Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2022, 10:35 AM   #1631
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
OOC: I missed this.

OOC: Is it too late to use Luck rerolls?
I'm going to say yes, its too late. sorry.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 12:28 AM   #1632
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
There are three people hiding in the room, all with heavy tools that look good for swinging. The door across the way also has three potential attackers behind it.
OOC: Is it possible to lock them there and get the air out?
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 03:35 AM   #1633
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I'm going to say yes, its too late. sorry.
OOC: Fair enough.

Daymar asks the Sargent, "Are there any of your men we should be concerned about? I know it's a very stressful situation."
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 07:56 AM   #1634
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
OOC: Is it possible to lock them there and get the air out?
If you can push the door shut, yes.



Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar asks the Sargent, "Are there any of your men we should be concerned about? I know it's a very stressful situation."
Sergant: "About their loyalty, or about their performance? I can handle the performance, but I can't make any promises about anybody's loyalty"
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 02:38 PM   #1635
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post

Sergant: "About their loyalty, or about their performance? I can handle the performance, but I can't make any promises about anybody's loyalty"
Daymar responds, "Both, I guess, although I was thinking about how they're handling the pressure of the situation."

While conversing with Sargent Daymar is trying to assess whether the Mental Surgery took or not.

[1168] 22-10-24 22:38:19 CEST

Perception

3d6 <= 14
3 + 6 + 5 = 14 ... success
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 02:54 PM   #1636
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
If you can push the door shut, yes.
OOC: Is this a simple task? I'm wondering whether the door could be quickly pushed and locked. And could the door be easily pulled open from the other side?

Does it matter if 3 people pull the door after I close it? How much time would it take to lock it?

Quote:
The door across the way also has three potential attackers behind it.
I'm trying to picture the place, how far is it from the other door? Are they separate rooms? Do both doors lead to a place like the rendezvous room (no other entrances/exits)?
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 07:47 AM   #1637
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Zip tie them to bunks, canteen tables, other furniture in their living space. Leave one guard behind in case one of them gets any ideas.
Just one?


There is a lot of zip-tying.


Quote:
Next I'll case the other mess. I imagine they have the same idea as this one did with people keeping eyes on the doors. If so, I'll try to get the guards to breach from every door at the same time.
The next mess and associated quarters only have about twenty people in them, who are either sleeping or sitting on top of mess tables whispering nervously. The doors have been left wide open.



Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar responds, "Both, I guess, although I was thinking about how they're handling the pressure of the situation."

While conversing with Sargent Daymar is trying to assess whether the Mental Surgery took or not.
He doesn't think it took: the sargent should have reacted to his new allegiance. the other Possibility the sergant is trying to ferret out if everyone else in the conversation is a dreadstormer.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
OOC: Is this a simple task? I'm wondering whether the door could be quickly pushed and locked. And could the door be easily pulled open from the other side?
The door can be quickly pushed and locked... though there is a person over the threshold. It can only be locked from the outside. The door swings outward, not inward. Locking is a simple lever, but you've got to get the door flush first.


Quote:
Does it matter if 3 people pull the door after I close it? How much time would it take to lock it?
They can push with their full strength until the door is locked.


Quote:
I'm trying to picture the place, how far is it from the other door? Are they separate rooms? Do both doors lead to a place like the rendezvous room (no other entrances/exits)?
Theses are the little 10 by 10 rooms to hold hydrogen cells that are all over the ship, of course. They are immediately across the hall from each other. There are a number of entrances and exits from the compartment they lead into, going up, down, towards the front of the ship, and going port into some living quarters. This is on deck 14, block C, on the starboard side of the ship (the bottom of the page)
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 03:33 PM   #1638
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Just one?
OK, let's go with two to keep the pairs even.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The next mess and associated quarters only have about twenty people in them, who are either sleeping or sitting on top of mess tables whispering nervously. The doors have been left wide open.
Well these guys shouldn't be too hard to deal with; I'll go tell the guards to come storm in two minutes after I leave them. I should be able to get back to the quarters before the noise of the guards alerts the quarters.

I'll wait for the quarters to be alerted, and then I'll fire on the first person who tries something, like leave, wake the other crew, goes for a weapon, etc. And then I'll demand their surrender. If they react in some kind of peaceable way (they immediately surrender, they ask who the guards are, not move, etc.), then there's no need to shoot them.
Quote:
[1171] 22-10-25 23:28:59 CEST
Observation
3d6 <= 13
2 + 5 + 2 = 9 ... success
[1170] 22-10-25 23:28:41 CEST
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15
5 + 6 + 3 = 14 ... success
[1169] 22-10-25 23:28:34 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
1 + 2 + 1 = 4 ... success
I'll just stick a shoot roll here, as I can't imagine they're just going to surrender or just sit there
Quote:
[1172] 22-10-25 23:32:32 CEST
Beam Weapons
3d6 <= 15
3 + 2 + 5 = 10 ... success
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 02:20 PM   #1639
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
He doesn't think it took: the sargent should have reacted to his new allegiance. the other Possibility the sergant is trying to ferret out if everyone else in the conversation is a dreadstormer.
Daymar doesn't think it took, he's going to try again, making another attempt as they continue their conversation.

[1173] 22-10-26 22:19:37 CEST

Acting

3d6 <= 14
6 + 4 + 2 = 12 ... success

[1174] 22-10-26 22:20:16 CEST

Mental Surgery (All-Out Concentrate, repeated attempt)

3d6 <= 15
4 + 3 + 4 = 11 ... success
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 08:05 AM   #1640
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar doesn't think it took, he's going to try again, making another attempt as they continue their conversation.
The sergeant evades being touched, citing military protocol and moving somewhat, and suggests that he bring in the other NCOs.



Saviore Faire roll by sergant... its a pretty good roll: 7 vs a skill of 13, for a success by 6. You can either beat his roll, or blatantly break protocol.



Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
OK, let's go with two to keep the pairs even.


Well these guys shouldn't be too hard to deal with; I'll go tell the guards to come storm in two minutes after I leave them. I should be able to get back to the quarters before the noise of the guards alerts the quarters.

I'll wait for the quarters to be alerted, and then I'll fire on the first person who tries something, like leave, wake the other crew, goes for a weapon, etc. And then I'll demand their surrender. If they react in some kind of peaceable way (they immediately surrender, they ask who the guards are, not move, etc.), then there's no need to shoot them.

I'll just stick a shoot roll here, as I can't imagine they're just going to surrender or just sit there
They do in fact, just sit there and surrender. They seem to be expecting you. The ones giving the most trouble are in bed and trying to ignore it all.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.