Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2021, 10:33 AM   #681
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
OOC: Ugh, what an unpleasant result... Might a better will roll have a better outcome? Almost seems like even a failure would be better, lol. Keeping the bruised foot may have been a good move! I still have Peter's Luck.

Yeah, I gave him a good Will and Per!

I have 5 unspent points, I'll drop them into a point of Destiny and spend it if that will help...

This mental image is just horrific! (Feel free to roll me a fright check!)

---

If he still has some level of control, can he turn him into a more standard humanoid with more concentration? Maybe then they can communicate...

Peter was able to sense the desires of his runt before... can he sense the mind of this creature and connect to it like his previous creations?

Peter can see the creature forming, and he has time to let go and have the humanoid be created instead.



If you want to use luck, a better will roll will shut out the humanoid form entirely, but targeting their roll (which was pretty good) is probably a better bet than targeting your own.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 12:35 PM   #682
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

OOC: oh how I wish Peter had Danger Sense!

Peter will allow it to form and cross his fingers this isn't a huge mistake...
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 02:06 PM   #683
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

The large pink Demon forms on the dias. Its well over six feet tall, and weighs at least 300 lbs.. It glows magic to Peter's senses much like any other Karana creation. He searches for a mental link to it... he finds none.



Anil says something dramatic in his own language, mentioning at least his own name and Jagannat.


It looks around confused for a moment. Then it opens it mouth to let out a blood curdling, senseless, wordless, inhuman scream, and to contort its face. Peter has seen that look before: on an animal seeking to defend its territory.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 04:04 PM   #684
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Peter stiffens with fear for a moment and he shakes it off while his muscles coil and he...
Spoiler:  
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 08:23 AM   #685
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Quote:
I have a few questions to clarify...

How long does it take Peter to form Karana out of smoke?
How far are they from horses?
What is Peter's basic move penalty?
Does Peter have the bow?

Karana takes about 2 seconds to double in size, and the first 2 seconds gives about 2 lbs of creation. With this thick smoke, it will be faster: 1 second to double the size. Unless the smoke tries to fight Peter again.



They are about 24 feet from the horses. which are just outside the stone ring.



Peter has no bow, and his move is 80% of normal.. so he has move 4.



The game was not saved...what does Peter do next?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 10:08 AM   #686
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Spoiler:  


Peter's mind rushes through his options... nothing good comes of it.

Seeing the creature behave like a wild animal, Peter decides to treat it like one.

Peter speaks gently to Anil, "move slow unless he charges... we need to get out of here."

Peter dips his head and drops his gaze to the creature's lower body and extends his hands forward and low while stepping backward in as submissive a demeanor as he can, ready to bolt if the creature charges.

He mentally reaches out to see if he can reconnect to the Karana and take control of the "demon" while he does this.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 11:23 AM   #687
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Anil is a bit less submissive, slowly pulling out the pistol at his side, but he still backs up with Peter. He mutters a few gentle words in his language.



Goliath backs away with the others, though he is softly growling.



Peter searches for the commanding link, and finds nothing.



The Demon screams again, but only takes one step forward.



It seems to be working. Anil starts slowly reaching for his sword "Shall I shoot it?".



OCC: rolling handle animal at a default... rolled a 10.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 12:57 PM   #688
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Peter replies to Anil, continuing his soft tones and submissive behavior...

"I think you might just make it mad... "

and he begins speaking to the demon in soft tones while he continues to move toward the horses.

"it's okay buddy, We're all friends, we'll give you your space..."

OOC: If he is animal enough for animal handling to be worth a try, let's try that as an influence roll - Diplomacy skill of 14.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 08:19 AM   #689
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

The Demon Screams again, pushing them back. Its looking for a fight with something, but the boys and they dog aren't giving it one. Anil has both weapons out. Hes muttering under his breath in his native tongue... or at least in a foreign language. They're able to make it to the horses at the edge of the stone.



Peter thinks that if they turn their backs on it, it will charge. How will they mount the horses? Remember the bruised foot.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 08:39 AM   #690
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Peter will lead the horses a bit further away, walking backward carefully so he does not have to turn his back on the creature. He keeps an eye on the demon qand will try and mount the horse as quickly as possible if it charges.

Once they get a bit of distance he'll mount the horse.

"I think that thing was expecting another monster to fight like the Karana matches around the fire. Maybe it will just fade out like the little ones do. I think we should get Mr. Pundell, he may know more about this place... and I still think his rock may be important."
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
lost in dreams

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.