Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 10-17-2011, 07:44 PM   #141
Ulthar88

Default Re: [IC] The great black hills gold rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimchim View Post
"Damn it to hell you are right he did mention someone else. For the life of me I can not recal your name fella but he did say you would have two wagons. Must be you. As for that wagon train dont worry your self we know another trail into the gulch. Just follow us"
"Well, I guess that's okay," Pericles stands up and stretches, gun still in hand. "But I'd sure feel better if you lot carried these deeds instead of me, being better armed and all." He steps down from the wagon.
Ulthar88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:24 AM   #142
Skullcrusher

Sampson slows up to let the girls catch up. He motions for Samuel to slow. He pulls out his spyglass and peers at the men in front of the wagons. Then at the man on the mule. He looks like the fella the girl spoke of. When the older girl gets closer Sampson holds out the spyglass and says,"Look over yonder at those 4 men on the horseback...any erm look familiar!"

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:05 AM   #143
zoncxs

samuel stops next to sampson and readies himself and is horse for a sprint if need be.
zoncxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:43 PM   #144
chimchim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcrusher View Post
Sampson slows up to let the girls catch up. He motions for Samuel to slow. He pulls out his spyglass and peers at the men in front of the wagons. Then at the man on the mule. He looks like the fella the girl spoke of. When the older girl gets closer Sampson holds out the spyglass and says,"Look over yonder at those 4 men on the horseback...any erm look familiar!"
The girl looks through the lense and seems to freze. She does not even breathe for a worryingly long period of time. You and Samuel are about to intervene in some way when the girl finally snaps out of her stupur.
"Please Mister get my sister away from here"
Old 10-19-2011, 02:44 PM   #145
chimchim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulthar88 View Post
"Well, I guess that's okay," Pericles stands up and stretches, gun still in hand. "But I'd sure feel better if you lot carried these deeds instead of me, being better armed and all." He steps down from the wagon.
"Of course I will carry the deeds for you" states the deputy.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:48 PM   #146
Ulthar88

Pericles walks up to a point just in front of the riders and reaches up to his vest pocket almost sticking his pistol barrel into his shirt, "Oops. Guess I can put this away now..."
Suddenly he looks back over his shoulder as if looking back down the trail, but actually looks very pointedly at Sebastien and shouts, "Is that bandits?!"
Pericles immediately discharges his pistol into the air, inches in front of the nose of the 'deputy's' horse and makes a mad leap for the side of the trail, hopefully into some trees or rocks if nearby...

Dex 11 (3d6=11)
just barely, for what it's worth. Pericles knew for sure what was up when the 'deputy' mentioned knowing about two wagons.
(ooc: also hoping for a historically realistic discharge of black powder smoke, which might help to spoil the riders' aim :) )
Ulthar88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 04:24 PM   #147
Skullcrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimchim View Post
The girl looks through the lense and seems to freze. She does not even breathe for a worryingly long period of time. You and Samuel are about to intervene in some way when the girl finally snaps out of her stupur.
"Please Mister get my sister away from here"

Sampson says,"Girl ride away from here! Hell is about to come..." He draws his scatter gun and spurs his horse leaving his mule with the girls.

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 04:43 AM   #148
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Pericles walks up to a point just in front of the riders and reaches up to his vest pocket almost sticking his pistol barrel into his shirt, "Oops. Guess I can put this away now..."
Suddenly he looks back over his shoulder as if looking back down the trail, but actually looks very pointedly at Sebastien and shouts, "Is that bandits?!"
Pericles immediately discharges his pistol into the air, inches in front of the nose of the 'deputy's' horse and makes a mad leap for the side of the trail, hopefully into some trees or rocks if nearby...
As the gun discharges, Jeb's mules spook, but he tries to calm them down and lead them off the trail, away from all the commotion. 3d = 8, success by 4 (Animal Handling 12)
Old 10-22-2011, 08:00 AM   #149
chimchim

Quote:

Dex 11 (3d6=11)
just barely, for what it's worth. Pericles knew for sure what was up when the 'deputy' mentioned knowing about two wagons.
(ooc: also hoping for a historically realistic discharge of black powder smoke, which might help to spoil the riders' aim :) )

Your pistol going off did more than just disrupt the aim of the rider! The deputy's horse reared in responce to the pistol shot and threw its rideron to the ground. The horse then bolted AWAY from where Pericles had been standing and into the horse of the rider to the deputies right.
The rider of that particular horse was somewhat quicker off the mark than the deputy and was in the process of trying to blast Pericles head off when several hundred pounds of unguided horse flesh crashed into his horse trapping his leg between the two mounts. His scatter gun dischrages both barrels harmlesly high and wide of Pericles head.
To get to the side of the trail Pericles will have to cross the path of the man on the extreme right (from Pericles perspective) of the line of road agents. He is armed with what looks like an old remington "army" of civil war vintage. THis man will get a shot at Pericles as he goes past.
dice roll = 16 a miss
The shot could well get sebastian dice roll 10 another miss

The man on the extreme left of the line abandons any attempt to fire his henry rifle and instead makes sure he is clear of the panicked horses.

I will let you roll for sebastian's shotgun attack his skill is 13 lol

Last edited by chimchim; 10-22-2011 at 08:06 AM.
chimchim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:06 AM   #150
chimchim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcrusher View Post
Sampson says,"Girl ride away from here! Hell is about to come..." He draws his scatter gun and spurs his horse leaving his mule with the girls.
You spur your mount into a gallop and prey you this thing is not over before you get there.