Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-21-2014, 04:02 PM   #81
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

"I'm lost sir! I woke up in the woods. I thought I had sleepwalked but I can't find anything that looks like home anywhere. I lost my clothes when I went for a swim in the river... they fell in and washed away. Can you help me please?"
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:29 PM   #82
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The Farmer gives a sympathetic grimace. "Well, son, you're in trouble. Yes, I can help you. Let me unhook the tractor and we'll get you back to civilization. My name is Bart Batty, and you're in quite a pickle. Hop up on the tractor, and get your dog up there too."

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:46 PM   #83
the_matrix_walker

Peter helps Goliath up onto the tractor and sits behind him to hide his nakedness.

"Thank you sir, I'm so glad I found you, this has been the craziest day! I'm Peter, and this is Goliath."
Old 03-25-2014, 01:16 PM   #84
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"Goliath?" the farmer rubs the dogs head. "Well, boy, I hope you take to riding tractors well."

Mr. Batty drives the tractor to his home in the village: all the houses are clumped close to each other. All of them are wooden, and amenities seem limited. They do have running water, but have a preference for keeping it outside. Mrs. Batty and the children aren't home, but Bart gives Peter a shirt and pants to wear, and sits him down by a wood burning fireplace (the only brick part of the house) and explains some things.

"Son, your not home. There is a something that grabs people from old earth and brings them here. Some people say its Spirits, some think its God, others think its a just plain natural effect. At any rate, you're stuck here. You'll never see your family again, and your going to have to get used to that idea."

"There's a good number of us americans, who have been pulled into this place. We call it earth, or occasionally new earth, and where you're from is old earth. We've put back together most of civilization: Tractors, Radios, Modern ships, and so forth. At least I think it feels like civilization, but I came here in the 70's. I hear the newbies find it quite different. And I'll admit there are some things we just don't have down right: the plumbing is still unreliable, and you won't see a lot of super fancy goods, but thats just life.

"We're used to people like you coming in every so often, though most of the time there is more than just a boy and his dog. You'll be adopted into the community, or sent to one of the cities if you choose that."

"I hope that helps you understand your position."

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 03-27-2014, 05:09 PM   #85
the_matrix_walker

Despite already been told as much, hearing it from a human being sent Peter over the edge. Tears begin streaming down his face, and he lets out a sigh that's half sob, the reality of his situation being just too much for him.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:48 AM   #86
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Bart Batty doesn't seem too sure about how to handle this, but Goliath rests his large head on Peter's shoulder, and Bart leaves, seemingly to go to the kitchen to make something.

Rider, silent all this time, speaks up: "At least your not like me. You can still move around. You're not dead."

Old 03-31-2014, 11:59 AM   #87
the_matrix_walker

Peter puts his arms around Goliath and hugs him while he 'get's it all out' and is finally able to calm down and relax after a few minutes. He doesn't respond to Rider, wanting to be left alone. He keeps an arm around Goliath and leans his head on the big dog, reassured that at least he still has his best friend.
Old 03-31-2014, 01:41 PM   #88
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Rider quickly picks up that his comments are not welcome, and quiets down.

Mr. Batty returns with some very thick, very old fashioned bread and butter, and gives it to Graham to eat. He watches Peter for a while before heading outside, saying he'll be in the shop if he's needed.

Old 03-31-2014, 01:45 PM   #89
the_matrix_walker

"Thank you sir."

Exhausted from his long journey, Peter tries to rest and very quickly falls asleep on the man's couch.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:30 PM   #90
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Peter is awakened either Goliath getting up or by the mother of the family coming in. She has dark brown hair that doesn't quite reach the shoulders, is quite short, and is followed by a cat.

Goliath merely glances at the cat, then up at the woman. She moves quietly, seeming to hope that she hadn't woken him up yet, and starts making dinner.

the sun is low in the sky, but still up.

Last edited by ericthered; 04-01-2014 at 09:17 AM.

Tags
lost in dreams