Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 08-22-2011, 03:42 PM   #1
Fred Brackin

Default I love it when a plan comes together

I had one of those moments Saturday when something I'd been planning for a long time finally worked out accorduing to spec. More than a year since I saw the possibility.

We're finishing off our Pathfinder/Second Darkness campaign which has been running for 20 sessions over 20 months.

We arrive aerially over the Temple of Big-Bad Magic (which is in a series of extremely large caverns) and there in front are 3 dozen Drow guarding the front entrance. Excellent.

So we land our flying chariot and advance upon them. My character (a 15th Rogue) uses his recently found Wand of Greater Invisibility and then moves into the center of the mass. Our spellcaster does Haste just before this.

Next round the rest of the group moves in and attacks. The Dwarf Ranger manages to get himself surrounded too. The drow respond and I ask "How many of them are leaving squares which I threaten?".

The answer turns out to be 8 and i say 'Excellent. That's how many Attacks of Opportunity my Combat Reflexes gives me.". Luckily I don't miss any and what the Sneak attack daamnge doesn't finish off the Bleed does..

Then it's our turn and the Ranger turns out to have Great Cleave. :)

I ask, "How many can I reach from my current position with a 5 foot step?" The answer turns out to be 5 which was a shame as it left my last regular attack unused.

Then the Drow turn and run and set off 6 more AoAs just from my character. None escaped. :)

All in all, the most _efficiently_ unfair fight I've ever been in which is how my Rogue likes it.

So, any plans come together for the rest of you?
Old 08-22-2011, 05:46 PM   #2
D10

Location: In Rio de Janeiro, where it was cyberpunk before it was cool.
Default Re: I love it when a plan comes together

Well once i was coming in the bad end of a fight and this action was my last before i got attcked by the hydra a ton of times, and my plan was that my dwarf's god would save him since I was young and naive i thought the GM wouldnt kill me, even so I felt i had to earn it

so before the roll I screamed "For Malahar" knowing it was do or die, it had to be a crit and i was using Great axe (only 20)

And I got my friggin 20! After that point my character became religious :)
D10 is offline   Reply With Quote