Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 01-03-2022, 08:35 AM   #361
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
((Do a few seconds elapse, or is this simultaneous with the shapeshifting success?))

Vassarious holds their position ((Wait-Attack target if it presents itself) while they complete their change unless an opponent comes into their view. Should one of them present themselves where they can be targetted, Vassarious will throw two handfuls of blades, targetting unarmored areas, the preferred target being the weapon arm or hand if exposed.

((DWA-Throwing Art, RoF 3 per hand))

Once the change is complete, Vassarious flows into a floor vent and uses the ducts to slip out of the building and stealth away.

Two seconds of fight will occur before the change occurs. The first attack will take supression fire from five yards away at ROF 10.

The first attack results in the bird shooting high, and dodging the projectiles very narrowly. (2 hits on the first attack, followed by just enough dodge. The second attack went wide... rolled a 16)0.

There are three birds with guns that V can see, and they're all aware of V's exact position now. Will V make the second attack, or just wait for the change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I'll look around to see if he's left his wallet on a nightstand or something. Is there a desk in here, or would he have a dedicated study. I suppose he's sleeping alone? Does it look like this is the largest bedroom? I slip out into the hallway.

His wallet and phone are out on his nightstand. There is no desk here... its a single man in an oversized house, so presumably there is a study somewhere. This does look like the largest bedroom. The house is quite large, though Halcyone has seen much much more ornate stuff.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 09:11 AM   #362
the_matrix_walker

Vassarious will all out defend rather than attack for the last second before the change.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 09:25 AM   #363
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Vassarious will all out defend rather than attack for the last second before the change.

No bullets fly... they must be watching for V. V notices that the earpiece has gone quiet. And then V blurs into a fog and makes for a vent. If the building was in proper repair, the ventilation system would have been difficult to escape. due to fans and keeping the building pressurized.

Its a derlict shop in a run-down part of town. Vassarious encounters no such difficulties, and they exit the building without any more trouble.

Next time they transform into a body that uses a phone, they will get Halcyone's message. They will also get a message from their underworld contact, showing security footage of the fight with Retifurus and asking "is this you?"

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 01-03-2022, 09:59 AM   #364
the_matrix_walker

Vassairious flies up high into the night sky and takes on the form closer to the one they arrived in on this world at, 10,000 feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Next time they transform into a body that uses a phone, they will get Halcyone's message. They will also get a message from their underworld contact, showing security footage of the fight with Retifurus and asking "is this you?"
Assuming this does appear from the angles and obstructions to be "security footage" and not a hidden camera planted in the ally...

Vassarious curses... They will not reach out to the contact. V finds it highly suspect that the contact could have this footage mere moments after it occurred and that the opposition was able to locate them and get into position in four minutes after their shapechange in a city this size.

Vassarious opens the cell phone and tries to call Halcyone.
Old 01-03-2022, 10:25 AM   #365
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Assuming this does appear from the angles and obstructions to be "security footage" and not a hidden camera planted in the ally...

This is security footage.. <quiet GM chuckling>.

Old 01-03-2022, 11:56 AM   #366
TGLS

Quote:
Vassarious opens the cell phone and tries to call Halcyone.
Past Halcyone is... Uh, I guess this would be after I got the drop phone but before I got in the cab. And V's whole fight sequence happened at night... I'll say that Halcyone took time to sleep before the casing action the next day.

I wake up and answer the phone.
"What's up? Did you get my message about what Maximus can detect?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
His wallet and phone are out on his nightstand. There is no desk here... its a single man in an oversized house, so presumably there is a study somewhere. This does look like the largest bedroom. The house is quite large, though Halcyone has seen much much more ornate stuff.
Future Halcyone wonders why she was checking messages earlier.

I check if his phone is unlocked, and if not, if his alarm is set on his phone. I'll check his wallet if his entry badge is in there.

--

I suppose we should deal with Past Halcyone first.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 12:16 PM   #367
the_matrix_walker

"I did, thank you. More than that, they even knew what form I was trying to take when I failed to make a transformation, so this is deeper divination than knowing a location or simply observing us. Their forces can be on you quickly, I made a change and they were able to mobilize and close on my position in a vast city in a matter of minutes... though they may have been in the area, I had made a change several hours previously about a half-mile from there.

I'm afraid I have yet to obtain your identity and resources. From the information available, the contact may have been burned. When I can access my laptop, I will take measures to ensure safe communication and follow-up."
Old 01-03-2022, 12:45 PM   #368
TGLS

Quote:
"I did, thank you. More than that, they even knew what form I was trying to take when I failed to make a transformation, so this is deeper divination than knowing a location or simply observing us."
"I guess that means that Maximus would know that we're trying to change his pattern, given the pictures we sent and all."

Quote:
"I'm afraid I have yet to obtain your identity and resources. From the information available, the contact may have been burned."
"Well I'm already in Arthus. Army flew me in while I pretended to be Kunnifax. Clearly I'm doing an OK job keeping hidden or Maximus has a thing for tentacled girls."

Quote:
"When I can access my laptop, I will take measures to ensure safe communication and follow-up."
"Once you're satisfied communications are safe, let's arrange a meetup."

And suddenly Future Halcyone remembered what message she was waiting for.
Old 01-03-2022, 01:55 PM   #369
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
"I guess that means that Maximus would know that we're trying to change his pattern, given the pictures we sent and all."
"It's very possible. It is also possible he is able to track the otherworldly communication locations but not their content, but not our use of their local networks... Unfortunately, we have no way of knowing.

Quote:
"Well I'm already in Arthus. Army flew me in while I pretended to be Kunnifax. Clearly I'm doing an OK job keeping hidden or Maximus has a thing for tentacled girls."
You are a creature of science and I of magic. Seeing Maximus' power of divination, I find it surprising he can only locate me when I alter my form. He was previously unaware of my kind, so that may soon change.

Quote:

"Once you're satisfied communications are safe, let's arrange a meetup."
"We can take some additional precautions, but there are none that will satisfy me that it is safe. All we can do is what we can and hope for the best."

OOC: Did we pick a rendezvous point on this world near the capitol or temple? If we did, how far is it? and if so, Vassarious will say:

"Meet me at the closest rendezvous point in..." insert a reasonable number of "...Hours"
Old 01-03-2022, 02:45 PM   #370
TGLS

Quote:
OOC: Did we pick a rendezvous point on this world near the capitol or temple? If we did, how far is it?
OOC: The only rendezvous point I recall we picked was a mountain on Monstri, which would be a rather silly. We might as well go to the Monstri gate. Maybe we could have retroactively arranged a meetup point or just arrange one now?