Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Board and Dice Games

Old 10-08-2019, 12:23 AM   #1
ColinK

Default Digital Gaming Board

This will be a much bigger discussion about two years from now.

Today, however, we will soon be able to look at a Kickstarter that is testing one fascinating future online or local gaming technology.

https://venturebeat.com/2019/09/12/g...p-board-games/

I've been hoping for something like this...many years now. Best of luck to the developers, turning their idea into a business.

Whether or not this particular techie toy is the one I eventually use, who can say? I definitely want these capabilities, and they sure seem like a good fit for many Steve Jackson Games products.

Sure hope the cost goes down so more people will consider trying it.

Last edited by ColinK; 10-08-2019 at 12:28 AM.
ColinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 11:37 AM   #2
mook

Default Re: Digital Gaming Board

Not sure this is the appropriate forum for this, but anyone interested in that would likely be interested in this KS as well (I have no investment myself, the linked article just reminded me of it).
mook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 05:16 PM   #3
RogerBW

There's also "Teburu", with CMON putting their existing games library behind it. Seems like a good match to the platform: you get miniatures to look at, and the rules can get arbitrarily complex with an app running the game.

https://www.cmon.com/news/teburu-a-n...in-board-games via https://www.shutupandsitdown.com/games-news-22-07-19/

(Personally I like to play a boardgame or a computer game. But lots of people seem to like these things.)
RogerBW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 12:30 AM   #4
ColinK

Thanks! Those look like more great options for online multiplayer tabletop gaming, the holovision system especially, Mook. I'm really looking forward to trying something like that with my brother in Spokane to play some Melee and Wizard.

Last edited by ColinK; 10-09-2019 at 12:33 AM.
ColinK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
computer gaming, digital, online