Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2022, 10:46 AM   #1201
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
(...) Is pacifica doing anything else before returning to the security quarters and getting a weapon and an team to take a location?
(...)
If the plan is going to take place right now, she'll have to take a rest to recover her FP.

The plan sounds good, but I think that instead of splitting in 3 teams, it should be 2 teams. Are you going to lock people down, or kill them?

The officers can spread the rumor that the forces will be headed to missiles, diverting their attention from life support.

The officers can also provide the codes to the places we are going to raid, just in case they try to shut the doors from the inside or something.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 12:07 PM   #1202
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
The plan sounds good, but I think that instead of splitting in 3 teams, it should be 2 teams. Are you going to lock people down, or kill them?
Well I think we need three teams because there are three locations to target (Command C, Command F, and Life Support). Of course, there are multiple life support locations too.

I think we should brainwash people as convenient and shoot everyone else, but others might have their own opinions.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 02:31 PM   #1203
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well I think we need three teams because there are three locations to target (Command C, Command F, and Life Support). Of course, there are multiple life support locations too.

I think we should brainwash people as convenient and shoot everyone else, but others might have their own opinions.
This is along my line of thinking. Daymar will brainwash people where possible, and shoot or even just contain people where not. I think we should minimize contact with the crew where possible, if they see a bunch of armed security heading in a direction, I'm kind of guessing/hoping the first reaction is "they're going to deal with a situation" rather than "they are the situation."
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 05:55 AM   #1204
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
The officers can also provide the codes to the places we are going to raid, just in case they try to shut the doors from the inside or something.
Codes mostly control valuable stuff, and living quarters with higher security. So I suppose the codes to the missile warheads might be a good idea.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 08:06 AM   #1205
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

OOC: Before we continue, I'll leave some questions in the OOC.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 10:35 AM   #1206
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

If we are going to get armor and guns, I would like to disguise Pacifica as a member of security. She will check the gun to make sure it works. She will tell the others/help them do the same.

DISGUISE
3d6 <= 15
4 + 2 + 6 = 12 ... success.

GUNS ARMORY (LUCK 1)
3d6 <= 12
3 + 1 + 1 = 5 ... success.

Please remember Pacifica is covering her face and tag.

Pacifica will take over the command center she works at (Zybo's). Based on her knowledge of the ship (photographic memory and familiarity with the area) she rolls Navigation (Land) to direct the forces through the shortest path towards the objective and to think of the safest escape route (she plans going to Nejora once things are over, but it could be handy if things go south).

NAVIGATION
3d6 <= 13
3 + 6 + 3 = 12 ... success.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 08:04 AM   #1207
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
If we are going to get armor and guns, I would like to disguise Pacifica as a member of security. She will check the gun to make sure it works. She will tell the others/help them do the same.


Please remember Pacifica is covering her face and tag.
So is she covering up her face and tag, or disguising them as someone else? Either option is possible, but has different consequences.


Quote:
GUNS ARMORY (LUCK 1)
Luck has been burned and will be available in another 30 posts.


Quote:
Pacifica will take over the command center she works at (Zybo's). Based on her knowledge of the ship (photographic memory and familiarity with the area) she rolls Navigation (Land) to direct the forces through the shortest path towards the objective and to think of the safest escape route (she plans going to Nejora once things are over, but it could be handy if things go south).
The shortest paths are strait up and strait down. Nejora is on deck 12, security quarters (and current location) on decks 13 and 14, and the control center on deck 9, all in block C, stacked between the reactor and the main rocket. Two of the ship's ten main elevators are on the port and starboard sides, and hatches let you descend to your "assumed position" safely. A longer route to your living quarters on 18G is also possible: you are exceptionally familiar with that route, as it is your daily commute from your quarters to work. Its also a fairly tricky journey, especially if you avoid elevators: jokes have been made the route was calculated to keep the desk-jockeys in shape and familiar with different parts of the ship*.


*Seriously, I was just looking at the route and the one that involves the fewest hatches involves taking the elevator from deck 18 to deck 3 (the "main deck"), walking across the loading bay/parade ground, and taking a different elevator down to deck 9. That involves the least walking and is the easiest to understand... anything else is about hitting precise hatches to get past the tangle of weapons systems that creates bottlenecks near where the ship narrows.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 10:00 AM   #1208
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Understood! The shortest path is OK for Pacifica (once she leaves, she will take that path), security can take the regular one. Pacifica is moving with security right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
(...) Pacifica, are you arming up?
Yes she is, as stated previously. Regarding your other question, Pacifica is covering her face and tag, it's easier and quicker.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 09:14 AM   #1209
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

The three dreadstormers each arm themselves and head up a team of around 20 security. Their objectives are:
  • Pacifica is taking the command center at 9C
  • Hua's squad is taking life support on the lower decks
  • Daymar's squad is taking the command center at 6F
Where do you want the sergeant?


Let me know if you give your troops any instructions or speeches before you arrive, what direction you approach your targets via, How you plan to have your troops enter, and if you have any plans to synchronize the attacks.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 10:51 AM   #1210
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The three dreadstormers each arm themselves and head up a team of around 20 security. Their objectives are:
  • Pacifica is taking the command center at 9C
  • Hua's squad is taking life support on the lower decks
  • Daymar's squad is taking the command center at 6F
Where do you want the sergeant?

Let me know if you give your troops any instructions or speeches before you arrive, what direction you approach your targets via, How you plan to have your troops enter, and if you have any plans to synchronize the attacks.
Daymar would like the sergeant to accompany him, allowing him to direct the troops while Daymar concentrates on converting more of the enemy as the opportunity arises. He plans to take the most direct route possible to the command center, and then have the security force rush in to try to secure it, keeping combat to a minimum, since his intent is to subvert the command centre personnel. I think we should certainly try to time synchronize the command center attacks, and the life support section if possible.

Addressing his squad, Daymar says, "I would like try to take the command center with a minimum of violence, if we can get through this with no shots fired I would be happy. The priority will be to secure the entrance, and then cover the security, any officers, and the crew, in that order. I then plan to subvert them to our cause."
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.