Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-17-2019, 12:55 PM   #1
Plane

Default would a Weapon Mount (hardpoint) be targetable like other Extra Arms?

My assumption is that any additional limbs (via Extra Arms or Extra Legs) would normally be targetable (at the usual -2 to hit, -1 to grapple) and follow standard crippling rules (surpass 1/2 HP) but I'm wondering if that would apply normally to the "Weapon Mount" version.

IE do you basically have a mobile stick attached to you which can grab a sword or a gun but do nothing else (no signing cheques or giving massages), and people can destroy that stick?

I had not really thought about this but based on http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread...199#post563199 taking "Force Extension" to make it an un-injurable limb, is that how it should work?

Should standard penalties to hit limbs be altered based on Extra Arm modifiers? Like a +1 to hit a "Long" limb or a -1 to hit a "Short" limb? I don't know if that would be right since it would be adding a drawback to an enhancement and a benefit to a limitation.

Maybe "easy to hit" limitation and "hard to hit" enhancement for Extra Arm should be applied separately?

In the 2nd case maybe "low signature" levels are a place to look for pricing (the same penalty to detect a thin subtle arm in use with perception rolls being used to actually shoot the arm, +5% per -2) but I don't know if you would just invert that enhancement (-5% per +2) to design a "super easy to detect" gigantic limb that's easy to see and easy to hit.

This could still be useful to combine with Force Extension because even if you can't injure that, you could still presumably do other things with attacks like grapple it, beat it, disarm it, unready it, etc. Being untargetable (insubtantial) in addition to being uninjurable might be something else?
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote