Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2011, 12:57 PM   #1
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Default Anthro-Penguins

I'm rebuilding an old DnD Homebrew setting of mine into GURPS. Rebuild, not a conversion. throwing out the numbers and keeping they concepts. I though one place I would start is a Race of Antro-Penguins.

First they are not cold water race, they actully live int the SubTropical/Tropical Island Chain. The Actully count the great bay you makes up my southern board of the 'known world'.

They also fill the Roll of Pirates. inspired by how penguins will 'leap' out of the water on to land, I want them to basically be able keep their own ships a safe distant dive not the water, swim to the target vest then 'leap' on to the deck. The only armor I see them using is 'gold-plated (or equivlent for rust protetion) manica, possible a type of mail of scales. They would use a style the will combine a good ship born weapon desn for light to unarmed foes with Judo, especial a Judo throw (to pitch and heavely armored foes over the rails)

Due to the control of the bay I don't see much merchant shipping from the main civilized lands of my setting, so they mostly fishing vessel to 'tax' them most of their catch (leaving behind just enough not to shut down fishing activity)

So I would like to brain storm with people a Racial Template and Martial Style or them (This will be my first major foray into using GURPS Martial Arts)

Last edited by roguebfl; 11-08-2011 at 01:01 PM.
roguebfl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
races, racial templates, shielded-lands, styles