Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-08-2012, 04:10 PM   #1
tantric
Banned

Default Some Yokai (Japanese Goblins)

I wanted to have this done before Halloween, but things came up. It's VERY rough, and I'm sure I did lots wrong in the modeling. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Notes: I left out Kitsune, Tanuki, Oni and Tengu. The first two I want to put more effort into, and the last are more a class of beings and will have their own section. Also, I changed Hone-onna to be genderless, and I'm not sure if I got the reading right. I *think* it should be Hone-bito (hito), not Hone-jin, but please correct me if I'm wrong. I also didn't detail the Kamaitachi's attack like I should have, and it's my favorite race (who wouldn't want to play a whirlwind of weasels?)

Anyway, here goes:

Yokai PDF

Last edited by tantric; 11-10-2012 at 03:08 PM.
tantric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:48 PM   #2
Fridge Logic Magnet

Default Re: Some Yokai (Japanese Goblins)

I love yokai (I'm a big ge ge ge no kitaro fan). I will put this to use...
Fridge Logic Magnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:58 PM   #3
tantric
Banned

I think the PDF is visually appealing, but the mechanics need some work, and there should be more flavor text. Please include me if you develop it further or have any additions. It so needs Kitsune. And the ghost that has an eye in its butt. Can't skip that.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:22 AM   #4
Astromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric View Post
I wanted to have this done before Halloween, but things came up. It's VERY rough, and I'm sure I did lots wrong in the modeling. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Notes: I left out Kitsune, Tanuki, Oni and Tengu. The first two I want to put more effort into, and the last are more a class of beings and will have their own section. Also, I changed Hone-onna to be genderless, and I'm not sure if I got the reading right. I *think* it should be Hone-bito (hito), not Hone-jin, but please correct me if I'm wrong. I also didn't detail the Kamaitachi's attack like I should have, and it's my favorite race (who wouldn't want to play a whirlwind of weasels?)

Anyway, here goes:

Yokai.pdf
That's fun. Keep this up!

Ancora Imparo
Astromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:05 PM   #5
simply Nathan
formerly known as 'Kenneth Latrans'

Tanuki is my favorite fictional non-human of all time, so I'm waiting for that to comment on. But so far I'll say this was a very good idea and will probably save me some work when I start making my monster manual.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #6
Dammann

Very nice! Your choice of art is excellent. There are a few typos, but nothing major.
Dammann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:27 AM   #7
tantric
Banned

If y'all find anything, even typos, please PM. I want to polish this and add it to my sig. I'm currently working on a similar document for shape-shifters.

Also, thoughts on how to handle Oni and Tengu, which are much more variable.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:39 AM   #8
Dammann

I'd do those with lenses for different varieties of oni. Tengu are different enough in different sources that it may be tough to make a universal tengu.
Dammann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:36 AM   #9
tantric
Banned

Okay, y'all, I added Kitsune and Tanuki. I tacked them on the end of the PDF 'cause I didn't feel like rearranging all the layout. I expect some disagreements as to my interpretations of the two. Comments are welcome. Now, someone, please tell me why only the i key won't shift into capital? IIIII that's just weird. Perhaps my computer has been secretly replaced by an obscure species of canine with an enormous ball-sack....

Tags
japan