Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Transhuman Space

Old 04-09-2023, 06:23 PM   #1
DAT

Default Bioroid for PLAN-SF Elite 67th Space Infantry Division

What would be a good bioroid type for the PLAN-SF elite 67th Space Infantry Division assigned to Mars?

I thought I have read somewhere that there was a ZR-# version of a combat bioroid adapted for Mars, but I can't seem to find it now.

I can throw Mars-Adapted on a Felicia, Spartan, or Chronos, but was looking for one with an existing backstory if possible.

The background is a squad of soldiers are being sent to investigate some strange electromagnetic readings on Mars surface that PLAN-SF leadership at Phobos HQ believe might be some sort of US Army infiltration or USAF spy equipment.
DAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 08:39 PM   #2
Fred Brackin

Default Re: Bioroid for PLAN-SF Elite 67th Space Infantry Division

I have no hard data for you but if this happend when i was GM'ing the Chinese bioroid would be a Type 9.

Why yes, I have been waiting a long time to make that joke. Yes, ever since the first time I heard the silliness of the People's Liberation Army Navy.
Old 04-10-2023, 08:56 AM   #3
Dominator

At the bottom of pg 117 in the main THS book there is a note on the ZR-3 modified for Mars operation.
Old 04-10-2023, 10:09 AM   #4
Phil Masters

The ZR-3 is a Mars-adapted bioroid design (4e stats in Changing Times, p. 49), and canonically sees military service. It's a fairly early model, and hence is a little short on combat features, but with DX+1 and HT+2 plus Attentive, it'd be a pretty decent garrison soldier; strap it into power armour with adequate training and some experience, and it'd pass as adequately elite.

The Chronos is designed to live off the land, which doesn't really work on Mars, and is too much of a PR bad dream to see much service in major powers' forced. The Felicia is a flashy indulgence for rich nuts; I doubt that China uses them. You might have a Mars-Adapted Spartan on the team as the heavy weapons guy, but the model is a bit pricey and short-lived for serious militaries. Alternatively, you could have Mars-Adapted Bingmayong (Bioroid Bazaar, p. 24) as utilitarian grunts, with the elite status deriving from intensive training and high-end personal AI assistance.
My Self-Publications: On Warehouse 23 and On DriveThruRPG.
Phil Masters is offline   Reply With Quote