Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 06-24-2021, 08:21 AM   #741
TGLS

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Thibi says Hua could have been gone for longer: 30 minutes isn't much time. perhaps the "officer" could only spare a few moments?

Go ahead and try to spin a better story.
I'll try to persuade Thibi the relationship with the "officer" is falling apart. Botha was too much of a stick in the mud to give me anytime for a rendezvous. Then she up and got me arrested and now he hardly wants to see me anymore. Or maybe I'm just cold and that's why all my relationships fall apart. etc.

I'll make an acting roll to sell this:
Quote:
[501] 21-06-24 16:20:24 CEST
Acting
3d6 <= 16 : 3 + 6 + 5 = 14 ... success
By 3...

Quote:
a powder with a big red warning label on it
What's it say? Just "very hazardous"?

Last edited by TGLS; 06-24-2021 at 10:28 AM.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 02:27 PM   #742
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
No, Chiki is on third shift, Pacifica is on second. Chiki is currently working.

sneaking into sleeping areas is a little tricky. You are walking into a very quiet room of 26 people who are supposed to be asleep: in practice, someone is usually awake, trying to fall asleep, worried about something, or has just finished going to the bathroom. Its dark, but these people all know each other. An ordinary stealth check should suffice. If you get caught, you'll be in big trouble because you're obviously not supposed to be there (as opposed to the folks who were sneaking out).

walking into her work place is a little odd: you've got multiple sections in that room and its one of the reliable places to run into officers. You could just walk in, say something to her, and walk out, but she might be asked who you were, and that could cause issue if she has a terrible answer.

Catching her off-hours is not difficult and doesn't raise comment, expect that you might not know where she is. The time when she is most predictable and easy to approach without comment is meal-time. You'll want a buddy of some sort for that.

So you have options. Let me know which one you pick.
Catching Chiki at meal-time sounds like the best option. Does Day know which mess she uses? What does he need to do to make this happen?
Old 06-25-2021, 07:49 AM   #743
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I'll try to persuade Thibi the relationship with the "officer" is falling apart. Botha was too much of a stick in the mud to give me anytime for a rendezvous. Then she up and got me arrested and now he hardly wants to see me anymore. Or maybe I'm just cold and that's why all my relationships fall apart. etc.
Thibi is sympathetic, assures Hua she's not just cold and its not like that, and marvels at how rough Botha must have been. Thibi doesn't seem convinced that the object of affections is an officer, but enough doubt is sowed that she asks which one.

Quote:
What's it say? Just "very hazardous"?
Contains monoyithlidethaline. Measure bodymass and metabolic rate before administering. Administer only by designated medical professional. Get immediate medical help if accidentally ingested, induce vomiting, and administer CPR if necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Catching Chiki at meal-time sounds like the best option. Does Day know which mess she uses? What does he need to do to make this happen?
Pacifica would have passed mess location onto day.

Daymar needs to get to the mess with a buddy of some sort during meal time, something to do to explain his presence (which can be as simple as looking for a friend), and an opportunity to touch Chiki. She has breakfast right after he goes to sleep, lunch in the middle of his sleep, and dinner as he is just starting work.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 08:21 AM   #744
TGLS

Quote:
Thibi is sympathetic, assures Hua she's not just cold and its not like that, and marvels at how rough Botha must have been. Thibi doesn't seem convinced that the object of affections is an officer, but enough doubt is sowed that she asks which one.
I know the first names of the officer's we subverted right? I'll give her the first name of whichever subverted officer is the most plausible.
Old 06-25-2021, 08:25 AM   #745
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I know the first names of the officer's we subverted right? I'll give her the first name of whichever subverted officer is the most plausible.

pick a name and they'll become most plausible.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 06-25-2021, 08:32 AM   #746
TGLS

Quote:
pick a name and they'll become most plausible.
OK, I'll go with Chojo. I think that's a matching shift, but wasn't sure if that made the most sense.
Old 06-25-2021, 09:08 AM   #747
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

How do each of you react to the ruckus when the ship drops out of hyperspace?

Chojo it is. Tovotoni Chojo.

Note: Pacifica had a segment (scheduled to happen very soon, actually), where she adressed Chojo as though he were in her chain of command. Vinobi is the officer who is also in navigation... though he doesn't work at the same time as pacifica. Vinobi will probably be in the room right when the shifts change though.

Let me know if that changes anything.

Old 06-25-2021, 09:20 AM   #748
TGLS

Quote:
Right. I'll complain about being woken up and wonder aloud what Transport supposed to do about an unscheduled drop out of hyperspace. Then back to bed; if it's a long day tomorrow I'll need more rest.
Old 06-25-2021, 01:12 PM   #749
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Daymar needs to get to the mess with a buddy of some sort during meal time, something to do to explain his presence (which can be as simple as looking for a friend), and an opportunity to touch Chiki. She has breakfast right after he goes to sleep, lunch in the middle of his sleep, and dinner as he is just starting work.
Day's plan is to rouse Pothi early and try to catch Chiki while she's having dinner. "Pothi, a little bird told me that there's someone who is interested in you. Let's go check her out before our shift starts."

Quote:
What is the timing of dropping out of hyperspace? Whenever it occurs, Daymar will grouse to Pothi, "This wasn't planned, I think we're going to be busy until this can be fixed."
Old 06-25-2021, 06:13 PM   #750
Hide

Quote:
How do each of you react to the ruckus when the ship drops out of hyperspace? (...)
So, the ship dropped out before Day took actions against the hyper-drives?

What are the other people doing?
Pacifica may react like the rest of the people in the ship do.

But it depends on the things happening at such moment.