Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-22-2021, 02:22 AM   #71
Quinlor

Default Re: Playing GURPS with the help of FoundryVTT

I have just installed FoundryVTT and NaN GGA a few days ago and have been setting up and trying out things since then.

Great work on the Game Aid! Very comfortable and everything works smoothly. Love the On The Fly Button system.

Is there any way to make the FoundyVTT light system work for GURPS, expecially for characters with some level of Night Vision? What can be achived with the token vision setting seem to be very limited.
Old 09-22-2021, 03:38 AM   #72
Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinlor View Post
Is there any way to make the FoundyVTT light system work for GURPS, expecially for characters with some level of Night Vision? What can be achived with the token vision setting seem to be very limited.
There are some modules which might help you achieve what you're after. You will need to work with specific lighting settings and darkness levels in the scene, and token vision as well, but have a look at "Perfect Vision" (read the documentation at https://github.com/dev7355608/perfec...main/README.md)

You can also do things like setting tokens without night vision to something like 0.1 so they effectively have no vision, and then give them a light source (or rely on other light sources), but a character/token with night vision give them a larger vision range so they don't need a light source.
All losses are restored and sorrows end."
Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 05:12 AM   #73
Quinlor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer View Post
There are some modules which might help you achieve what you're after. You will need to work with specific lighting settings and darkness levels in the scene, and token vision as well, but have a look at "Perfect Vision" (read the documentation at https://github.com/dev7355608/perfec...main/README.md)
Thank your, the module sounds quite usefull.

I think all that can be done will be a rough aproximation, because Foundry has only 3 Illumination (and Vision) levels compared to 10 in GPURPs. I will see what I can do with the tools the exists.
Old 09-22-2021, 03:05 PM   #74
Farmer

Quote:
Thank your, the module sounds quite usefull.

I think all that can be done will be a rough aproximation, because Foundry has only 3 Illumination (and Vision) levels compared to 10 in GPURPs. I will see what I can do with the tools the exists.
Yep, it won't do exactly what GURPS does but you should be able to get a feel for it, plus you can do some manual visible/invisible on objects and play around with lighting things (including negative lighting values to make them darker).

The next version https://foundryvtt.com/releases/9.220 talks about some improvements to lighting and vision. I don't think it's going to add all the levels we might want to cover GURPS fully, but it may add some more flexibility, and it should simply look better.
Old 09-23-2021, 03:10 PM   #75
AOTA

Quote:
Thought I'd post up about the other modules I'm using with GGA in case it interests or helps others:

Dice So Nice! (and Nice More Dice)
Pings
FXMaster
PopOut!
Initiative Double Click
Universal Battlemap Importer
Ambient Doors
Drag Ruler
Wall Height
PDFoundry
Simplefog
Monk's Little Details
Hide GM Rolls
DF Curvy Walls
Stairways (Teleporter)
Better Target
Minimal UI
Lichtgeschwindikeit (Lightspeed) (may not be needed with the next release version of FVTT)
Combat Tracker Effect Icon Tooltips
Wall Cutter
Shared Vision
FoundryVTT Arms Reach
Bar Brawl
DF Active Lights
Ping Logger
DiscordConnect

Some of them are apparent by title what they might do, others not so, but have a look and see if they might help you. They all seem to work well with GGA!
Thanks for the list. Just getting started with Foundry VTT and the GURPS world module. Nice to see what others are using.
Mib#3477
Formally Bobzilla
GURPS Checker for Prime Directive
AOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 09:09 PM   #76
Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTA View Post
Thanks for the list. Just getting started with Foundry VTT and the GURPS world module. Nice to see what others are using.
Cool. I'm hopeful that if others have recommendations they might post them, too (there are so many, it's hard to go through them all looking for things that might help).
Old 09-24-2021, 10:53 AM   #77
Quinlor

Quote:
Cool. I'm hopeful that if others have recommendations they might post them, too (there are so many, it's hard to go through them all looking for things that might help).
I found your list very helpfull. I am still in the process of findin out what works for me and what not; so I can not contribute much.

One module I like is Token Tooltip Alt with the configuration linked in the GGA user manual.
Old 09-24-2021, 09:29 PM   #78
Farmer

Quote:
One module I like is Token Tooltip Alt with the configuration linked in the GGA user manual.
Thanks! That's something I'd tried with a different module, or maybe even that one, without realising there was a config provided in the GGA manual - awesome.
Old 10-07-2021, 03:56 PM   #79
Nose66

We just released v0.11.8 of the Nick and Nose GURPS Game Aid: https://foundryvtt.com/packages/gurps
Release video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA19C8KuXHY

Sorry for the long delay. I spent the summer traveling (not all of it for pleasure) and when I got back and ready to start working again... my computer's motherboard went up in smoke.

We are coming up on a year of development for the NaN GGA... the first code commit was 10/21/20 and the first public release (v0.5.0) was 10/30/20. A lot has changed in a year ;-)
Nose66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 06:56 PM   #80
Farmer

Sorry to hear about your motherboard :(

Thank you for the updated release and the year of work! :-)

Interestingly, after the update a couple of my characters can no longer open their character sheets (but others can). Going to try re-importing and see how it goes - if it's still a bug will head to GitHub.

Also, script macros won't run for players - only for GM (all permissions checked both settings and individual macros). Again, will test a bit more with the update and then GitHub bug if I can't resolve it.