Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-09-2021, 09:54 AM   #241
Hide

Default Re: DreadStormers (OOC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
As in erasing the record of it going up and down, as in breaking it so it doesn't work, or some other effect?
Either is OK. However, I guess it is more simple if the panel stops working so you cannot pick a floor. Also, that's harder to check; it could be "exipired" buttons, a cable, maybe somebody pressed the panel too hard with their butt. In the end you can call the elevator but it won't go where you need it.
Old 03-22-2021, 03:26 PM   #242
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
So it has. I'm not really sure what situation Daymar finds himself in at the moment. This game hasn't really been holding my interest as much as it did in the early days of the game.

Hey, sorry to hear that. Is there something specific I can switch up, change, or emphasize to help with that?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 07:33 PM   #243
Hide

Surely there will be a lot of action soon, Gnomes.
I think this is the just the calm before the storm.

Pacifica is practically built for combat; with your powers and my skills I have been looking forward to replicate something like Kingsman’s “Church Fight” scene during lunch time!

But I was mentalized to wait for it when I entered the campaign; I am enjoying this “mission-impossible” facet as well.
Old 03-24-2021, 04:18 AM   #244
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Hey, sorry to hear that. Is there something specific I can switch up, change, or emphasize to help with that?
Thank you for reaching out. I'll give this some thought and get back to you.
Old 03-25-2021, 08:32 AM   #245
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

As a note, and perhaps an apology, about five weeks ago my USB drive with all of the setting notes (and a bunch of other gaming stuff) on it was destroyed. I've been trying to recover it, and looking back over that time period I think the "Color" of the game has been damaged because I didn't have access to setting details and I was reluctant to generate new names because I lost the name generator for this game.

I have reread about half the thread rebuilding my notes so far. Its nice to see the color of the early game, I'm rebuilding my database of characters, and I'll have the names and color coming back to the game. I'm hoping this will restore some of the spirit of the game. I'm making other notes and observations as well.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 03-25-2021 at 08:35 AM.
Old 03-25-2021, 05:54 PM   #246
Hide

Hello Erick,

I don’t believe you have to apologize at all.

This is not a traditional RPG where everything is already scripted.
This game is the result of the cooperation of both its players and GM.

At least this is how I feel about this setting of yours. IMO you are an experienced GM that already understands the system, and how things should develop.

The setting also depends on the triggers we pull, the buttons we press and the names we take. And we haven’t taken many names yet, not to mention we have just started pulling triggers and pressing buttons.

On the other hand, this is a genre you can handle smoothly. Losing a USB is just a small drawback, the investment you already did can’t be undone because you got the big picture of it. In other words, this could be a bottleneck, but it is not a systemic failure.

I don’t think you will lose the race because you lost your shoes, you are sound and in shape. Don’t apologize, get a new pair of shoes, and put them to good use!
Old 03-31-2021, 07:50 AM   #247
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
I don’t believe you have to apologize at all.
I don't have to, but its better to apologize too much than not at all.

We're looking around for ways to improve the game. Play by Post is hard, and requires good communication. GMing is weird in that the basic principles are simple, but I have to remember to work at all of them all the time or the game will suffer. This is especially true for Internet groups without other connections.

Quote:
On the other hand, this is a genre you can handle smoothly. Losing a USB is just a small drawback, the investment you already did can’t be undone because you got the big picture of it. In other words, this could be a bottleneck, but it is not a systemic failure.
Yeah, I can recover, but I actually have to recover. I wasn't doing that until Gnomes expressed that he was becoming disengaged, and I was able to analyze why. If you have input for how to improve the game, please say it. Even if its something like "You used to do X, and I'm missing it".

I do think with the new adjustment I'm enjoying the game more.

Old 03-31-2021, 12:29 PM   #248
Hide

I hope you (Gnomes) enjoy the game after passing the feedback, you have been around for a while and surely your mileage will help to pave this game’s experience.

Erick, it is nice to hear you feel better about your campaign!

If game-wise I happen to have comments for any you, I might PM you.

So far, it’s been great to play with you all.
Old 04-13-2021, 04:36 PM   #249
Hide

Things are getting hot with Day and Hua, are they going to be able to wash their hands in time?
Old 04-14-2021, 05:42 PM   #250
Hide

Can Nejora help Pacifica or is Zybo's task "classified"?