Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Warehouse 23 General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2023, 12:03 AM   #181
Refplace

Default Re: New Shopify Store!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulon View Post
Fortunately the old site also has the updated files. Log in, go to downloads, enter part of title in the search, click on correct link in results to download. Easy and user-friendly. Everything the new site isn't.
It is getting there though. I noted several requested things have been at least partially implemented.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 03-07-2023, 11:54 PM   #182
Paulon

True enough. There have been improvements, especially in the search results layout when looking for something to buy. Unfortunately it seems it took until months after the site went live for any of those improvements to be made, despite problems being pointed out since this thread was opened last July. And while the downloads no longer require each and every individual order to be opened to find out which files might be included for downloading, they still are unsearchable. This problem was pointed out the very day this thread was created, and still hasn't been addressed 8 months later.

The new site looks like it was designed to try and attract new customers, which is important, but the designers seem to have forgotten to consider usability for their already existing customer base until after they shut down the old site and appear to be now belatedly scrambling to get stuff working that should have been ready before they made the transition to the new version.
Old 03-09-2023, 09:37 AM   #183
Imion

Since I downloaded a couple of updated PDFs yesterday:

I found that the lack of an option to search within the Order History makes the new shop nigh impossible to use for the distribution of updated files.

The Your Digital Library page is missing quite a number of my purchased titles and the indicator on the respective shop page if a title was already bought, even if gives a positive, offers no option to download the file directly, so one has to search manually in the order history. Combing through 30+ pages to find a title is not amusing.
Old 03-10-2023, 05:36 PM   #184
Michael Thayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulon View Post
We had file updates today.
In fairness, the downloads on the new site are now, at least in theory, a little bit easier to find, with the orders list now showing the products ordered as well as the order number.

However there is still no way to sort or search the orders for a given file. The order of the orders displayed is definitely not chronological either, making it virtually impossible to find anything specific. I have 60 pages of orders, and eventually gave up clicking through looking for the updated files. Right now downloads on the new site are still are a total failure from a user perspective, simply because it's too hard to find anything if you have a significant number of orders.

Fortunately the old site also has the updated files. Log in, go to downloads, enter part of title in the search, click on correct link in results to download. Easy and user-friendly. Everything the new site isn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imion View Post
Since I downloaded a couple of updated PDFs yesterday:

I found that the lack of an option to search within the Order History makes the new shop nigh impossible to use for the distribution of updated files.

The Your Digital Library page is missing quite a number of my purchased titles and the indicator on the respective shop page if a title was already bought, even if gives a positive, offers no option to download the file directly, so one has to search manually in the order history. Combing through 30+ pages to find a title is not amusing.
Counting myself, this is at least three people who seem to have this problem. Maybe that will be enough to get it fixed?
Old 03-11-2023, 02:53 AM   #185
johndallman
Night Watchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Thayne View Post
Counting myself, this is at least three people who seem to have this problem. Maybe that will be enough to get it fixed?
Same here. I have 32 pages of past orders, and no way to search them.
Old 03-11-2023, 11:49 PM   #186
trystero

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
Same here. I have 32 pages of past orders, and no way to search them.
12 pages for me, but that's still enough to be a pain in the arse to look through.
Old 03-14-2023, 02:35 AM   #187
Steve Plambeck

My confusion about digital downloads is increasing rather than decreasing as the new store is phased in.

For example, I looked at an older purchase, Hexagram #7 PDF. That along with the physical copy were a single purchase. If I needed to download it again, I find it (1) still available at the old W23 site (2) also available at the new W23 site, but there it is listed under a larger order of "COMPS" I have to browse through to find it (even though it wasn't a comp, and even though the items in this "order" were not purchased together) and lastly (3) the download is still available on Backerkit itself, as part of the single pledge I made for Hexagram #7 as both digital and physical copies.

Well, good enough, I could download it from any of 3 places, although at the new W23 it's hard to spot/find.

Now for contrast, consider the more recent Hexagram #10 PDF, which I purchased as an add-on to the Rose Labyrinth pledge. It doesn't appear at the old W23 (nor does any part of that order). It also doesn't appear at the new W23 (nor does any part of that order). Ah, but the order itself does appear under Past Projects at Backerkit, where it lists Hexagram #10 as well as two other digital downloads I was to receive with that order -- but this order is only listed, there are NO LINKS for downloading Hexagram #10 or the other two files that were part of the same order.

I might add that I already received my physical rewards from the Rose Labyrinth project order. This marks the first time I ever bought anything from SJG where the digital downloads weren't available before I got the physical part of the shipment. And when they are available, where will they be available? Old store, new store, or under backerkit projects?

This migration certainly appears to have botched many things, and don't even get me started on how terrible the new UI is.

[Addendum: Just did the close-out survey for Hexagram #11 at Backerkit, and for the first time ever it asks you if you want the pdf download stored there at Backerkit or at Warehouse23 -- guess you can't have it both ways anymore! I was sorely tempted not to pick W23, but did in the end to try to keep at least one full set of my SJG downloads together in one place, but now I'm anxious the Hexagram #11 pdf will vanish into the same limbo as my missing Hexagram #10 pdf and the other two downloads mentioned above! I like games, but this one not so much.]

Last edited by Steve Plambeck; 03-16-2023 at 03:17 AM.
Old 03-17-2023, 03:10 PM   #188
Riandor Na'Eris

I was downloading some updated files today. Aside from that not all of my orders are still implemented in the new shop some of the files I had purchased in the old shop are missing there too, the purchase is listed in my order and my download there but instead the download link show 'missing files' barring me from getting said updated pdf or recover them if I lost my backup.
The files are: GURPS Monster Hunters 2: The Mission, GURPS Action 1: Heroes, GURPS Action 2: Exploits.
Old 03-18-2023, 01:20 PM   #189
Michael Thayne

The old site now appears to be fully decommissioned, and the problem with the lack of any way to filter downloads / old orders appears does not appear to have been fixed yet. I have effectively lost access to hundreds of purchases I've made in my decade+ as a loyal SJGames customer. This is honestly appalling.
Old 03-18-2023, 02:20 PM   #190
Paulon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Thayne View Post
The old site now appears to be fully decommissioned, and the problem with the lack of any way to filter downloads / old orders appears does not appear to have been fixed yet. I have effectively lost access to hundreds of purchases I've made in my decade+ as a loyal SJGames customer. This is honestly appalling.
The old version of the site is now at http://archive.warehouse23.com/ and your old login should work.

Someone has already complained that not all of their files are there though, so good luck. I'm glad that the WotC OGL debacle prompted me to download and back everything up from SJGames (and other digital rpg sites) just before this cluster[redacted] of a site downgrade went through.
Closed Thread