Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-28-2013, 01:41 AM   #11
Z09SS

Default Re: GURPS Old West

Because the formula that worked for 3e doesn't give results that match 4e.

The weights and prices are good from a whole two sources though.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:21 PM   #12
cybermancer2k1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbertocarlos View Post
High tech has most of Old West weapons converted into 4Ed. Beyond that, you should use the equipment tables from the Old west book, but with a multiplication factor, If I'm not mistaken, the starting wealth is US$200, while in 4Ed it is $5000, so, multiply all prices by 25, or, if you want to use dollars, divide 4Ed prices by 25.
QFT. You'll also find the Historical Currency Converter very useful in converting dollar amounts between today and the late 19th Century.

And if you can get your hands on one, you'll also find Rolemaster's ...And a 10-ft. Pole (I.C.E., 1999) very useful. It breaks up a lot of goods and services into their historical timeframes with monetary equivalents. I haven't seen many places to buy one online; you might find one in your FLGS or local used bookshops.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:29 PM   #13
ULFGARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayDowling View Post
Every time I look at Old West I feel the need to come up with a good western campaign.
I'd play in an Old West game. Or run one, if I had the time and inclination to do so online... As far as I'm concerned, they can be played "straight" (as in, historical or at least genre compliant) or "mixed" (as in, with at least the potential for supernatural powers, etc.). I just like to know up front. I've done a straight game and started a mixed one just before I had to bow out for a time to take care of my wife and new baby.

Tags
old west