier, and also make the hair shorter and less lustrous (long loose hair isn't a great plan for anything athletic, and it generally makes 'underfed' look more like a deliberate theme).
I liked her face being more round. I thought her larger eyes emphasized her slenderness.

I like long hair, so, she's going to keep it. Normally, she just ties it back behind her head.

The character isn't being deliberate, she's just being self-destructive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelk View Post
Which is a shame, because I think the earlier version is the best image of Pink I've seen.
I have this verson of Pink because I liked the pants, but then I was out-voted on the pants/skirt issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelk View Post
Sailor Pisces, bodyguard to Queen Serenity in Gernsback-2.
Ah, yes. I'm horrible with names.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelk View Post
Which is one big reason why we've borrowed some of it (with permission!) for Gernsback-2.
I have a section in Gernsback-2? Wow. Goes to show how much I look around the wiki. But, then again, it is a bit overwhelming for someone who's just there to throw pictures at you.
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
art

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.