Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 08-29-2013, 10:06 PM   #1
bubbafranks04

Default Curse Priority

Hey guys, I have a question about the ordering of curse cards. It came about yesterday when I played a curse on my friend where he had the Bad Stuff happen to him from the first Santa monster in the discard pile. In this case, the bad stuff was death. He had nothing to cancel the curse, but before he died he played the Duck of Doom on me so I had to lose two levels. I am wondering if he is allowed to play a card that doesn't affect his curse, or if he would have to finish the curse that was currently on him before he could do anything else (which means he couldn't curse me back because he'd be dead).

This came into play on our next game as well when I was forced to discard all of my hand cards so I cursed a couple of people before I completed the action.

Thanks for your ability to resolve our dispute without having to resort to loud yelling!
bubbafranks04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:08 PM   #2
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: Curse Priority

You must resolve the Curse before carrying out other actions. There's no "hey, wait, I want to play this first" moment.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:32 PM   #3
tremorlaine

Default Re: Curse Priority

In the first scenario your friend is dead. He cannot play any other cards unless they specifically allow him to cancel the Curse.

In your second scenario, your hand is discarded. Since cards are carried out to completion before another card can be played (unless the card allows you to cancel the effects of what just happened to you) you could not Curse anyone else. Those Curses go to the discard as well.

Future site of Griffon Gaming
tremorlaine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
curse, curses, order of resolution, priority, rules