Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 09-14-2011, 08:29 PM   #31
chimchim

Default Re: [ooc] the great black hills gold rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcrusher View Post
Ok Ill adjsut what I ahve to put his tools of his trade (prospecting and trapping) in his 80% column (which will be a pick and shovel) and then get back the saddle bags . Is it cool to through in a Saddle horse even if he doesn't ahve all the money fo rit?
You most certainly can have one. Remember the value of your pc's 80% "fixed" assets is what you could reasonably get if you liquidated your entire assets. Under those circumstances you would never get full price anyway so your property could in fact be worth quite a bit more.

One thing i missed on first inspection of your pc your disadvantages are going to be a problem for you. You have selected a very dangerous combination of impulsiveness overconfidence and bad temper. These combined will lower your life expectancy quite a bit.

As a gm I expect disadvantages to be disavatageous and played by the player. I do not expect to see to many requests to roll for self controll unless it really is of utmost importance your pc controll their urges. This guy is going to fly off the handle at relatively minor provocation and will rarely back down.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:32 PM   #32
chimchim

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
I have GCA, when my character is finalized with equipment, I'll send it your way. Just as a heads-up, I have a trip for work from Sept. 19-28. During this time my access to internet (and therefore posting rate) will be unpredictable. Hope that won't be a problem.
I do not expect people to post every day and if you are going to have trouble for a while you can ask to be put into npc mode for a while. I will do all i can to keep your pc alive and prosperous while you are gone.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:24 PM   #33
chimchim

Listed below are some ideas i had for the reasons for each pc to come to the camp (apart from the gold that is). If you strongly disagree please let me know.

Samson and Samuel

The two Sams have been hired by an english man named Captain Robert Chadbourn to form an advance scouting party into town. Chadbourn intends to open a Saloon there and has already secured title on a property that previously contained a saloon but is now empty. Captain Chadbourn is assembling his staff and stock and expects the two Sams to investigate the competition (three Saloons the golden nugget, billy's place and the cornerstone) and work out which of the owners of these will be the bigest threat etc.

Jebediah
Jebadiah has found himself in a potential win win scenario. Dynamite was legalised which put him out of work but the rail roads need for explosives is outstripping the domestic dynamite industries capacity. Then along comes a gold rush in the Dakota territory close(ish lol) to Jebadiah's old Canadian suppliers. The claims there are crying out for explosives and are currantly reliant on black powder. Jeb is thus bringing in a largish consignment of explosives for a single buyer in Shady gulch. The buyer is a Mr Jacob Randall.

Pericles and Sebastian

The town of shady gulch has a mayor who has been writing to certain types of businesmen in the hope of inducing them to relocate to his town. One of the areas of real need in the town is for a doctor. He wrote to pericles offering him the chance to relocate to Shady Gulch and sweetened the offer with a promise of a free purpouse built home come surgury. Pericles having been run out of his previous town jumped at the offer and agreed to bring Sabastian along as help/muscle etc.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:06 PM   #34
zoncxs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimchim View Post
Listed below are some ideas i had for the reasons for each pc to come to the camp (apart from the gold that is). If you strongly disagree please let me know.

Samson and Samuel

The two Sams have been hired by an english man named Captain Robert Chadbourn to form an advance scouting party into town. Chadbourn intends to open a Saloon there and has already secured title on a property that previously contained a saloon but is now empty. Captain Chadbourn is assembling his staff and stock and expects the two Sams to investigate the competition (three Saloons the golden nugget, billy's place and the cornerstone) and work out which of the owners of these will be the bigest threat etc.
I like it ^,^ And yes his nickname is gungrave samuel. >.o I will update my guy with equipment soon.

And now I am done adding the $1000 equipment. anything else I should add?

Last edited by zoncxs; 09-14-2011 at 11:32 PM.
zoncxs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:50 AM   #35
Skullcrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimchim View Post
You most certainly can have one. Remember the value of your pc's 80% "fixed" assets is what you could reasonably get if you liquidated your entire assets. Under those circumstances you would never get full price anyway so your property could in fact be worth quite a bit more.

One thing i missed on first inspection of your pc your disadvantages are going to be a problem for you. You have selected a very dangerous combination of impulsiveness overconfidence and bad temper. These combined will lower your life expectancy quite a bit.

As a gm I expect disadvantages to be disavatageous and played by the player. I do not expect to see to many requests to roll for self controll unless it really is of utmost importance your pc controll their urges. This guy is going to fly off the handle at relatively minor provocation and will rarely back down.
I know the risks....That's why he has hard to kill.....:)

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:04 AM   #36
Skullcrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoncxs View Post
I like it ^,^ And yes his nickname is gungrave samuel. >.o I will update my guy with equipment soon.

And now I am done adding the $1000 equipment. anything else I should add?

Sounds good to me too.

Old 09-15-2011, 06:39 AM   #37
Skullcrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulthar88 View Post
I still need some stats for a chemistry kit suitable for the formulation & testing of drugs, and a decent microscope, if anyone can direct me to a reference or the GM can concoct one. And where are cigars -- lots of cigars -- in the equipment list?
Try High tech page 50 instead:

Suit Case lab $3000 20 lbs

Last edited by Skullcrusher; 09-15-2011 at 06:47 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:58 AM   #38
Ulthar88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcrusher View Post
Try High tech page 50 instead:

Suit Case lab $3000 20 lbs
Thanks... what I'm thinking of is more like a steamer trunk full of stuff. But since I don't have much else using up my equipment allowance, I'm hoping for something that falls in between the suitcase lab and the field lab.

As for the GM's setup, that sounds ideal for me. I've edited my previous post with the near-final stats for Pericles.
Ulthar88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:56 AM   #39
Epic Kobold

I too like Chimchim's suggestion.

Sebastien needs some fine tuning, but the bulk of him is here

The breakdown of points is
Attributes=50
Languages=-1
Skills=100
Advantages=42
Disadvantages=-41

I don't have any fancy plans for gear, a really nice shovel being the most noteworthy item.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:44 AM   #40
zoncxs

I added a pic of my gun just because it looks cool ^,^
zoncxs is online now   Reply With Quote