Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 07-05-2021, 06:12 AM   #51
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I can make it to the mountain. If there was such a locale on Aquas, I'd prefer that. The island won't really do given chartering a boat would be necessary.
There is not such a location on Aquas. The islands with portals are very much inhabited and firmly under the control of one camp or the other.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 03:08 PM   #52
the_matrix_walker

"My preference for a meeting place if there is trouble was chosen for to combination of a remote location away from prying eyes, and more importantly, that it is is the domain of Moratus Ingelni, the most neutral of the governors, who seems to be the most open-minded and solution-oriented, and thus the most likely to cooperate with us if we are discovered. "

Spoiler:  
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 04:23 PM   #53
TGLS

Well, as I said, I can make it to the mountain on Monstri. I'm just not sure how much more difficult Lithus -> Monstri would be. How far is the mountain from the portal anyway?
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 08:29 AM   #54
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The chosen mountain is 10 miles from the portal as the crow flies, 20 miles of driving and 5 miles of hiking (or 15 miles of hiking) if you can't fly. We can go farther out if you want, but I think you want something convenient but still remote.

Making the actual connections between worlds? Its not too hard. Any world can get to any other: the hardest part will be getting from one side of one world to the other: each portal location only connects two specific spots on two specific worlds together. So to get the the rendezvous you'll need to travel across a continent or two: the portals that connected Lithus and the capital are either destroyed, battle grounds, or besieged beach-heads.

Mono-wire isn't available, but superfine blades are. Its suggested that a saber will fit in best.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 07-06-2021, 09:16 AM   #55
TGLS

So 1 day return trip if it counts as bad terrain, about three days if it counts as very bad terrain. Twice as much time if it's rainy; it isn't winter on Monstri by any chance?
Old 07-06-2021, 09:20 AM   #56
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
So 1 day return trip if it counts as bad terrain, about three days if it counts as very bad terrain. Twice as much time if it's rainy; it isn't winter on Monstri by any chance?

Its summer in that area. (winter in a different one)

Old 07-08-2021, 07:55 AM   #57
TGLS

OK, I guess we have a fix on the location; maybe I could hitchhike to get to the five miles out location?

I'll begin to make preparations to leave, and suggest that V maybe could look into seeing if there are any animals that get to roam freely around the palace, similar to the Hermitage cats.
Old 07-08-2021, 06:58 PM   #58
the_matrix_walker

We can pick a spot where Vassarious has to do most of the travelling... They can always take a quick flying form.

They will see what animals are common to the area.
Old 07-12-2021, 09:10 AM   #59
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
We can pick a spot where Vassarious has to do most of the travelling... They can always take a quick flying form.
That would be in a big city

Quote:
I'll begin to make preparations to leave, and suggest that V maybe could look into seeing if there are any animals that get to roam freely around the palace, similar to the Hermitage cats.
Quote:
They will see what animals are common to the area.
In Maximus's tomb, its mostly urban birds... especially doves. They don't generally go inside, but the construction is largely open concept and uses a lot of natural sunlight lighting... it was designed at TL4-ish.

Other settings have different populations. Monstri is explicitly an ice-age world, with mammoths, ground sloths, oversized deer, and woolly rhinoceros. Aquas has a more exotic animal set, with lots of big birds and fish. Lithus is very reptilian, but nothing is as big as Monstri, just lots of Kommodo dragon sized lizards and small pterosaurs. Arthus is very close to earth.

I think we're ready to drop you each off?

Old 07-12-2021, 02:41 PM   #60
the_matrix_walker

Spoiler:  

V is ready to go, unless it seems that their culture indicates they would be better received as a male, then they might want to shapeshift first.