Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 05-23-2022, 05:17 AM   #1401
ajardoor

Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Still working on it. They've sent me multiple possible characters and I've sent feedback.
Old 05-25-2022, 06:34 AM   #1402
ajardoor

Players, what new character would you like in the party; a barbarian, a wizard or a skirmisher?

The Barbarian is good with surviving outside, strong (ST 14) and Tough (tough skin DR 3) and a berserker. He has his families heirloom weapon and shield, the weapon is a mace with an axe head on one side called "M.axe". The shield has no name but it is made out of dwavern steel with a spiked horn. In a fight he can go berserk instantly, making shield slams within a step of his foes as if he ran full speed and almost always knocking them down.

The Wizard dreams of becoming the best wizard, though he lacks in magic other than buffing spells. He is good at boxing which is added by his magical metal boxing gloves that act as power items for him (11 FP!) on top of his ER and FP.

The Skirmisher is a martial artist in training, though at this point the training consist of getting better with his spear which is unbreakable. He is very good with it, changing from a one handed grip to two hands or defensive with ease, changing reach in a blink of the eye, moving from a spear stance to a staff stance too. All while being able to hit for massive damage compared to his size.
Old 05-26-2022, 11:05 AM   #1403
vicious Violence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajardoor View Post
Players, what new character would you like in the party; a barbarian, a wizard or a skirmisher?

The Barbarian is good with surviving outside, strong (ST 14) and Tough (tough skin DR 3) and a berserker. He has his families heirloom weapon and shield, the weapon is a mace with an axe head on one side called "M.axe". The shield has no name but it is made out of dwavern steel with a spiked horn. In a fight he can go berserk instantly, making shield slams within a step of his foes as if he ran full speed and almost always knocking them down.

The Wizard dreams of becoming the best wizard, though he lacks in magic other than buffing spells. He is good at boxing which is added by his magical metal boxing gloves that act as power items for him (11 FP!) on top of his ER and FP.

The Skirmisher is a martial artist in training, though at this point the training consist of getting better with his spear which is unbreakable. He is very good with it, changing from a one handed grip to two hands or defensive with ease, changing reach in a blink of the eye, moving from a spear stance to a staff stance too. All while being able to hit for massive damage compared to his size.
I think I would enjoy the Wizard more, I like it when the players can synergize.
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 08:33 PM   #1404
zoncxs

Hi all, I am the up coming player with the three personali- I mean characters.

Survival wise, The outdoorsman Barbarian (lets rename him Berserker Tank) out does the other 2 with actual outdoorsman advantage.

Combat wise, The Berserker Tank and Spearman (DPS Skirmisher) are on par, Tank can take hits (DR 5) and block very well (Block 12, dodge 11, parry 12) while hitting above average, no targeted hits unless its a guarantee (AoADet), but if he does land a hit on an average person, they going down. If he slams, They will get knocked down. He gets +4 to his damage for shield rush rolls while his target gets -2 due to DB.

The Spearman though, Def doing targeted hits and landing them. Parry 14 with the staff skill (15 with defensive grip) And he can hit HARDER than the Berserker.

The Buffer has decent Boxing Skill (parry 10) but he is paper, going down if a hit lands on him, BUT if he is able to buff himself first then he can hold his own against the other 2.

Another point for the Berserker is that it is really good at singing.
zoncxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 01:16 AM   #1405
Hide

WOW dude is great having you in this game! When will you join the IC? I was looking forward to playing with you.
Old 05-30-2022, 05:13 AM   #1406
ajardoor

Well, he's still choosing what to play...
Old 05-31-2022, 03:55 PM   #1407
zoncxs

I'll go with the Wizard that can buff people. I am cleaning him up and adding backstory now.
Old 06-02-2022, 11:30 AM   #1408
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

are we waiting for Zoncxs?

I think its bain's turn?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 10:58 AM   #1409
ajardoor

Combat has not started yet. Anyone who wants to act can do so, and break the standoff.

Kinclad, the new PC, has joined the party.
Old 06-03-2022, 12:09 PM   #1410
zoncxs

What should I use for dice rolling?

Tags
dfrpg, dungeon fantasy, fantasy, magic, martial arts