Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2022, 11:28 AM   #341
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
What, on your hand, or the hole? Either way, its a while... but food is probably worth it. Julian has been in this spot for hours
It was more verification that Julian couldn't try signalling with fire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
It tastes plateable enough. Julian has certainly eaten worse. The seeds seem swallowable if he cares to do so.
Well let's eat fast and swallow the seeds. My arms are getting tired.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Lying down on the thin layer: its pretty shallow.

There seems to be a change in their flight, But Julian isn't quite sure what they are doing after that.
I briefly worry that the Hawkin may have been hired by Reslin or Togar to look for me. Or maybe this is like a farm or something and I'm obliviously stealing from somebody.

Let's eat until I'm full (or the fruit's all gone) and then climb back out.
Quote:
[106] 22-12-14 19:23:34 CET
Climbing part 2
3d6 <= 11
5 + 3 + 2 = 10 ... success
Then I'll rest for, I dunno half an hour, then, light up my hand, and carry on. If the Hawkin are going to do something surely they'll be back soon.
Quote:
[108] 22-12-14 19:26:09 CET
Vasic Ops Quad Time
3d6 <= 12
2 + 3 + 4 = 9 ... success

[109] 22-12-14 19:27:39 CET

Hiking

3d6 <= 11
2 + 2 + 3 = 7 ... success
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 10:14 AM   #342
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well let's eat fast and swallow the seeds. My arms are getting tired.

I briefly worry that the Hawkin may have been hired by Reslin or Togar to look for me. Or maybe this is like a farm or something and I'm obliviously stealing from somebody.

Let's eat until I'm full (or the fruit's all gone) and then climb back out.

Then I'll rest for, I dunno half an hour, then, light up my hand, and carry on. If the Hawkin are going to do something surely they'll be back soon.

Julian is resting when two Lawin, armed with spears, march down the tunnel towards him.



"Who... you?"

They have thick accents, that's what Julian thinks they're saying.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 10:27 AM   #343
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"Who... you?"

They have thick accents, that's what Julian thinks they're saying.
Well here's hoping I don't say the wrong thing and they don't get the wrong idea. Or at least one of those. I'll try to hit the following across:

"I'm Jules, who are you? Two men dragged me down here. They were going to have me moved to some other place. I ran off when they were attacked by a bug."

I suppose they'll ask why I was kidnapped, and I'll claim not to know.

Quote:
[111] 22-12-15 18:27:04 CET
IQ +1 from complementary gesture

3d6 <= 14
2 + 2 + 2 = 6 ... success

[110] 22-12-15 18:26:06 CET
Gesture
3d6 <= 13
1 + 2 + 6 = 9 ... success
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 10:06 AM   #344
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

"who were these men? what did they want with you? Where did you start from?"
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 10:34 AM   #345
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

"Soldiers; they were sent to take Bumundo. That's where I started from."

Do the Vasic signs vanish after use? If so,

"I don't know why. Nothing good I imagine."

Quote:
[112] 22-12-16 18:34:12 CET

Fast-Talk

3d6 <= 12
1 + 4 + 4 = 9 ... success]
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 09:56 AM   #346
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Do the Vasic signs vanish after use? If so,
Yes, they do.



Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"Soldiers; they were sent to take Bumundo. That's where I started from."

"I don't know why. Nothing good I imagine."
The Hawkin confirm with Julian that the soldiers were trying to invade Bumundo, and this seems to back up his story... they're aware of an attempted attack on Bumundo, with a soldier going missing recently.


One of the Hawkin is named Gabil, The other is named Alimah. They have their own language, and after discussing a bit, decide that Gabil will stay here and guard him while Alimah gets enough people to take Julian back. Or decide to abandon him. The two synchronize their watches before Alimah flies off.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 06:04 PM   #347
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The Hawkin confirm with Julian that the soldiers were trying to invade Bumundo, and this seems to back up his story... they're aware of an attempted attack on Bumundo, with a soldier going missing recently.
"Yeah, they mentioned they killed a guard. Probably the one I told about the three of them (the soldiers) I saw."

