Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-20-2016, 04:57 AM   #21
Tomsdad

Default Re: Snakes and Size Modifier

Honestly I think trying to reference food consumption into the SM system is a bad idea on any other than the most simplistic or like for like comparisons.

There are far, far, far more relevant variables in terms of what an organism need to consume, that will generally speaking completely overwhelm the SM scale.
Tomsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 05:25 AM   #22
Ji ji

There are aspects of reality more or less important to gaming. I can bear an SM system that sometimes doesn't scale well with calories consumption, if the modifier is consistent, relevant an playable with regard to more important issues.
Ji ji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 08:32 AM   #23
Ulzgoroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
While true, they tend to be fairly closely correlated.
Somewhat, but you're specifically looking at a case of major shape divergence, which is where they're not.
Old 04-20-2016, 10:20 AM   #24
Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
In R.A.W. SM is about longest dimension with a slight adjustment for unusual shapes.
And my comment, that you were responding to, was not about RAW, so why are you even talking about that?

FWIW, basing food consumption on SM is dumb anyway; BL with an adjustment for Move is probably the closest to reasonable.
Old 04-20-2016, 07:35 PM   #25
Bicorn

Quote:
FWIW, basing food consumption on SM is dumb anyway; BL with an adjustment for Move is probably the closest to reasonable.
Would you have a suggestion for a specific formula? Not that it's likely one will be needed in actual play, but it'd be neat to have one anyway.
Bicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 04:00 AM   #26
Flyndaran
Untagged

Quote:
And my comment, that you were responding to, was not about RAW, so why are you even talking about that?

I would say just basic Strength adjusted for Speed not Move. It's not what you can do, but metabolically must do, that would matter most over day(s) calorically.

Tags
size modifier