Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 04-01-2014, 02:47 PM   #91
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Peter rises at the activity.

"Hi, I'm Peter. Can I help you with that?"
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:30 AM   #92
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

She's quite brisk. "Yes, If you're up, you can peel potatoes. I need about 8 of them peeled."

She shows him a 'chicken bucket' to peel the potatoes into, points out where the potatoes are, and hands him a peeler. He's peeling when Mr. Batty comes back to the house, driving his tractor. Two boys, dirty with sweat and dust, are trudging in nearby. Both have heads of red hair, and the older has a beard. The younger has brilliant red hair and is about Peter's age.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:32 PM   #93
the_matrix_walker

Peter peels the potatoes and tries to make conversation.

"Thank you for having me. This is all so confusing, and I don't know what I'm going to do..."

When the boys come in, Peter gives them a little wave. When Goliath runs up to investigate the boys, Peter says "It's okay, Goliath just wants to be friendly."
Old 04-03-2014, 10:24 AM   #94
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The woman, who calls herself Anna, speaks very little, focusing on her work (Peter has been stationed on the porch, while she's cooking inside).

The boys are quite surprised to see to see Peter and Goliath, and the introductions are a little awkward. the older of the two is Logan (with the beard), while the younger (bright red hair and Peter's age) is Weston. They handle the dog well, though they make sure with Peter that he gets along with other dogs -- there are apparently three others around here.

Their mother calls them in early and informs them that Peter has been 'recently plucked'. The potatoes are about done, and the boys head to wash themselves off, joined soon afterwards by their father.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 04-03-2014, 10:12 PM   #95
the_matrix_walker

Peter washes up and joins them. "Thank you so much... I'm famished!"
Old 04-04-2014, 09:39 AM   #96
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The meal is simple but hearty. The boys throng Peter with questions about where he is from, and what life is like there. They seem to find him, if not a celebrity, at least strange and exotic. Most of the questions are about computers and politics: They apparently come from a fairly religious background, and computers are not to be had here, with very few exceptions.

Old 04-05-2014, 11:01 AM   #97
the_matrix_walker

Peter tells them about the latest and greatest toys and gizmos... Being an only child who was left alone a good deal of the time, he was somewhat spoiled in that department, even so, he spent far less time with those toys than he did out in the woods around his home.

After dinner Peter asks if it's alright to feed his leftovers to Goliath, and volunteers to help clear and wash the dishes.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:36 AM   #98
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The leftovers go in the fridge: They have a supply of food for dogs, and Anna Batty is a little offended Peter suggests giving it to a dog.

Bart and the boys are headed out to do some final chores around the house, but Mrs. Batty is glad of the help with the dishes.

(feel free to act at this point, we don't have to skip)

The boys are somewhat eager to show Peter the property.

Old 04-07-2014, 11:19 AM   #99
the_matrix_walker

(He wasn't suggesting the family meal's uneaten food, just what was left on his own plate if that was unclear)

Peter helps around the house however he can until the boys are done with their chores, then joins them in exploring the property.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:50 PM   #100
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

(Correct, she objects to his food being fed to the dog -- he notices all of the others have completely cleaned their plates of food)

The property is large, and well cultivated: there is a massive garden as well as the fields. The boys don't venture too far from the house, saying they'll show him the rest of the property later. They bring the dogs with them (who have some squabbles with Goliath, but are mostly friendly and respectful of the giant dog).

When they are done with that (which is quite early), he is given a blanket and told he can sleep on the couch. Mr. Batty says he's going to take Peter to town the next day to the courthouse to report a new member of the community.

Tags
lost in dreams