Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Illuminati Headquarters > SJ Games Discussion

Old 05-18-2023, 06:50 PM   #1401
Farmer

Default Re: Report To The Stakeholders

PS - they offer multiple shipping options to buyers so you can balance between speed and cost or preferred carriers.
All losses are restored and sorrows end."
Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 03:11 PM   #1402
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer View Post
PS - they offer multiple shipping options to buyers so you can balance between speed and cost or preferred carriers.
I posted this to SJ in a private note, but you can get burned by this (and I have). The different speed options default to "or whatever is available" if there's a crunch at the time of shipping. My "economy" box got sent "air express" because it crossed over an invisible-to-me-at-the-time line from "normal shipping" to "holiday nuttiness."

It still wound up being no MORE expensive than one-at-a-time parcels from US to Australia via USPS. But it was definitely a lot more than I collected in shipping on each parcel!
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 12:32 AM   #1403
Paulon

I find I'm in total disagreement about the state of Warehouse 23 as described in the Report to the Stakeholders at present. It's fundamentally broken and unusable for digital distribution. It's not a case of Ehhh, it's an outright failure.

1) Updated files aren't notified. The recent updates of files I own I discovered only through the update announcement thread. This is completely unacceptable from a customer viewpoint.

2) Previous orders in a customer account are unsorted. New orders (I only have one so far) appear to be the first displayed, but after those, there is no consistent ordering.

3) There is no way to search or filter previous orders or purchased files. I have 61 pages of orders on my Warehouse 23 profile page. I had to go through 54 of them to find the files updated today. That's unusable when compared to the previous site.

At this point, when it comes to new purchases, I'm refusing to use Warehouse 23 until the above points are fixed. I'd rather do without new releases and wait for them to appear on Drivethru than support Warehouse23 in it's current state. Hopefully by the time the next Stakeholder Report comes out this will have changed, but most of the problems were pointed out a year ago and have yet to be addressed.
Paulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 07:44 AM   #1404
Steven Marsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulon View Post
3) There is no way to search or filter previous orders or purchased files. I have 61 pages of orders on my Warehouse 23 profile page. I had to go through 54 of them to find the files updated today. That's unusable when compared to the previous site.
Are you talking about the download list? That one seems to list things in a rational (alphabetical, searchable) way, all on one page from my POV, but I'm not quite sure what you're seeing... (Or are you talking about the order-download page, and that works better for you for some reason?)
Steven Marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 05:46 PM   #1405
adm

Your new shop will not let me update my expired card, nor add a new card.

Yes the new shop is still broken.
Old 06-30-2023, 09:59 AM   #1406
Aleph
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by adm View Post
Your new shop will not let me update my expired card, nor add a new card.

Yes the new shop is still broken.
If you are having issues with the store, please contact help@sjgames.com so the staff that handles customer service issues for it can be sure to see it and help you with the issue.
Aleph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 06:35 PM   #1407
adm

Done.

If everyone who wants to spend money in your store needs tech support to do so.

Your new store is broken.