Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-04-2006, 05:42 PM   #1
Michael Hopcroft

Default IOU for 4e

Well, I now have the basic set (both volumes) and powers. I'm wondering if this is sufficient material with which to adapt GURPS IOU (one of my personal favorite settings) to 4e.

I'm also wondering what adjustments should be made to the setting to better reflect 2006. I'm particularly interested in how UIOu and the Internet would interact (for example, which college would teach the Fine Art of Spam), what sort of mischief C>T>U>L>H>U> students can get into with high-tech toys, and whether Doctor What^10 is now considered the sexiest male dean.

I'm also curious as to how IOU concelas itself from the two sides of the Inifinte Worlds multiversal war -- or whether it actually is considered "neutral ground" and supplies agents to both sides....

RIP Elisabeth Sladen 1948-2011
RIP Nicholas Courtney 1929-2011
Michael Hopcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 07:08 PM   #2
DryaUnda

Default Re: IOU for 4e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Hopcroft
I'm also curious as to how IOU concelas itself from the two sides of the Inifinte Worlds multiversal war[.]
Archdean Archangel Iolanthe (why do you think it's called IOU?).
Old 05-04-2006, 07:30 PM   #3
UncreativeNameMaker

Converting to 4e should be pretty straight forward. The only thing I can think of that would be difficult to convert is Mundanity. In 4e it would require several different versions of Static, and even that wouldn't really cover everything it does.

The internet is obviously an extension of THE Computer, and therefore falls under the jurisdiction of its department, but the College of Communication may contest that.

If Infinity and/or Centrum discovered IOU, they would probably both be afraid of it. “Hey, is that a parachronic conveyer? I built one of those out of a DeLorean for my transdimensional physics final last year. This year I'm working on a reality quake machine. Of course I won't be able to test it on campus, because of the reality stabilizers.”

Last edited by UncreativeNameMaker; 10-23-2006 at 06:43 PM.
UncreativeNameMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 07:37 PM   #4
tratclif

In my campaign, IOU would be a shiftrealm (B534), probably with its own exit on the I-776 dimensional highway. The Archdean is rumored to be a Cabal Grandmaster or a powerful Eikone; she can take anything that Infinity or Centrum could throw at her.
tratclif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 07:55 PM   #5
isf

Quote:
Originally Posted by tratclif
In my campaign, IOU would be a shiftrealm (B534), probably with its own exit on the I-776 dimensional highway. The Archdean is rumored to be a Cabal Grandmaster or a powerful Eikone; she can take anything that Infinity or Centrum could throw at her.
This is how I'd set it up if I'm not using an In Nomine version of IOU.
Old 05-05-2006, 03:39 PM   #6
Michael Hopcroft

"And what is your thesis going to be, Miss Grant?"

"Doctor What^10, I'm planning a field trip to Coventry."

"huh?"

"And back."

"That's impossibleI"

"I am an IOU PhD Candidate."

"Well, if you can do it, here's a list of people I'd like you to bring back."

"Only if you proimse to finally **** with me when I get back."

"That's nerve."

"That's patience. Most girls wouldn't wait that long."

"So this is what it means to be too sexy for your shirt...."

RIP Elisabeth Sladen 1948-2011
RIP Nicholas Courtney 1929-2011
Michael Hopcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 06:36 PM   #7
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

*giggle*

O:>
Old 05-04-2006, 07:38 PM   #8
Fionn The Otaku

Quote:
Well, I now have the basic set (both volumes) and powers. I'm wondering if this is sufficient material with which to adapt GURPS IOU (one of my personal favorite settings) to 4e.
Yes, but only if you play it a magic light weird other wise you need Fantasy and Magic. Also you should may want wait until high tech and ultratech 4th ed come out to do it full justice.

Quote:
I'm also curious as to how IOU concelas itself from the two sides of the Inifinte Worlds multiversal war -- or whether it actually is considered "neutral ground" and supplies agents to both sides....
I see IOU and the surrounding town as something like a shift realm in that it is and is not located on a number of Alternate Earths at the same time. Any contact with Homeline or Centurm is from world jumpers that studied there. The Cabal on the other hand likely has close ties with IOU as many members likely want to collage there and many other almost certainly know the dean of Metaphysics.
Fionn The Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
girl genius, iou, school, swomi tift