Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 05-31-2023, 09:52 AM   #1461
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Peter examines the contents of the room, and notes if it has apparent surveillance. He will peek in any unlocked drawers or cabinets.
The room has only the couches... and that little hole in the wall that opened and closed. Inspecting the room, there are other little minutes areas that could serve a similar function. And is the wall a screen? maybe a very subtle one. He finds tiny dots in the wall that just might be tiny lenses.

Lisa: "That doesn't mean you don't have someone who could do it for you. You're aware this is serious. The Police don't have to get involved. I'd prefer it if they didn't. How can I find who you are?"

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 06:16 AM   #1462
the_matrix_walker

"I'm sorry Lisa. I'm just not from around here and I'm lost. I can't give you any more explanation that would make much sense to you without exposing to you to more trouble if the police or government want to keep me quiet... I don't want to get you into trouble. If you leave the door cracked, I'll slip away, but otherwise, you do what you need to do or call who you need to call."

Peter regrets giving his name and as much information as he has.. he reminds himself to just play amnesiac next time...
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 10:58 AM   #1463
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Lisa very intentionally keeps a flat affect to that statement.

"All right. I'll call..." She trails off, and then walks outside, and talks, seemingly with the air, for a little bit. She seems quite surprised, and then comes back in.

"You had me worried there. I'll send you back. An internal audit... I didn't know they could use kids for that. Are you actually like 20 or something? What can I get you?"

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 06-01-2023, 11:25 AM   #1464
the_matrix_walker

Peter blinks. There is a slight pause... A flurry of possibilities run through his mind. Did Slick prepare for his return? A mistake? A malfunction? Falling into someone else's cover story?

He snaps out of it with another, slightly longer blink.

"What exactly did they tell you?"

Unless she seems to think he is supposed to go back out in only his makeshift loincloth, he will go on to say...

"Thank you, Lisa. I would appreciate it if we could get some water for my dog. And if we could find something more appropriate for me to wear, I am starting to feel like this is last year's look."
Old 06-05-2023, 09:49 AM   #1465
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"That you're part of a test for an internal security audit, and they'll be down to pick you up shortly."

She gets Goliath a bowl of water, and lends Peter some faded green clothes they keep on hand "for clients".

Old 06-05-2023, 11:34 AM   #1466
the_matrix_walker

Peter dresses and waits for them to come for him. He thanks Lisa and anyone else he interacts with, and is the model of polite cooperation.

While he bides his time, he picks out little details in in the clothing and décor, of the architecture and design of things, appreciating this unique experience.
Old 06-06-2023, 09:13 AM   #1467
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Where will Peter wait? The old room? the space outside? Somewhere in the hall?

Old 06-06-2023, 09:28 AM   #1468
the_matrix_walker

I was under the impression Peter was locked in a small room.

Peter will head for outdoors. He will just slip away and explore the residential districts if he is not stopped. It's probably 'Slick' or his machinations that are coming for him. He's not sticking around if there is a choice.
Old 06-07-2023, 10:14 AM   #1469
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
I was under the impression Peter was locked in a small room.
She let him out, at the very least to go to the clothes.

Quote:
Peter will head for outdoors. He will just slip away and explore the residential districts if he is not stopped. It's probably 'Slick' or his machinations that are coming for him. He's not sticking around if there is a choice.
The outdoors he's aware of how to get to is the enclosure in the dinosaur area. He's not sure how long the hall leading away from there is. Is he headed down the hall to look for an "civilized outside" that might have residential districts or back to the dinosaur reserve?

Old 06-07-2023, 10:21 AM   #1470
the_matrix_walker

Peter is hoping to escape into the public domain.

Tags
lost in dreams