Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2022, 04:40 AM   #1151
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
He notices her moving towards him (he's looking right at her, and she can't go invisible... though with the really good roll, it was close). When she strikes, he dodges... and runs for the door... but another security member steps in the way. The man yells "Dreadstormers!", as loud as he can.
How far is Daymar from the man? I guess regardless he would like to try Suggestion, as All-Out Concentrate, for base skill of 18 minus normal range penalties. I didn't put in a success criteria since I'm not sure what the target with range penalties will be.

Suggestion

3d6
1 + 3 + 2 = 6
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 04:56 AM   #1152
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
How far is Daymar from the man? I guess regardless he would like to try Suggestion, as All-Out Concentrate, for base skill of 18 minus normal range penalties. I didn't put in a success criteria since I'm not sure what the target with range penalties will be.

Suggestion

3d6
1 + 3 + 2 = 6
The place is pretty small. 5 yards away, for a -2 penalty... they loose the contest.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 10:48 AM   #1153
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The place is pretty small. 5 yards away, for a -2 penalty... they loose the contest.
Daymar will suggest the guard shut-up and come back into the room.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 05:33 AM   #1154
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar will suggest the guard shut-up and come back into the room.

He does so, and Daymar thinks the second attempt at brainwashing works.



Sargent Pookivo sends four men to check the hall, and they don't see anyone... hopefully Daymar stopped the noise in time.



All of security has been double brainwashed.



I think one group was going to go break the prisoners out of jail, while another group alerted the friendly officers of what was going on. Pookivo wants to know at what point they detain the rest of security, and wants them to all start getting their personal weapons.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 08:00 AM   #1155
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I think one group was going to go break the prisoners out of jail, while another group alerted the friendly officers of what was going on. Pookivo wants to know at what point they detain the rest of security, and wants them to all start getting their personal weapons.
Hm. I thought that was for tomorrow. I think we should break into three groups. Daymar should stick with security here so we can detain and brainwash the other security shift. Pacifica can go inform the subverted officers. I'll go break out the prisoners. That sound good to everyone?
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 02:12 PM   #1156
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Hm. I thought that was for tomorrow. I think we should break into three groups. Daymar should stick with security here so we can detain and brainwash the other security shift. Pacifica can go inform the subverted officers. I'll go break out the prisoners. That sound good to everyone?
Sounds good to me.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 01:17 AM   #1157
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Alright, what will the instructions be?
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 03:33 PM   #1158
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Alright, what will the instructions be?
Without knowing off hand what the area of responsibility for each is, I think we should get them to try to exert their influence to:
  • interfere with drive repairs
  • prevent communications from going out
  • lock down any escape pods or probes from leaving the ship

Anything they can do to actively help our efforts would also be...helpful.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 05:34 AM   #1159
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

The three dreadstormers each have their task to complete.


Pacifica is to take two security members to alert the officers that the takeover of the ship is now.



Hua will take two security members and free the prisoners in the "brig"



Daymar will stay here and lead the rest of security in neutralizing the rest of security.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 07:53 AM   #1160
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Hua will take two security members and free the prisoners in the "brig"
Well... Not sure what I'm going to do with two security guards. I'll want a working pistol and a knife if they have one, any working gun if they don't.

OK, I'll send them ahead to distract the guards. I dunno, I'll come up with an excuse why they'd come down personally. Maybe an officer is paranoid or something. I'll tell them I'll be dazing the other guard, so don't let them shake the other awake.

Then I'll sneak in cloaked to daze the guards inside (I think there's two).
Quote:
[773] 22-01-18 15:50:21 CET
Confuse
3d6 <= 15
1: 5 + 6 + 6 = 17 ... failure
2: 5 + 5 + 4 = 14 ... success

[772] 22-01-18 15:49:43 CET
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
4 + 5 + 2 = 11 ... success

[771] 22-01-18 15:49:35 CET
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15
3 + 4 + 2 = 9 ... success
Well I guess we're going into combat.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.