Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Old 10-08-2021, 09:09 AM   #21
Magesmiley

Default Re: Double Ace Unboxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianargent View Post
I'm trying to figure out if I actually ordered the add-on miniatures or not. I'm assuming I didn't based on my pledge manager page, but I was (pleasantly) surprised when I got 3 playmats, no 2, because my pledge manager page didn't say I had.
(And I'm all but positive I would have ordered EVERYTHING if I had seen them as options)
Playmat 2 was part of the Double Ace Upgrade, so if you selected that add-on, that's where it came from.

Watch your handling and remember to Drive Offensively!
Magesmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 09:36 AM   #22
Tony of TTT

Query for those who have actually got their Double ace box.

Does the rule box have 1 set of the really thick card stuff (wreck, wall, barrier & 2 barrels) or two ?

The rules contents list and the box exterior say there should be two of those sets but the video unboxing and the displayed contents on the pre-order page only seem to show one set.
Tony of TTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 10:28 AM   #23
Magesmiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony of TTT View Post

Does the rule box have 1 set of the really thick card stuff (wreck, wall, barrier & 2 barrels) or two ?

The rules contents list and the box exterior say there should be two of those sets but the video unboxing and the displayed contents on the pre-order page only seem to show one set.
You're right. I didn't notice that. I only have one also.

Watch your handling and remember to Drive Offensively!
Magesmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 10:45 AM   #24
kjamma4

Got the text from Fed Ex five minutes ago - had the wife take some pictures and send to me.

Glad I'm leaving early today!!!!
kjamma4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 01:03 PM   #25
griffon8

Quote:
Originally Posted by corwyn View Post
Plan may completely fall apart once I see the cube in person.
I look forward to learning if that works, but your last line reminds me of the bit about "no plan survives contact with the enemy", which I'm sure was intentional. ;-)

Good luck.
Old 10-08-2021, 02:56 PM   #26
JoeHartley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony of TTT View Post

In the thick cardboard, I have a single wreck, 2 barrier tokens (one with red & yellow stripes and one with green & yellow), and two round tokens that are probably barrels with a feather and an eye next to a red dot. I think we're all short a few tokens.
JoeHartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 03:27 PM   #27
Tony of TTT

I suspect that these were originally intended to be 1 per box of miniatures but ended up being 1 per rules box. Looking back at earlier issues with the numbers of these tokens I do think the intention was to have 2 sets of these in the 4 player set but something has not gone to plan.
Tony of TTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 04:42 PM   #28
JimTullis

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeHartley View Post
In the thick cardboard, I have a single wreck, 2 barrier tokens (one with red & yellow stripes and one with green & yellow), and two round tokens that are probably barrels with a feather and an eye next to a red dot. I think we're all short a few tokens.
The rulebook contents lists don't differentiate between barriers and walls, but the outside of the box does. The rules say walls have the wall icon but don't have any call-out for barriers. Red is the wall, green is the barrier.

Also, since a barrier counts as a heavy obstacle i believe it can be pushed.
JimTullis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 05:19 PM   #29
kbs666

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffon8 View Post
I look forward to learning if that works, but your last line reminds me of the bit about "no plan survives contact with the enemy", which I'm sure was intentional. ;-)

Good luck.
Just got mine open and am pleasantly surprised at how much the cube contains. I am at a complete loss at how I'm ever going to move it all.

Right now the minis are in my pile of shame, the Clans just invaded so there is a bit of a back log. But 22 minis is a big move for this game I think. I think most will stay at home and I'll just take a handful to games.

The cards are too small for any sleeves or any of the other card products I currently own. Are they Munchkin sized? I don't play that so don't know. If anyone knows what product size they fit it would be great to know. Once I find sleeves etc. I'll figure that part out.

The tokens, dials, bases etc. I'll get some some tray with a secure lid.

The road tiles will need a box that is their size so they don't move around. That is going to be tricky. Might have to print a bracket to hold them in place.

But then I'll need a case to hold everything. And then tubes for the playmats, when they show up.

BTW anyone in Chicagoland looking to play sometime soon?
kbs666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 06:43 PM   #30
corwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffon8 View Post

Good luck.
Yeah, it was. I've seen the components list, of course, but I won't really know what will fit where until I have it in my grubby little hands. Then I'll shop around in game and craft stores to find something of size. The discord has some good ideas for storage.

Playing: GURPS Nordlond Dragons of Hosgarth
Running Savage Worlds Tour of Darkness (Vietnam + Mythos)
corwyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
6th edition, car wars, unboxing