Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2021, 11:54 AM   #731
ajardoor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

The six monster dogs surprise the party by springing into the air with their hindlegs and landing next to adventurers!
Every adventurer but Bain is now in close combat with a dog - Gathika is being swamped by two!

(OC: Move 10 yards by Super Jump, enemies are now in Reach C, take this into account when you fight back. Bain's turn!)
__________________
My blog: http://tabletoprpg333.home.blog
ajardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 03:12 PM   #732
PumpkinLorica
 
PumpkinLorica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Gathika will step away from the dogs, and make all out defense.

WHO LET THE DOGS OUT?!

She will try to stay close to Vic. Gathika immediately shouts:

COMRADE! DO THE LAST RESORT!
__________________
/ᐠ. 。.ᐟ\ᵐᵉᵒʷˎˊ˗
PumpkinLorica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 07:31 PM   #733
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

It's on. Bain listens to Gathika, he waits for her and Vicious to move, then shoots for 40, 42 and 48 HP of damage.
Spoiler:  
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 12:03 AM   #734
ajardoor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

The Digger and the catwoman both move back and stay on the defensive.
Bain fires off three arrows and kills half the invading dogs.
Telrith and his conjured friend, meanwhile, are facing off against these horrid beasts...

(OC: Next turn, the dogs get another Smell 16 rolls to locate Bain.)
__________________
My blog: http://tabletoprpg333.home.blog
ajardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 11:49 AM   #735
ajardoor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Terlich fails to cast a spell.

His earth elemental gives the fierce canine snapping at it a taste of the axe blade!
(OC: Dodge roll was 17. No DR, takes 9 injury, out of the fight.)
The bad dog is cleaved through its torso! It faints dead away!

TURN 2

The two remaining dogs (one attacking Telrith and the other near Azure) resort to a bizarre tactic; inducing some kind of seizure and then expelling an awful foul liquid from every orifice and pore in their body!

(OC: the liquid has a radius of 2 yards around each dog. Anyone in the liquid suffers bad footing (+1 move cost, -2 DX and attack rolls, -1 Defences) unless negated and they must roll HT-4 roll or suffer nausea. I believe Telrith is in the liquid?)
__________________
My blog: http://tabletoprpg333.home.blog
ajardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 01:12 PM   #736
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Telrith rolls 8 and fails by one: he is nauseated.



Is Azure in bad footing?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 07:55 PM   #737
ajardoor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Is Azure in bad footing?
(OC: yes.)

Bain slaughters the last two dogs with two arrows. When all the enemies out of the fight, the knocked-out dog is given a coup de grace.

Combat over.

The party cleans up the foul-smelling air and liquid, before they get back to sleeping.

DAY 30

The party of adventurers make it back to the Caves the next day, after two hours of hiking.
Now, where in the complex of Caves shall they go next?
__________________
My blog: http://tabletoprpg333.home.blog
ajardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 11:49 PM   #738
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

As Bain recovers his arrows from combat, he speaks to the party:

These dogs look similar to the ants we just faced yesterday, don't you think we are being targeted? Can you tell if they are constructs or summons?

Bain checks the monsters with magery (10) 6, expecting to find traces of magic in the creatures.

By the way, I suggest we hit the first door/vault we left unexplored before "meeting" with the necromancer; looting before potential combat sounds advisable to me.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 01:01 PM   #739
ajardoor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Bain has no way to know if the creatures were magical or not.

Moving on, the adventurers decide to go to that cave with all the severed heads displayed outside.
Bain notices that a previously empty miniature alcove is now filled with the head of a young red-haired woman.

However, as they enter the cave, they immediately notice something is wrong. The smell of death hangs heavily in the air. As they move in further, they realise the feasting area is full of humanoids...zombies! 8 of them!

The undead fiends have not become aware of the party yet, so the adventurers could sneak back out without a fight...or they could try eliminating the zombies...
__________________
My blog: http://tabletoprpg333.home.blog
ajardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 10:21 PM   #740
vicious Violence
 
vicious Violence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: in your heart
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Vic makes a defensive line with Telrith and Elemental. Leaving space for Bain to flank from the side.

Whispers,

Brothers, remember to make space for Bainís arrows, sister stay behind us one yard back, we will keep you safe.
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dfrpg, dungeon fantasy, magic, martial arts, riddle of steel, sharpshooter, sierra hotel adventurers, spells, swordlogic

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.