If they ask, I'll explain about that I saw Tarbreth talking on a Vasic about spears (but not how), how I found spears, and the incident with the guard that day.

Quote:
[113] 22-12-20 01:18:53 CET
Omitting the Tarbreth dream.
3d6 <= 12 : 6 + 2 + 2 = 10 ... success
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
One of the Hawkin is named Gabil, The other is named Alimah. They have their own language, and after discussing a bit, decide that Gabil will stay here and guard him while Alimah gets enough people to take Julian back. Or decide to abandon him. The two synchronize their watches before Alimah flies off.
Well, surely if they were going to abandon me, they'd just fly off together, right? Well, unless they're looking in to seeing if there's a payoff. If the were working for Reslin they'd probably already have some idea who they're looking for. So no need to worry I guess.

I'll try befriending Gabil; maybe make small talk or maybe play some kind of toss game with my pen.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 09:24 AM   #348
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

They are fairly interested in Julian's story about the invasion: they seem to oscillate between suspicion of Julian himself and contained excitement of what they have found.



Gabil isn't interested in playing games... but he will happily drill Julian for more details about the soldiers, especially visual details and the exact time and place various things happened.


How much of the story about his escape will Julian reveal? will he let them know about the clock error?


Gabil is also interested in telling about how foolish the journey into the vegetation was, about the various monsters and hidden dangers found in here, and about how the wilderness should be left to his kind rather than the "wingless", and about how lucky Julian is to be alive.



On schedule, Gabil completes a vasic, and talks with an old grizzled man in a guard's uniform, but fancier. Gabil recommends that its worth the effort of bringing Julian back, because of his information.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 10:31 AM   #349
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Gabil isn't interested in playing games... but he will happily drill Julian for more details about the soldiers, especially visual details and the exact time and place various things happened.
Quote:
[114] 22-12-20 18:20:13 CET
IQ
3d6 <= 13
2 + 1 + 5 = 8 ... success]
While repeating the part about how Paldrian and Tarbreth were arguing about how to get where they were going, I remember something. I forgot too

"They mentioned that they were considering taking me over the top to this place, Paglog. That might be where Paldrian is or a settlement related, like Bumundo and Tiskar."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
How much of the story about his escape will Julian reveal? will he let them know about the clock error
I'll tell them most of the story, but I'll neglect to mention my part of how the Reslin's watch broke. So, heading downwards delaying them with the jump through the hole, searching for the watch, wearing at the ropes with a stick, and making a break for it when the large bug showed up. In my imagination it's like a giant centipede with a helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Gabil is also interested in telling about how foolish the journey into the vegetation was, about the various monsters and hidden dangers found in here, and about how the wilderness should be left to his kind rather than the "wingless", and about how lucky Julian is to be alive.
I listen to his stories about the monsters. I suppose he might be playing them up a little.

"Were the Hawkin up here first?"

Hopefully he doesn't think about how weird it is that they went to all this danger and trouble for one kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
On schedule, Gabil completes a vasic, and talks with an old grizzled man in a guard's uniform, but fancier. Gabil recommends that its worth the effort of bringing Julian back, because of his information.
Hopefully this boss guard (Guard commander?) doesn't realize I have nothing more to offer beyond what I said.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 07:19 AM   #350
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Gabil: "Paglog. makes sense. and might confirm what we suspect. Their vasic navigator could be there. Or he might not."

A giant centipede with a helmet isn't terribly far off. Fatter body, shorter legs.

"My people came up here when the first stones were brought up. Riask has brought us here, and came with us, but the wingless are poorly suited for this place. It reminds me of Awan, the mothersky. Humans like you are confined to slowly crawl along the top, hanging for dear life, while we soar through it."


Gabil says he needs to search Julian before they take him back.


Three Hawkin arrive with a harness thing they strap Julian into to, and the four Hawkin start flying him back to Bumundo, suspended below them.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
lost in dreams

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.