Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 04-29-2014, 03:50 PM   #131
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Mr. Hysop notices Peter's quietness:
"Every thing all right son? you seem a little put off by my answer. Does it worry you, or do you think we're all crazy?"

They make it to town, and Peter is dropped off at a large and mostly empty building. Its somewhere between a boarding school, a hospital, and a barracks. It can easily house 100 people, but right now it seems only three older women work there and he's going to be the only boarder. Comments are made to the effect of 'No one else?' and 'They usually come in groups'.

The Women to be part time workers engaged in keeping the place up. They teach school during the rest of the time. The 'house' is right on the edge between a neighbourhood and a business part of town. Their last names are Coffin, Stove, and Bryant. Coffin is a spinster and by far the oldest (and smallest) and the other two are widows. They make good and sure Peter knows to keep the dog out of the house (there is a yard out back) and go down a list of expectations. Apparently young boys are expected to work around here. He's given the choice of helping to clean, or of finding employment for two hours after school each day.

The city of Boston is somewhere between 1900 and 1960 in feel. Cars are everywhere, but they are all the same kind, modeled after the tractors. Smog hangs over the city. Electricity is present, but Neon signs are not, though some people have done their best to imitate showy effects with other patterns of light bulbs. The streets are still that half-dirt half-roadbase, which is going to be very dirty when things get wet.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 05:52 PM   #132
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Mr. Hysop notices Peter's quietness:
"Every thing all right son? you seem a little put off by my answer. Does it worry you, or do you think we're all crazy?"
"Maybe a little of each... this is all allot to accept."
Quote:
They make it to town, and Peter is dropped off at a large and mostly empty building. Its somewhere between a boarding school, a hospital, and a barracks. It can easily house 100 people, but right now it seems only three older women work there and he's going to be the only boarder. Comments are made to the effect of 'No one else?' and 'They usually come in groups'.

The Women to be part time workers engaged in keeping the place up. They teach school during the rest of the time. The 'house' is right on the edge between a neighbourhood and a business part of town. Their last names are Coffin, Stove, and Bryant. Coffin is a spinster and by far the oldest (and smallest) and the other two are widows. They make good and sure Peter knows to keep the dog out of the house (there is a yard out back) and go down a list of expectations.
"What if it rains? Is there somewhere else we can go? I'm not staying anywhere Goliath isn't welcome to sleep inside, especially with weird people and monsters in the woods."
Quote:
Apparently young boys are expected to work around here. He's given the choice of helping to clean, or of finding employment for two hours after school each day.
Whatever... but Peter may have to figure out something else, he's adamant about not leaving Goliath outside.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:25 PM   #133
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"You'll get used to it. Its always a shock when they come in"

Mrs. Coffin: "If it rains? the dog can sleep on the porch or in the shed. I'm not letting a big messy dog inside."

Coffin is quite willing to work out a place for the dog as long as it isn't in the building. Moving somewhere else is a little problematic... the paperwork to move him here is already done, and the law is apparently stingy about people moving from place to place rapidly.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 05-01-2014, 06:48 PM   #134
the_matrix_walker

Peter will see if he can make up a bed big enough for the two of them to share in the shed. If questioned, he'll tell them he means no offence, but he feels safer in a shed with Golaith than in a house without him. He's willing to find a job or come in and clean, and will offer to clean until he finds work.

"So people can't move where they like? Or is it 'cause I'm a kid who's been 'Placed'? "
Old 05-02-2014, 03:10 PM   #135
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Mrs. Coffin isn't pleased with it, but concedes that Peter can sleep in the shed with the dog the time being. She assures him that the 'demons' aren't interested in attacking a boy like him "Though they might want to posses you, but that always seems to happen out in the forest."

Rider seems to be amused by all of the concern about the dog.

Old 05-05-2014, 11:16 AM   #136
the_matrix_walker

Peter is hoping they will back down and let Goliath in the house, but he's prepared to do anything to remain with Goliath.

Once that's settled, Peter will look for a job.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:52 PM   #137
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The old women stay firm on the dog issue.

there are several job openings out there:
packing fish.
washing windows.
Assembling kitchen pots and pans.
unloading freight and sorting who it goes to.

As he's out looking for a job (walking around), he notices several people giving off 'rider vibes'. All of them are wealthier, and all of them are older men who give off an air of respectability.

Old 05-07-2014, 09:13 AM   #138
the_matrix_walker

If he can, Peter will take a job with one of the men who give off "the Vibe" so that he can observe them and keep an eye out for strangeness...

Anything but packing fish... icky!
Old 05-07-2014, 03:51 PM   #139
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Peter finds it impossible to find a job with a man giving off the rider vibe nearby ... those sorts of people don't seem to hang out at factories and so on. Though it does occur to him that he might ask one of them if they know of a job he could have. Anything the man says might be closer.

Rider asks Peter what's up with his odd decision making ... unless Peter has already told him he's seeing more people who give off that particular vibe.

Old 05-07-2014, 03:58 PM   #140
the_matrix_walker

'That feeling I got from Mr. Hysop... I'm getting it from a bunch of these guys. I kinda want to keep an eye on them to see if I'm right.'

Peter will follow that instinct an ask some of the men in question if they know of work... He will do his best to make a good impression and if they say have no position for him, he will suggest they might do well to have an eager and enterprising personal assistant!

Tags
lost in dreams