Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-25-2021, 06:53 AM   #1
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Default Girl Genius Errata Thread

The PDF is available as a pre-release title: http://www.warehouse23.com/products/...leplaying-game

We're planning a Kickstarter campaign, to launch later, and you can follow the upcoming project here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...token=983137c4

If you have purchased the PDF and happen to notice a mistake when reading, please note the error and page number in this thread. This is only for mistakes. Matters of opinion are unwanted and will be deleted.

We will close the "find that typo!" game on October 4th, 2021.

Thanks for your assistance in chasing down those pesky errors!
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 09:12 AM   #2
Phil Masters

Default Re: Girl Genius Errata Thread

Well, just looking at the Preview PDF at the moment, but "Hysterical Strength" (on p. 136) appears on the Contents Page (p. 6) as "Hyaterical Strength".
My Self-Publications: On Warehouse 23 and On DriveThruRPG.
Phil Masters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 08:25 PM   #3
Fenodoree

On Page 115, the skill 'Gambling' is listed as IQ/AV. I suspect a typo as the categories are supposed to be E, A, H, and VH.

In addition, I notice that the character sheet has a 'Parry' square, Moloch von Zinzer has a 'Parry' stat, but I'm not finding a skill or a sub-stat called "parry' by itself.

I see Parry Missile Weapons.

Am I missing something perhaps, (I tried a search but didn't find anything in the brief time I tried.)
Fenodoree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 02:51 AM   #4
Phantasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenodoree View Post
In addition, I notice that the character sheet has a 'Parry' square, Moloch von Zinzer has a 'Parry' stat, but I'm not finding a skill or a sub-stat called "parry' by itself.

Am I missing something perhaps, (I tried a search but didn't find anything in the brief time I tried.)
I'm pretty sure the Parry listing is for the character's best or most common melee skill.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 03:41 AM   #5
johndallman
Night Watchman

Quote:

In GURPS and Powered by GURPS, you have a separate Parry number for each weapon skill and unarmed combat skill. Each number is based on your skill level, with several potential modifiers. The space on the character sheet is for recording the Parry number you expect to use most often.
johndallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 07:16 AM   #6
Fenodoree

Thank you for the tip! It wasn't clear to me as the character build initially starts with the basic stats, and the basic lift calculations etc., then has the chart for ST, thrust and swing but no mention anywhere in that section about Parry.

Now that you pointed it out, I looked more in the book and found Parry mentioned in the combat section, so it *is* there, just not where I was expecting.

I do wish *all* the listed characters from the books had their point value listed along with the stats. It helps someone who is not so familiar with GURPS (like myself) figure out how those characters were built and get a better feel on how it all comes together. But that's my quibble. :)
Old 08-26-2021, 09:55 AM   #7
ham2anv

Quote:
I do wish *all* the listed characters from the books had their point value listed along with the stats. It helps someone who is not so familiar with GURPS (like myself) figure out how those characters were built and get a better feel on how it all comes together. But that's my quibble. :)

I admit to only skimming the characters, as I'm not familiar with the comic. Which ones are missing point totals?
Old 08-26-2021, 11:42 AM   #8
Fenodoree

It may be intentional, but Almost all in the 'Other characters' section. Jenka seems to be the exception, though her bear matches the rest.
Old 09-01-2021, 12:26 PM   #9
Jon Leonard

Kind of trivial, but on page 29, the verb tenses seem mismatched:

"She soon shoved Othar off the airship for reasons that would be obvious to anyone who has to spend time with him."

Would "has had to spend time with him" be better?
Jon Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 04:16 PM   #10
thorr-kan

P23, column 2, end of 2nd paragraph says: "See Guests of Castle Wulfenbach, p. 18."

The "Guests of Castle Wulfenback" sidebar?/boxed text is p23, bottom of 1st column.

There is no "Guests of Castle Wulfenback" on p18.

Contents correctly lists "Guests of Castle Wulfenback" on p23.

Last edited by thorr-kan; 09-10-2021 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Contents, not Index
thorr-kan is offline   Reply With Quote