Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2021, 09:27 PM   #341
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Alright then, sounds good.

Let's see what Ajardoor has to say.

And hopefully Gathika and Erick will be here soon as well.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 09:48 PM   #342
PumpkinLorica
 
PumpkinLorica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

I like the plan.
PumpkinLorica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 08:00 AM   #343
ajardoor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Alright, so what insight do I get from Soldier?
None so far.
__________________
My blog: http://tabletoprpg333.home.blog
ajardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 03:28 PM   #344
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajardoor View Post
None so far.
And what about the team's line-up? What is the flow of the air inside the cave?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajardoor View Post
Opening the door to the cave, the party sees inside a straight corridor (...)
So the insides air lit, does this mean light is good?
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 10:26 PM   #345
ajardoor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
And what about the team's line-up? What is the flow of the air inside the cave?

So the insides air lit, does this mean light is good?
The team's line-up fits in the corridor, and looks tactically fine.
Air flow's fine. Quite breathable.
The light's a little far from you - the corridor outside the room is about -2 or -3 in Darkness penalties. You have the door open behind you?
__________________
My blog: http://tabletoprpg333.home.blog
ajardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 01:57 AM   #346
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajardoor View Post
The team's line-up fits in the corridor, and looks tactically fine.
Air flow's fine. Quite breathable.
The light's a little far from you - the corridor outside the room is about -2 or -3 in Darkness penalties. You have the door open behind you?
Great, thanks man.

The door should be closed, Vicious forced it, so it (probably) can’t be locked. Bain will place a boulder at the top of the door to have it “rigged”. Additionally, this will let us know if the cave had other visitors after we got in or if somebody messed with the door.

I am rolling traps for this matter; If someone tries to get in, rock falls they die. Bain succeeds on his second try:
Hide: 3D6 → 8(4 +2 +2)

When the situation demands it (and if it's safe), Bain will use his powers light the place. He can control the light to illuminate as much as a torch (disperse light) or as a flashlight (focused light); Bain would use the "torch light" for now.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 09:45 AM   #347
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Hey, I'm finally back from that trip... I'm a little disapointed I wasn't able to interact with the actual smoking out of the tunnel



The order looks good to me, though I don't have Gatica's weight, which will be important. I assume we want Stonemaul (lower lifting ST, higher DR) in the front and Mudman in the back.



Can telrith roll expert skill (natural philosophy) to analyze how "smoked out" the cave is/was? Questions:
Did we get a lot of smoke through here?
Is it clear now because of
  • Ventilation Holes?
  • The cave is bigger than estimated?
  • The smoke never went in?
  • Magic?
rolled a 12 -- failed by 1.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 12:35 PM   #348
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Hey, I'm finally back from that trip... I'm a little disapointed I wasn't able to interact with the actual smoking out of the tunnel (...)
You did not miss much; the furnace was finished and then we waited for the smoke to fill the chambers and clear.

Gathika's weight is 159 lbs. (including her equipment) she is planning to ride the cart (which divides her weight by 5).
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 10:24 PM   #349
vicious Violence
 
vicious Violence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: in your heart
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

I think the best plan is to talk to them. Weapons ready of course. Bain can shoot them, Vic can charge them with heroic charge if they do anything strange. And the Earth Elementals can block the entry and protect Telrith and Gathika behind them. Also Telrith, could you make the earth above them mud or spikes? In case they are not friendly.
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 02:29 AM   #350
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

I agree with the plan.

Bain will enter the room after Vicious, bow and arrow ready, and tell the guys: "We come in peace, keep your weapons down".

I just rolled an 11 for Fast-Talk at default level (SL5):
Hide: 3D6 → 11(5 +5 +1)

So, Bain will shoot at the first two guys that try calling for help.
Just to make sure the other falls in line.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dfrpg, dungeon fantasy, fantasy, magic, martial arts

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.