Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 12-06-2014, 05:00 PM   #251
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Peter doesn't want to overplay his hand (Passed his Overconfidence and Impulsiveness checks that would have forced him to do so), so he does not press the conversation further than to simply say

"Yeah, it sure would."

After talking to the preacher and going home for dinner, Peter sneaks off to the the woods for a while before the curfew. He has Senarich optimize his form for speed and stealth, and searches the woods around the town for familiar sites he might recognize from the visions of late night meetings.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 02:03 PM   #252
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

There is very little time between getting off work and curfew -- this is by design. Peter gets some snooping done, but not much. Senerich urges him to return home and slip outside again. Peter is a little tired from two nights ago, but he can certainly make it for a lot longer than the time given.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 02:35 PM   #253
the_matrix_walker

He'll take the advice and check in at home and get a bite to eat before doing his exploring.
Old 12-08-2014, 03:15 PM   #254
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

As Peter is searching in the woods, he finds a gathering -- and it seems to be one of the brotherhood: the posted guards who seem quite human, and Senarich assures him the riders never had that kind of manpower.

That doesn't mean that there is no magic, however. a rider is in someone 15 yards beyond the guards, and a similar sensation -- but completely different, is right next to it.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 12-08-2014, 03:33 PM   #255
the_matrix_walker

Peter will approach and investigate this new flavor of weird... while trying to remain unobserved.
Old 12-08-2014, 04:22 PM   #256
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Peter gets closer and looks at the source of the weirdness.

A man has been bound and hooded in the center of circle of onlookers. The covering costumes are familiar. Everyone in the circle is holding a candle. A figure wearing some very pompous robes stands in front of the prisoner, holding a cross in one hand and a book(presumably the bible) in the other. He's the source of the weird feeling.

Senarich suddenly sounds very panicked. "Get out! Get away from here! I can't deal with this. I'll be driven out and have to start all over again! get away!"

Old 12-08-2014, 04:45 PM   #257
the_matrix_walker

Peter reacts to Rider's alarm immediately running away... After a moment he says mentally to Rider...

"Shouldn't we try and help him?"
Old 12-08-2014, 04:58 PM   #258
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"How? It'd be nice if we could, but just rushing in there will get us killed. If I get too close to the ceremony I'll loose all magic for the time being and they do NOT take lightly to people stumbling onto them."

Old 12-08-2014, 05:12 PM   #259
the_matrix_walker

"How long does the ceremony take? We could go get others like Kissinger to help, or I could get my bow... or just grab some rocks and throw them from the trees... I don't know, I feel bad just doing nothing."
Old 12-09-2014, 01:00 PM   #260
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"Throwing rocks? you'll get yourself killed. And that's about all we'll be able to do, unless you've got some magic trick up your sleeve. My magic and presence will end soon after they become aware of us, its near impossible to disrupt the ceremony, and I don't think we could talk to others into coming. And they don't even know for sure who we are yet. My identity is fairly well known."

"The ceremony is of variable length. It depends completely on the person in the center. But I would expect it to take at least an hour, if not three"

Tags
lost in dreams