Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-07-2022, 09:19 AM   #11
Fred Brackin

Default Re: tweaking Warp to represent Naruto's Body Replacement Technique (Kawarimi no Jutsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
why they have to leave something behind). "
In the area of ninja magic I believe that the object disguising element is what's usually called "Transformation Jutsu" where the ninja makes himself or an object look like something else. The puff of smoke produced is very like what you see when one of Naruto's "Shadow Clones" takes a hard hit.

"General" illusions are described as "Genjutsu" and appear to be like delusions hypnotically imposed upon the viewer. If you had a genjutsu going on an attacker you could make them see anything you wanted but you'd have to set it up beforehand.

I'm not sure how durable the conjured logs or other elemental matter actually are. It survives the hit even when the Transformation vanishes in a puff of smoke but you don't usually see them littering the battlefield after that action scene is over.

It's quirky and I wouldn't sweat it too much. It's part of the special effects.

Tags
body replacement, naruto, substitution jutsu, technique, warp